Stats Revamp 1.7 - Munitions

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spord Developer

I'll take a look at Particle Gun. Thanks for the feedback.
    • Like x 1
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I feel that there are a lot of crowd control aspects of abilities in the munitions powerset that don't really make a lot of sense (or no one will use in actual gameplay). I just closed the game so I can't remember the names, but I will put together a list. Most have to do with single target P.I. applicators and stuns in the same ability. There are 2 questions then:

1. Group of adds: What good does it do to only stun 1 add out of a group? And what good does it do to only apply a P.I. to 1 add?

2. Boss: Here the single target P.I. application makes sense, but the stun? Bosses are immune.

I'll get together a full list of these odd pulls, stuns, etc. from all the powersets because they don't seem to make much sense, at least to me. The question for the devs is, are we at too late in the game to remove those things and add more damage instead? Would it cause balancing issues with other powersets?
    • Like x 1
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Let me start by saying that I'm not criticizing the way munitions performs at the moment. I'm not the OP loadout type of guy, so I'll leave that up to the rest. I just want to make sure the devs understand the state of the powers is all.

With munitions, tons of powers have some sort of stun, pushback or knockdown. I understand that it can be helpful in keeping channels from getting interrupted. But is it a little overboard? Not sure, that depends on the dev's vision of the power. Here's a list of all the abilities with stuns, etc.

Pump Action Shotgun - push back; cost: 100
    Chain gun - stun; push back; cost:200
    Shrapnel Grenade L. - knockdown, PI application, SC gen; 200
    Particle gun - single target stun; 200
    Multi-net launcher - multi target stun, pull; 200
    Laser net launcher - single target stun, ground, single target PI; 200
    Chain grenade launcher - single target stun into multi knockdown, single PI into multi; 200
    Smoke grenade launcher - multi target stun, large AoE; 300

Even our SC mounted turret has stun, knockdown and shield added to it
    I'm not even talking about the two rocket out abilities that also have a shield

All of this means that Munitions has a ton of survivability options. So, 2 important questions.

1. Do all of these stuns, etc. negatively affect the dps compared to other powers? If not, it's not a problem. It's nice to have more survivability in solo situations. In raid situations, most of them will go to waste.

2. What is the purpose of laser net launcher? Single target stun, single target PI. The only niche I can think of might be pvp, where it would be pretty good, actually. In PVE, doesn't seem to make any sense at all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.