Stats Revamp 1.7 - Munitions

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spord Developer

Hey everyone, we’re back with another set of Stats Revamp updates! This thread is for feedback specific to Munitions powers. Before testing, please read the notes for our general changes here.

The biggest concern from Munitions players was the output for their channels. We have rebalanced all channeled abilities so that they get a larger bonus towards damage than they used to compared to burst abilities. We also added a lot of the Munitions channels to the list of abilities that the Empowered Channeling mod can affect.

Most of the other changes made were related to the Ability Output Update section of Avair's post. Here are a few of the changes:
    • Chain Gun, Five-Barrel Minigun, Particle Gun, Railguns, and Rocket Launcher - Now work with the Empowered Channeling tactical mod
    • Pump Action Shotgun - Animations have been re-timed to be longer allowing for more input time and more damage
    • Killer Instincts - The head band visual effect will now show in Controller role as well as DPS role
    • Reload - Increased Controller Group Weapon Buff bonus to 20%, up from 10% and now cost 300 power
    • Like x 1
  2. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

To both Devs and players...... do you guys feel like to Pump Action Shotgun really fits into Munitions anywhere live or on test? Munition is pretty much exclusively PFFT right? PAS doesnt fit into PFFT, well maybe now that bullet frenzy is gone?? And then as a Troll you would not use it either because you would be doing WM's for power reductions... again not possible after revamp so I guess it might be more useful.

I think that power needed to be completely revamped. It should have been brought into the channeled abilities family (represented as several shotgun blasts) and had a bad *** new animation. Something cool and cone looking like sonic cry or vortex cannon!! A super fat cone of affect like 180degree arc but like 3-7 meter range. A powerful upclose weapon attack like a shotgun is.

Nothing else in munition is tappy or holdy so why is this the only ability that is like a combo input power from rage/HL????
    ---------

The only other concern I have is that now that CC effects are back on DPS does that mean this power set is going to push targets all over again because that sucks so bad.
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

pump action shotgun: better. yet still:
    IT IS WEIRD TO NEVER GET OUT OF AMMO
    especially with this kind of weapon...
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I disagree, I'm very much looking forward to playing hybrid brawling weapon/munitions, and that shotgun will be instrumental to my play style as it is. I've never liked channels or playing entirely from the tray.
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

also, the first shot has a longer time to activate the combo, but the first combo has not the same time for the second combo imput, and after the last combo input, you directly use your weapon wich is... still weird somehow... but: IT IS BETTER NOW, just not perfect as a sollution...

SUGGESTION: why not slow down the combo as a whole, while adding a little bit more dammage to compensate for the longer activation time and while making the power cost like: 100, 100, 100, 100, then a reload animation that also happens to do the same group insta power, but without additional power cost? that would be a way to implement a battle troll with style!
  6. stärnbock Devoted Player

a second spamm option besides pump gun would be nice...
    *looks at gadgets napalm granates and is getting jealously*
  7. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Munitions is pretty good on the channeling DPS side of things, but I feel it needs some love in the non channeling aspect too.

Channeling Powers:
    This is the ideal setup for me thus far. The damage is much better than before and munition rocks in the channeling aspect, I went against Faust and I didn't have to use a soder cola.

Loadout used: Chain-grenade launcher clipped with Survival, Rockets, 5 mini-barrel, Railguns, and Mounted Turret.

Mounted Turret: This is a surprisingly good Supercharge to use now, It does quite a bit of damage for what it's worth and it feels very rewarding. Being that this guy is a 50% Supercharge, I believe this supercharge should be used as the baseline to buff the other Supers like Ice's Blizzard up to it's level.
    Burst aspect/Non channeling powers:
    This works okay, but it feels underwhelming in a lot of areas. Your main go to attack is Pump Action Shot-gun, everything else that is non-channeling that uses burning has too long of a cooldown;and too high of a power cost to use. This makes this setup cookie cutter and plain boring compared to the channeling aspect.

To Clarify this is what we have in terms of Non Channeling powers that take advantage of Burning:
    Splosion 3 second cooldown, 300 power cost.
    Pump action shotgun(the go-to low cost spamemer)
    Smoke Grenade Launcher 3 second cooldown, 300 power cost.
    And Mini-nuke 450 powercost, with a 6 second cooldown.

My Suggestion: Either Splosion or Smoke Grenade Launcher should be changed so it can be used for some variety besides just spamming Pump-Action Shotgun all day. Even if one of these powers take a damage nerf, I would be okay with it as long as it gives us more freedom in the Non-channeling aspect of Munitions.

Mini-Nuke: I felt like this power was underwhelming, It takes a while to use and I feel like I can get more damage out of just using Splosion and Smoke Grenade Launcher by the time this thing is finished being deployed.

Overall: It's like I said at the beginning, Munitions is great in the channeling aspect; but the burst(Non-channeling)aspect of Munitions could really use some love.
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

why is the shotgun combo not played with ranged attack taps (using right mouse clicks)??? feels strange, because we do ranged attacks (using riffle or dual pistoles for example) with the other mouse clicks and i can not see why we should do the combo with the same input like melee attacks...! is it a faillure or is it me who is wrong and does not getting it?
  9. Xibo Loyal Player

Feedback

- Increase the range of Pump Action Shotgun to 25m.
  10. Black Jaq Devoted Player

A general comment, adding the channels to the EC hand mod is exactly what this revamp should be about. This is diversifying the build and playstyle options.
  11. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Channeled abilities at the moment still arent rewarding.. once again im just comparing it to other powers who receive their INSTANT full damage HIT.. not includin crits.. just raw baseline dmg.. buff channeled abilities PLEASE.. including ICONICS.
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Bug: MRE has the same description as mounted turret.
  13. Xibo Loyal Player

Feedback: Mini-Nuke needs a buff. 50 cal and Splosion are clearly doing more damage.
    • Like x 2
  14. spord Developer

Thank you for bringing this up again because I forgot it the last time it was mentioned. Fix incoming.
  15. American Marksman Active Player

I took the time to test munitions during the last stats revamp on test and came away with a couple of thoughts about the revamp:

1. There's only a few powers that serve as ways to inflict burning on the target. I feel this really limits what you can do especially when one of them is shrapnel grenade launcher which to me was significantly nerfed from what we have now on live (yes I know its a SC builder). If munitions is going only have one power interaction (burning) now I think this needs to be expanded in order to allow for a variety of playstyles.

2. I know the damage for mini nuke was upgraded but even with the damage upgrade it still isn't good enough to belong in a dps rotation. I think instead of upgrading the overall base damage it would be awesome to give it a burning applicator with like 4-5 small ticks of burning damage behind it. This was one of the powers I was really excited about when I saw the reveal live but it has yet to really impress and warrant love from the player base

3. Pump action shotgun is nice and I think the range is adequate. I agree with one of the previous posters to increase the range.

4. Mounted turret - I like the damage upgrade to this power but it doesn't last very long. It would be much better if the ticks of damage were slowed slightly to allow for more multi-directional damage.
  16. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

Bug report: MRE description is the exact same description as mounted turret.
    Overview: Dps wise, munitions looks great. The only thing I would change is that the supercharge generator gives very very little supercharge making it next to useless, please make it worth our time by making it give more supercharge. Next, the range on Splosion is a little too small, upgrade it's range by about 2m and it should be fine.
  17. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

I feel like Mimi nuke needs a serious buff. For it's animation time and super high power cost it's not worth my time to even consider using when Splosion does more damage. Even compared to the other 450 cost moves from other power sets it is very weak. I mean honestly, you're dropping a nuclear bomb on someone's head; it's one of those powers that should make it feel like everything just went KAAABOOOM!!! Instead, it feels like you're just dropping a bowling ball on someone's head, which in the world of superheroes and supervillaims is equivalent to having a pillowfight.
  18. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

Channeled powers are finally looking really good. Glad you guys took the time to improve upon those.
    I really think pump action shotgun should be changed to a channeled power to flow with the rest of the power set. Make it something like Splosion where we have to get close and personal to blow the enemies' brains out. Make the cool down 3.5 seconds and make the power cost either a 200 or 300 cost and go from there. For the animation I'm thinking three or four successive shots should be added (example: I cast power - BANG!!! BANG!!! BANG!!! BANG!!!).
  19. Heart Well-Known Player

Here are a couple of bugs I found that keep bugging me!
    • Chain Gun:
      • This ability hits 3 times when enemy isn't burning and 6 times when enemy has the burning power interaction. The damage with burning power interaction is over double higher compared to the damage without any power interactions.
    • Particle Gun:
      • This ability sometimes hits for 3 times and sometimes for 4 times instead of getting the same amount of hits and damage per each use.
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Posts above this one have been reviewed by the team.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.