Stats Revamp 1.7 - Fire

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korlick Loyal Player

So...no word on the dovetail from the pull...cool.
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

also no word about the blue flame visual, guess will have to use a respec token...
    • Like x 1
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

So I was looking at the damage of various abilities, trying to get a feel for how Electrocute compares to other abilities. What I found is that Inferno is probably doing a little too much damage. Electrocute is the only field that leverages PI. Inferno is literally doing the same damage as Electrocute with PI (same min and max). This comparison was ran on 10 casts of each ability.

[IMG]
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I don't like how fire is setup right now. Pretty much if you want to play from the tray using fire it's either use Channeling powers or go home.

What do I mean?:
    • Fire has wildfire, burst but 3 second cooldown.
    • Fire has Spontaneous combustion but it has a 6 second cooldown, not ideal for PFTT.
    • Fire has fireburst and Mass Detonation, 4 second cooldowns.
    • You have your low options such as detonate and Flame cascade(Channeling attack), but they do peanut damage; these two are a DPS loss in pretty much every aspect.
    In short:
    • The Burst abilities have too long of a cooldown.
    • Channeling aspects are barely usable, and don't transition well with their current cooldowns.
    Looking at it from my perspective:
    • The loadout and setup I use when I go PFTT with fire is: Meteor Strike, Inferno, Overheat, Wildfire, and then another power to rotate with wildfire until the PI applicators/dots come back off cooldown. And I really have no options here outside of Flame Cascade or Detonate, but like I've said before these do peanut damage.
    • The last slot in the loadout is reserved for a supercharge.

What I would like to see:
    If Spontaneous could have a cooldown reduction while maintaining the 200 power cost it currently has; I think that would work well.
    It's the only ability on the revamp that has a 6 second cooldown while being a 200 in DPS role, needless to say I think that 6 second needs to be cut to 3, or possibly 1.5 seconds.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.