Stats Revamp 1.7 - Atomic

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L T Devoted Player

so re-tested atomic combos this weekend. They still seemed pretty good to me. I found I had to clip more to get good damage though, and the rotations became very power intensive-- more so (I think) than before the most recent update.
    Other notes:
    • Beta Surge is mid-range. Is this intentional? Could you maybe buff the damage or extend the range?
    • Nuclear Burst is under-performing when I test. I'm not sure why but it is. Are the initial hit and final combo a little weak? Don't know what it is but even clipping with this power winds up inferior to anti-matter bomb spam.
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I'm not sure what people are going to do in alerts. 1 DPS, 2 trolls, 1 heal?
  3. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Id rather go for 1 tank, 1 troller and 2 ranged dps. Healers are too power hungry and cant or wont try to help with damage much.
  4. Maxwill Committed Player

depends on dpses and on their powers or loadouts rotations, i expect most of groups to run with 1 troll. maybe there will be some ppl that like to experiment with 2 trollers , MAYBE.
  5. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I trolled enough in the day just being someone's personal power dump. Someone will make a video showing two trolls, huge numbers and that will be the end of it.
  6. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Huge numbers don't matter in an alert :/ Huge numbers were only important in raid situations because they resulted in faster and easier runs because there'd be 3-4 dps's getting them. 2 trolls going pure battery with only 1 dps will never be faster burn than 1 troll and 2 dps using WM under the current system, which means people don't have a reason to run it.
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Let's not have a repeat of the rage thread and derail over something small and irrelevant, back to atomic por favor.
    • Like x 2
  8. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Can you all take general discussion to the general thread, and leave Atomic's thread to be about Atomic???
    • Like x 1
  9. Maxwill Committed Player

Well also depends on how they release stats matter live, if people will be running with low sp(low power from might and power stat) players that will not have a very good rotation then yeah it will be with 2 trollers because 1 won't be enough

If they increase the cap of might and power stat or create a power stat alone then high sp players will run with 1 troller because they will have enough power from themselves , that will make up for the 2nd troller.Play from the tray dpses with 320 or 330+ sp will have alot more power than those 240 sp players.
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Posts above this one have been reviewed by the team.
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

i cant speak for everyone but i know i use the two melee combos to tank with
    • Like x 1
  12. tyrose Level 30

add me to the list of using both melee combos when tanking
    • Like x 1
  13. Maxwill Committed Player

Combos should do more damage than rage combos because rage has 4 dots which help alot with the damage ,especially when we have to block, lunge, activate stuff, carry, revive,(interact with stuff) etc, light doesn't have that ,nor atomic and that causes imbalance.

I've sent you a pm with the videos Spord where I prove that rage is doing more damage per second than light and atomic .
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I like Atomic since the changes, but of course I can't speak about OP loadouts, etc. Here's my feedback regarding stuns/knockbacks, etc.

Atomic has a few stuns, and they seem to fit nicely into the power without sacrificing too much damage.

Ionizing Eruption - Multi knockdown, PI application; 200
    Unleash Anti-Matter - Multi knockdown, PI application, SC gen; 200
    Electron Flare - Multi knockdown; 200
    Thermochemical Explosion - Multi knockdown; 200
    Atom Splitter - Pull; 200

Irradiate doesn't make any sense to me for dps, at least the applying PI part of it, since it's only single target.

TLDR; I think Atomics stun profile is good. The only power I don't know about is Atom Splitter. Do we need a pull in DPS role? I don't know the answer, it's kind of nice to group up enemies, and supports a variable playstyle.
    • Like x 1
  15. L T Devoted Player

You can't pull as a DPS anyway, so I don't think it matters. The damage on the initial and final hits of atom splitter seems about in line with most 200 cost abilities across the power sets (AS is on the very high end but it has a noticibly long animation)
  16. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Rage melee doing more damage sounds right because it is the most power hungry set followed by Atomic and then Light and Celestial.
    Also all Rage has is its melee potential, all other combo power set have way better ranged options than Rage.
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

This should better show the comparison between 1 tap inputs vs 2 tap, as well as give a better understanding on how atomic ranks compared to other powers. Even with the power increased, its dps is still lack luster and only made it so it would require 3 trolls to be as effective as celestial which could get away with one (no, don't nerf celestial please, unless you want to see me go Savage Star lol).

Someone mentioned atomic would need about a 30% increase on the 2nd input for it to be worth using and bring atomic in line.

On a positive side the midrange/melee combos were parsing 34k which is better, but still power hungry even for two taps.
    • Like x 1
  18. L T Devoted Player

nuclear burst didn't see a power increase according to the notes, but seems to have received a slight buff.

The first hit of beta surge is still on the weak side (likely due to animation time) and the power is still mid/short range. If it's going to be a short range power, it should get a buff. If not, it should get its range extended.

Atom Splitter hits very hard now, due to being short range with a long animation. The first and third hits are like long range 300 cost abilities, but the middle hit is weaker than 100 cost spammers.

In general the middle hits are all quite weak.

Atomic combos is incredibly power hungry now as a result of having only a single 100-cost combo power. I would suggest that Atomic Combos should be treated more like channels for damage calculation. The first and second taps should get a reduced power cost for similar or the same damage. It's more or less impossible to keep them going as things are, even without clipping.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.