Stats Revamp 1.6: Fire

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Listen, mate. Learn to express yourself if you're going to criticize someone. Here's your original post:
    1. First of all, power regen doesn't come only from weapon attacks. You also regen slowly in combat a certain amount based on your amount of power. If you want to play ONLY USING POWERS FROM THE TRAY, and NO WEAPONS, which is what PftT is, then you need at least 45-49k in power at CR189. It increases by alot both the size of your power bar, the amount of power you regen every second, and the amount of power you recieve from defeated enemies.

2. You clearly said that there was no way to play from the tray, which is what I found humorous, since you didn't invest any sp into power so of course you can't play from the tray.

3. Yes, you can play from the tray. Is your damage going to be comparable to someone specced full might? Of course not. But the devs were clear about that when talking about playing from the tray in the first place.

4. If you're trying to say, playing from the tray doesn't do the same amount of damage as hybrid, then say that. Don't act all high and mighty if you don't know how to say what you mean.

5. If you're talking about going full might (or full precision) and using weapon attacks to rebuild your power, that's called hybrid, not PftT, as I already explained to you. If you have a problem with hybrid, say hybrid, again, learn to express yourself properly.
  2. xD25x Dedicated Player

Let me first say I am one of the biggest supporters of Pfft. But it sickens me to see people complaining they can't just spam fireburst anymore. The same people who claimed AMs were too easy are saying that they want fireburst to get buffed. That playstyle was boring. Pfft means the ability to use all powers in your tray not set up a p.I and then just spam one power. Fire is in a good place but you have to step outside the box when testing.
    • Like x 2
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Thanks for these numbers. Nice job.
    • Like x 1
  4. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Tbh, I can't answer that question without offending some people (not the devs) xD If it comes out, it'll be in a PM to a dev not in the open where I'll end up having to argue with other people with how it should be fixed. Less stressful to keep some things lowkey. That and the fact that why it's op is related to tank stance possibly along with op powers that have the same "problems" but in a different way.
  5. Magnificent Loyal Player

Have you even tested Fire out yet? I have.

While throwing all the points available into Power (current build with just over 150SP has me with just over 41k Power), combat is still sluggish because...

...wait for it...

waaaaaait...

...Power does nothing to deal with the length of cooldown timers and having to spec so much just to keep at least 1/4 bar up after combat is over means you aren't doing a whole lot of damage. And on top of it all, increasing Power appears to increase the amount of Power you get back with your melee weapon (averaging 800+ per tick when using a weapon after depleting the Power bar as opposed to 54 per tick with a full Might build). So even with throwing everything into Power, regen comes FAR faster when using your weapon.

While I was wrong about Power regen, it's a fairly minor point to get your big-girl panties all wadded up about as apparently the only way to have enough Power to sustain through a fight is to not have enough Might to make the build worthwhile damage-wise.

You seem to have spent a lot of time posting about how I express myself, which I find amusing because your first foray into this thread was to do nothing more than drop a snarky comment. If you want to have a respectful, constructive conversation then you should start off on that foot. I'm simply responding within the tone you set with your initial response.
  6. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

can someone make a video of the new pull and show it? So those of us not able to get on test and see how it is.

Meaning if its more like rage/ice pull, or earths pull, or atomics pull.
  7. Korlick Loyal Player

Ah ok, understood.
    But that seems to be a bug. Well...ill trust youll make the right call.
  8. L T Devoted Player

it's very similar to ice's pull, with some nice explosive special effects thrown in.
  9. Korlick Loyal Player

Or put the regular fire back into F.Weapon and the blue flame into the shield. I think it would be easier to notice.
  10. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

I'd say this much in the open:
    Most dps powers for melee are anywhere between 40-50k depending on straight might or prec/might
    gadgets = 50k+
    fire = 50k+
    hl = 50k+ but most significant power problem borderline needing 4 trolls

Gadgets we haven't figured out exactly what's causing it, fire we have an idea and think it could be related to gadgets, but also partially due to the fact they fire just "lucked up" so to speak and has several special things that other powersets just don't have in their kit. It's a matter of if those special things should be removed or nerfed together or nerf 1 or 2 of them and if they are removed, then it has to be applied to other special apples among the powersets along with possibly affecting fire's support role.
    • Like x 1
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Looks like Handblaster Fist Slam works pretty well with Fire. The cooldowns are just right to be able to alternate Flashpoint and Wild Fire. Throw in Inferno for PI/DoT, Robot Sidekick, and Fiery Weapon (weapon buff) to round out the rotation. A quick parse shows that you should be able to get over 50k if you have a couple of Controllers backing you up and you're using the CR 190 gear box.

I still think Fist Slam is a horrible way to play the game.
    • Like x 2
  12. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Not quite sure, was that the video that got pulled? If so there's no link to a channel there.
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Nvm, read the rest of the thread. Nothing to say here.
  14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Here you go:
    • Like x 1
  15. Korlick Loyal Player

That looks awfull lol
    • Like x 2
  16. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Start a conversation with me and I'll link it. Not letting me start one with you for some reason.
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I thought so too until I noticed that the black thing is the gorgon's tail, not part of the animation, lol.
  18. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

That looks so awkward. Why couldn't they make it look like a firey version of ragebringer or something?
    • Like x 1
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Absorb Heat is not restoring Health in Damage or Tank roles. Here is a demonstration for Tank role:
    • Like x 2
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Activating Fire Soul Aura in Tank mode eliminates your healing bonus. Here is a demonstration video with Backdraft:

Without Fire Soul Aura being active, Backdraft heals me for 2300-2500 Health. At ~7 seconds, I use Fireball and do a one-hit combo to activate Fire Soul Aura. Notice the indicators under my health bar. The Green heart disappears and a Green Shield activates. The next Backdraft after that only heals me for 1455 plus a 156 tick.

I don't think Fire Soul Aura is supposed to reduce your healing ability.

I think the problem here is that "Fire Soul Aura" is being counted as a block and you lose the healing bonus if you are "blocking."
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.