Stats Revamp 1.6: Fire

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Expect that Fireburst is not exactly the default attack because of the high risk of interruption.
    (You guys did the same thing with Ice where Frost Blast got like 2-3 secs cooldown)
    Both Fire and Ice need 1 spammable midrange and 1 spammable max distance attack.

Reduce cooldowns of Flame Cascade and Frost Blast to 0, pls!
    • Like x 2
  2. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

So they're turning fire into another stand still and do damage rotation.
    What a shame! It was a lot of fun to be able to move about, now it's just another crappy power.
    I am totally convinced that whoever Redeveloped the new fire toon never played it seriously.
    • Like x 1
  3. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

That's because they ruined every channel power for every powerset lol Fear Gas, Roar (excluding now when it's broken), Fireburst/MassDat, and even Munitions are all trash with their channeled abilities. You'd only even debate using them maybe in solo's if you wanted to force a PftT playstyle, otherwise it's not good damage. And where the situation is really screwed over is the fact that if you want the damage to be higher, you'd prob have to either remove the channel and or increase the power cost, which is going to take the iconic aspect away from it if you were looking for an old school playstyle and or ruin the idea of using it as PftT for solo content.
    • Like x 2
  4. Rockdaddy099 Level 30

2nd power I started from the beginning of this game and all I can say is THANKS DEVS, now leave it alone some wont like the changes, still hung up on the old days, I understand the need for change. The fire shield might need a better animation can't really tell that you have a shield on I mean you are just on fire from shoulders up? Also 100% agree that Fireburst animation is long and animation should be vamped. Overall good job I always though Fire tank on Live was iffy at best, let go of block at the wrong time dead, no shield to regain control and now its a battle tank kinda curios as this is my only tank power. excellent job on the shield and giving fire its own pull(down with lasso). People don't like the idea of going away from what they know so hate is inevitable. We will just have to adapt and find new ways to play sounds fun to me, been doing the same moves for too long so everything was become stale. Of all the powers I play this is the most improved(Haven't tried Electricity yet hope it is as good as everyone says).
  5. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

There's no reason there can't be both types of gameplay with Fire.
    There's no reason they can't build a viable mobile Fire toon.
    Most Fire players like the Mobility. You may be happy; but this will leave a sour taste in in many Fire Players.
  6. krytine Loyal Player

I agree with you about some of your statement battle 5anking or aggressive tanking should not be the defualt for any off the tanks each power should lean a little away f4om others so they can have thie4 own uniqueness pets have weapon elect4ic and nature dots more then others some should have burst and some should be better with weapons and so on and so on and so on
  7. Rockdaddy099 Level 30

Mobility might be a issue as well but not the end of the world just have to play the power
  8. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Channeled abilities need some love, the Devs are not taking in consideration the time cast at the time to set up their base damage values, only power cost, thats why they are not real contenders on good dmg loadouts.
  9. Rockdaddy099 Level 30

I agree they can have both but still not mad at what we have. Both styles of play would open up variations of gameplay keeping it interesting. So sure if that ends up being the way tank role goes I wouldn't be upset. Mobility is a factor setting in one spot is annoying I just don't feel it deads the powerst. Position in battle is a key of survivability, so movement needs a looking into For me fire is fine on live except for the long cast times weak alternative damage powers and supercharges. you were really limited to one basic loadout boring. Tank like a turtle you are right should be a choice depending on the fight plan and what the adds or bosses are doing, I just always felt that tanks should get damage in as well not just pull, block ,heal, and wait and wait and recast.
  10. spack2k Steadfast Player

set up time + vulnerability need to be a part of damage values not only CC ability and power cost, are utilising pi, cooldown and aoe/single target even accountable for base damage ?

all those values need to be addressed in the balancing process later on...

btw we need the visual "blue flame" back ,since u took fiery weapons visual and gave it to the new fire shield why not put the blue flame on fiery weapon buff ?
    • Like x 2
  11. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Here's feedback from my first pass. I am able to play fire close to how I did it before AMs. It's somewhere between a weapon heavy build and 50/50 hybrid. I'm happy that the knockdown effects still remain with most of the powers.

Bug: On an unrelated note, it doesn't look like the boosted sidekick is healing correctly (see end of the video)
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I'm starting to wonder if Fire Soul Aura is working correctly.

My base defense stat in Tank role is 32541. When I block, my defense stat increases to 52066 (that is without Fortified Blocking).

Using Stoke Heat and a 15 hit combo, I can get my Defense stat up to 40090. Based on what I've seen so far, that seems to be the cap. I've tried using different powers and getting to higher hit counts. However, it always ends up capping at 40090.

Looking at the patch notes, I was expecting Fire Soul Aura to increase from 25% to 55%. The max I'm seeing is 25%.

How is this mechanic supposed to work?
    • Like x 1
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Snuff Out is not advancing the hit counter in either role. Here is a demonstration:
    • Like x 1
  14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    The interesting thing about Fire Soul Aura is that you don't have to use your own power to set something on Fire. Using Napalm Atomizer and starting a weapon combo is enough to activate the mechanic. I'm wondering if having another player start the Burning PI would be enough to activate the Aura mechanic.

It looks like Immolation has a 66.6% shield modifier value.

Bug Report
    As others have mentioned, I keep seeing wild fluctuations in my health stat when switching between Damage and Tank roles. Sometimes my Health stat is 43027 in Tank role. I've seen it go over 61000 at certain points.
  15. L T Devoted Player

absorb heat seems to be healing inconsistently-- and by inconsistently I mean almost never. It doesn't seem to matter if the enemy is burning or not.

Also, Absorb Heat will re-target if the first enemy you use it on dies, but other than that there doesn't seem to be any way to switch targets.
    • Like x 1
  16. L T Devoted Player

A lot of people have made similar comments throughout all the power testing. Nevertheless that's the way it is, and it's the way it's been for every power tested. If you want AM-style play, Power is your main stat, not might.

For what it's worth, DPS does seem to increase the more power you invest in, and it also encourages using controllers more.
  17. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

which is why I didn't post my vid here lol I only made that video to get some people on live to stop asking me how fire was xD Figured I'd slide a clip in to get "ooh ahhh" and I got a text from a friend saying within the first 5 seconds he knew it was gonna get nerfed from that clip I did. Only a few people know the full potential of fire dps right now (which isn't in that video) and right now, we're just talking internally about what makes it stronger so we don't blindly nerf it since we do like how it plays currently.

Check my channel from that previous link, just uploaded a video on the problem you're going to have getting that mobility. Not posting it here because there is profanity ever so often.
  18. Korlick Loyal Player

But how is keeping it a secret going to help? eventually its gonna come up and if it has to be nerfed in the devs eyes, it will be. Whether is on test or live servers.
    I mean...wouldnt be better if it gets adjusted/nerfed now instead of later on before everyone get use to it?
    • Like x 3
  19. Trexlight Devoted Player

Testing the Fire Soul Defense Buff to see how high the Hit Counter needs to be to get the Max +55% Defense Buff.

Here are some numbers:
    Stats:
    Base Defense - 17594
    + 25% Defense Buff - 21992.5
    + 55% Defense Buff - 27270.7

Combo Counter - Defense #
    1 - 22872
    2 - 23751
    3 - 24631
    10 - 23691
    15 - 26742
    20 - 27270

Trying to get the number was very difficult as the Defense kept dropping down bit by bit by the time I open the Stats Menu. The Defense buff lasts for 8 seconds so in case the Hit Counter resets you still get the buff and you can rebuild it. In order to get the Max Def you have to reach 20 Hit Counter which I feel needs to be lowered to 10. If Memory serves even Rage's Health buff with the hit counter maxes out at the 10 hit counter.

Some numbers were skipped due to the error of getting the number or when increasing the hit counter the Def number stayed the same. Again, hard to tell. The 8 sec duration buff didnt last long on some of the Counter Numbers so that might be a bug that the 8 sec buff only lasts on certain Combo Hits like 5, 10 etc.
    • Like x 2
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Inferno has some interesting range issues:

Assuming the floor tiles are about 5 meters, that makes the initial damage tick at about 45 to 50 meters.

You can also hit from that distance with Mass Detonation:
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.