Stats Revamp 1.6: Fire

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Well said. It is unplayable as currently set up; if you enjoyed it previously. Flame Cascade needs to be spammable. Fireburst load time is Waaay toooo looooong.
    Mass Det get cancelled, if you hit another power prior to detonation.
    Fireball should have movement ability, as well as many other powers.
  2. SteHyatt Well-Known Player

Absolutely Gutted.

Just played in test on fire and it's aweful, slow, and painful to see.

My main toon in live is fire and I never use weapon EVER, I am a pure pft player. Flame cascade is my spam weapon. Nothing gives enough power back and flow and pace has gone.

Example my 189 live toon can just run around monster invasion by starting Burning determination then fire weapon, then flame cascade constantly while running round. When in close throw a fire burst in for the kill if needed.

Test = no chance :( It is not a pft power as it stands.

Hope future changes make it as close to live as possible. I love fire exactly as it is in live (DPS). I have yet to try and tank in test so can't comment on that.
    • Like x 4
  3. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Let's to be clear, no one forces you to play as battle tank, you still have option to be a turtle tank. Use defensive tactical mods, hold block & you will be fine.
  4. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

How many power points are they expecting us to put into power for PFTT to be viable? I put 50 sp into power and was still having problems keeping power. ..

And fireburst and mass det need a slight buff since they have the timers.

On tank side, why are we being punished for turtling tanking? Why are you forcing battle tanking on all of us. Not all of us want to battle tank. I am glad it is becoming a option but please...let us still be able to turtle tank.
    • Like x 2
  5. IamINC Dedicated Player

Great having a shield and long range pull at last - thank you devs!

Fireburst - Animation really needs to be shortened , every other power has much better/shorter casting times/animations , please review this.

Like the fact I can now battle tank with Fire but kinds not so happy that turtling has been lessened , not every tank wants to be or are skilled enough to be battle tanks , feeling like we are being forced to play the battle way which I can live with and adapt to , new tanks may not.

Hoping I can get hold of a laptop/PC this week as I only briefly played on a mates , have been waiting patiently for Fire to get here!!
  6. Magnificent Loyal Player

I wouldn't mind not turtling all the time, but will wait until I can tank with it to see how it goes.

Something needs to change with the power-back mechanic for those of us that play from the tray, many of the timers are far too long and there is no decent spammable power (like FC currently is on Live).
  7. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

IDK what yall are talking about.. FIRE as a DPS does PLAY DIFFERENT and a TAD slower than LIVE which is to be EXPECTED.. but i think its FINE, minor minor minor improvements need to be MADE(DPS SIDE, i havent tanked yet).. but i can spam NICE and easy! But i SPEC ALL POWER.. I can spam up to 15x without problem.. my power stat line is 55k... ill see if i can upload a video... Ppl might say specc'n too much into power takes away from the DMG, but i can sustain DMG for a longer rate(PURE POWER BUILD) vs BURST MAX dmg(PURE MIGHT BUILD).. So if anyone is spec'n PURE POWER PFTT, youll be fine.. esp with RIFLE tap clips.. my dmg is PRETTY GOOD!!

Like i said, ill upload a video. in a few...
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Another laugh out loud moment. You start off by saying you put all your sp into might and 0 into power and you expect to be able to PftT?
    • Like x 6
  9. Cyro Committed Player

I knew you would agree Pults :D

Look we all know most people prefer battle tanking, you can go on dcuolive and see the population of people that are atomic compared to every other tank power(besides ice) and atomic blows them out of the water. People love battle tanking and i dont want to take away battle tanking from anyone however - we dont all love it. Some of us prefer turtle tanking. Now if you dont like holding block, thats fine we each like what we like, but some of us dont want to battle tank. There should be at least ONE tank power that is a turtle tank. Why cant that be fire?

Fire has always been THE turtle tank shouldnt it remain a turtle tank? People that want to battle tank well they have atomic, ice, earth and rage. Let us have fire.

When stats was first introduced to us we were told first of all that stats matters but second of all that we will have more choices to play. Well right now on test there is only one way to play and thats by ignoring the block button.
    • Like x 1
  10. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I didn't say anything about limiting options now did I. I was saying the slower pace of being a turtle tank helps new players.

Yes, I would direct new player to fire because turtling helps give them time to think and learn the mechanics because they are not doing too many things at once. Take Rage or atomic for instance, Being caught right in the middle of a combo or miss your rage crash window when you need to block, taunt or lunge can get someone or even you knocked out.

Turtle tanking is a slower pace tank that is not a button mashing and for new players slower is a good thing most of the time. Not every new or older player knows or understands the all nuances in DCUO. Like I said turtling is slower paced and help new & old players learn with less mistakes.

That sucks people kicked you because you were a fire tank. Those guys did not have a clue. Don't try to blame a tried & true play style because of others ignorance. When I am running Healer or Controller and I see a Tank turtling I am like thank you Hey suse LOL..... I know there is at least one player that understands there is more than being a button masher.

Being a damage magnet is not glamorous but neither is being an offensive linemen but those are the guys that help win games & championships. Without the offensive linemen out on the field taking all the punishment offenses cannot score touchdowns and win the games that they play. Good teams have team players. Having 11 quarterbacks out on the field would not win very many games I know that for sure. Turtling is more than just being a damage magnet it can be a great foundation for a really good group.

^^^^^^^
    IamINC gets it. I hope you are starting to understand what others & I are saying.
    • Like x 1
  11. spack2k Steadfast Player

atleast the required 100 sp to get the total power % increase i would say...
  12. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

This is what I tell everyone having issues with PffT.

Start with CR 116 gear...........
    Not top tier gear because the devs have a screwed up formula on how the power usage scales.

This is my baseline for every power that I have tested ( all the powers in revamp ).
    If I have issues here then I know there is something wrong.

1. CR 116 gear & using = SP to CR that the devs want players to have within the game

2. Split T6 power/might mods because Cr116 is T6 of course :)
    ( I still match the colors if not red gear socket with a split power mods)

3. Max crits ( 60 SP )

4. Start with 40 SP in power and step up in increments of ten & not using more than 60 SP @ 116 CR
    ( The majority of the player base has less than 150 SP & testing with much more than this will give skewed results )

Load out power costs:

1. 300
    2. 200
    3. 200 or 100
    4. 100
    5. 100
    6. SC

If you cannot PffT starting here then something is wrong.

Just remember when you move up in CR your power usage for each power goes up.
    It is a really screwed up formula IMO but I will save that battle for another day & thread.
  13. Maxwill Committed Player

yeah seems like only tanks get 0 power cost superpower, and that power it's not very usefull while they can make it usefull, increase power cost and increase healing out we get from it or damage absorption for others like shatter restraints
  14. The Great NK Well-Known Player

I'm glad fire tanking got some good buffs, but I agree with others about forced battle tanking.

It's true that many people complained about not being able to get a few hits out, but I feel like the devs took this idea to the extreme. Why are we being debuffed while blocking? Isn't blocking in the game to prevent damage? We should be able to fight when we need to and block when we want to absorb big hits.

I just can't imagine nearly dying and just standing there because all my powers are on cool down. I'd be at the mercy of the healer.

I would definitely suggest looking into this. And to all the testers, find out which scenarios battle tanking doesn't work and then give ideas on how blocking can be buffed in those situations.
    • Like x 2
  15. Cyro Committed Player

See the problem with that is no one does anything besides oly and gom. After they do those a few times them slap themselves with a pin that says "i thoroughly tested the power" no elite runs are being tested whatsoever. A few of us have said to lock oly and gom and to give us the pp to run elite to give us a true feel for the content.

The worse part about running oly and gom is that everyone is doing it at 189 cr. Now run run gom at 179 cr and 189 on live or gomn and gome and tell me how big of a difference there is. Its massive. All of our feedback for the most part is just the tip of the iceberg because no one is doing anything at level and any other raid besides Olympian.

Test is already barren. Finding a group to run stuff like pw at level is nearly impossible.

Side note i do 100% agree with what youre saying :p
    • Like x 1
  16. Aggro Well-Known Player

After saying alot, keeping fire a secret isnt going to help it, your just looking for trouble on the long run.

17. tioalbert Well-Known Player

i like be fire, ty developers.
  18. Cyro Committed Player

Might want to not post videos with cursing in them. devs could get mad
  19. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

My first impressions of fire are it plays very nice, the flow and pace of the power is great. I see some people here posting it plays clunky with long cooldowns on things and easily interrupted...Cast time powers like fireburst are just never super good cause of the risk you take using them also this isn't the AM era anymore so a more hybrid playstyle will most likely be the best. I do hope fireburst and mass d get a bump up cause they are pretty bad right now but all and all fire seems to play very well from a dps pov.
    • Like x 2
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Channels in all powers seem to be bad. They need a damage increase to make up for the risk of interrupt.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.