Stats Revamp 1.6: Fire

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IamINC Dedicated Player

I'd like to see fireball remain as a tank taunt , so detonate for me would be a decent spammer.

Fireburst being a heavy hitter would be better if the animation was shorter , at present it is ridiculous compared to other powers cast times , can this please be reviewed?
    • Like x 1
  2. supalova20 Well-Known Player

DETONATE......very nice spammer for AOE
  3. supalova20 Well-Known Player

definitely DETONATE!
  4. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Flame Cascade is the spam power on live as we speak
    Some of you have also suggested making Fire Burst a heavy hitter instead of a spammer. This would entail raising the cost and cooldown. Please do this.......... it is the big hitter and goes well with Mass Detonation players choose to do so.

When you take a look at Flame Cascade and Fire Burst you will see what I am saying.
    • Like x 2
  5. L T Devoted Player

If you choose fireball:
    • I'm not opposed to getting a new single-target taunt, but I'd like to understand what, if any, trade-offs there are.
    • what power becomes the single-target tank tanut? Do all single-target taunts have to be 100 cost and inflict a PI? Is that a rule?
    • should we maybe get another range power that inflicts burning?
    If you choose Flame Cascade
    • The CC effects are pretty valuable for solo content, I'd miss that.
    • Are there special implications/considerations for having a channeled power as a spammer?
    Detonate:
    • I've never really been a fan of Detonate as-is. (snuff-out is a better option for single-target).
    • How would an 8-man AOE spammer version of detonate be different from Mass Detonation besides power cost and cool down?
  6. L T Devoted Player

Other Thoughts:

Is Fireburst, on Test, considered a melee or a ranged ability?
  7. BumblingB I got better.

I like the idea of Fireball as an AOE spam. I know it's a single target taunt. Would you try to attach it to another power or make a new one? Flame Cascade isn't a bad choice, but it's a channel, I think in standardizing, quick casts should be considered the "spammers".

As for Fire Burst. Knockdown is give or take for me, I think in solo and duo content, you don't need to use casts and channels. So I'm okay with no Knockdown and more damage for 4man & 8man content, but I know others might think otherwise. With the way power scales, it's such a high cost power that it makes it a hard to use anyways.
    • Like x 3
  8. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Detonate.
    Fireball is fine as it is IMHO.
    • Like x 2
  9. Life Caster New Player

• Like x 1
  10. Life Caster New Player

Devs can you pls make fire soul into a visual aura similar to ice and atomic. An flame Cascade should be a spammer move and fireburst needs to be a worth while heavy hitting move damage out put to equal the time it takes to cast. Also on test rt now the incoming heals are 65% not 55% I dnt see the need for this nerf cause in higher content like elite raids or sm it would be viable to survive. An the same for burning determination dnt nerf it so hard this is the first time fire tanks have real chance to survive high end content without being a TURTLE. An reignition an eternal flame dnt heal enough for being a 1000 super charge.
  11. TheNumber 2 Well-Known Player

Fireball has my vote, but that's just me
    • Like x 2
  12. Life Caster New Player

Also meteor can be changed to fallen asteroids. That can be a 8 man aoe.
    • Like x 1
  13. Life Caster New Player

aking Fire Burst a heavy hitter instead of a spammer. This would entail raising the cost and cooldown. Please do this.......... it is the big hitter and goes well with Mass Detonation players choose to do so.

When you take a look at Flame Cascade and Fire Burst you will see what I am saying.[/quote]
    Agreed fireburst an mass detonation should be the hardest hitting moves with the right pi's an high power cost.
    • Like x 2
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Fireball would be best as an AoE to keep fire's options as broad as possible. Otherwise we'd lose the explosive effect on detonate I imagine. Just give fire tanks a new single target taunt. Fireball looks aesthetically pleasing as a spammer anyway.
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Maybe the taunt could be a quick version of what Jared does in DC. Like a narrow shockwave of fire heading towards the target.
  16. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Fire Burst would be a heavy hitter and a spammer. As in, it hits hard and has no cooldown. For ranged you'd want something like:

Hybrid Ranged Loadout
    - Overheat/Inferno
    - Stoke Flames
    - Wildfire
    - *another ranged move*
    alternating HB solar flames between burst powers after the dot's have been laid.

Fire Burst/Mass Det. Loadout
    - Overheat/Inferno
    - Stoke Flames
    - Fire Burst
    - Mass Det.

Not throwing actual numbers, but hypothetically if hybrid ranged was 40-43k damage per second, I'd want Fireburst to be at like 41-44 uninterrupted with a higher power cost than the hybrid ranged loadout. That way when the inevitable interrupts happen, you fall back in line with hybrid or lower. Mass Det. would be the loadout you used for max range. And Fireburst doesn't need cc, let it be alone and we can check the damage. If it's slightly above where it needs to be, then we can add the cc back and adjust from there.
  17. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Cast time powers like mass det and fire burst should both be spamable. Ideally you would set up dots then spam those abilities till it was time to reapply your dots.

Fireburst should hit slightly harder then mass det and both should be spamable. it makes no sense for them not to be.

Also flame cascade should have a .5 cooldown. Its kinda a filler power you can use if you get interrupted from fireburst or mass det while waiting for them to cooldown. Its also something a PftT player would use in smaller content instead of trying to get a long cast time power like fireburst or mass det off.
    • Like x 2
  18. Aggro Well-Known Player

I don't think they're going to get rid of channels nor lower cooldowns for spam, Moja said they're increasing damage multiplers to all vulnerable to interupt abilities.

Basically means after that general fix across all powers, then we can give feedback base the change.

Trust me, I'd love to have something similar to jump cancel..
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

why not make fire burst cost 450 power? it is your KAMEHAMEHAAA!!! special attack, it is channeled (means that it is a risk to use for itself) it should do a lot of dammage, yet it also should knock the enemies back... so: give it the long cooldown and raise its power cost to 400- 500... and yes, please: at least change it with flame cascade ^^

otherwise: flame cascade has no PI setup nor does it benefit from burning. how about add a PI setup and keep it the way it is if we would get a spammable low cost fast cooldown for multiple targets, instead of fire bal, that hits multiple targets and THAT BENEFITS FROM BURNING? i think something must be done about those PI's...
    • Like x 1
  20. stärnbock Devoted Player

this^ except maybe fireburst could have a cooldown if it would be strong enough to justify it's cast time and it should have knock back for maybe a higher power cost... my opinion...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.