Stats Revamp 1.5: Quantum

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

But who said I do not want to combine the powers? That's exactly what I'm complaining about in the quantum!
    While I can do a four-power spin with the atomic, at the same cost I only use one power in the quantum! This is boring and completely runs away from the initial quantum proposal!
    And about the powers of "tank" taking a couple of the rest all can rather be used for DPS. It only depends on what your goal is with DPS: (greater damage? Fun? Variety?)
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The following changes are moving on to test today:

Quantum
    Time Bomb
    • Reduced damage to account for lower cooldown and quicker detonation time
    • Lowered cooldown to 4s, down from 6s, and increased damage slightly to account for crits. Now spawns above your target and slowly descends before detonating. Should no longer block certain ranged weapon attacks from hitting the target.
    • Now properly benefits from % Damage bonuses
    • Like x 1
  3. Hemmy Committed Player

okay... part of me doesn't even know where to start. First let me say I haven't read everything in this thread, I simply don't have time.

Second let me state that most of my comparisons will either be to atomic or electricity as those are the powers I have tested most with in the stat revamp versions so far.

My initial impressions are that I like the way that the power is developing. I think time bomb is generally kind of useless at the moment as it's damage is not significant enough to warrant the power cost when going to a DPS only build.

I have two suggestions.
    1. That inspiral waves have it's cool down increased to 1 second (instead of the near instant CD it seems to have now) and the damage increased by approximately %30. This is to match up with atomic's Particle Beam ability which has a 0.5 second cool down (also a 0,5 second cast) but the damage output of nearly %30 more than inspiral waves.
    2. That the Super Charge ability Time loop be reworked. Currently, either as a troll or DPS, no sensible player is putting points into restoration and so the ability restores MAYBE a third of a player's health. This is unfortunately low for any ability of use, setting aside the fact that it's a super charge. The breakout is... okay but quantum tunneling does that anyway, the temporary immunity is nice, but quantum tunneling does that anyway. The heal is disappointing and with a simple tactical mod... you guessed it, quantum tunneling does that anyway.
    Those are my two big gripes with quantum so far. Other than that I love everything else about how the power set is coming together. Great works daybreak team! I can't wait to see what comes next for my favorite space-blue power!
  4. Microwave Well-Known Player

Sorry, little correction meant to say: If I fail to talk you out of removing the visuals....

Also I'd like to add another idea could be to change transparency of the effect.
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

FIX CONFIRMED:
    weapons now deal dammage after timebomb.

4 seconds are better.
    would it be possible to revert it back to 6 seconds, raise its max back to how it was but:
    let time bomb explode when reached the cap???
    i think this would still be better, but the recuce to 4 seconds will help those hwo plan on using it...
    i sure wont :p
  6. Absolix Loyal Player

Unless something has changed, the healing works off of Dominance and Restoration, making it a powerful self-heal for trols. All trol powers have a self-heal supercharge, Gadgets has Anesthetic, Mental has Convalesce, Light has Restore, and Munitions has MRE.
  7. Rabbitxpp Well-Known Player

When will the quantum revamp drop for the public ?
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The revamp as a whole has no release date yet. All of it will come together at some point in the future.
  9. Rabbitxpp Well-Known Player

Thank you @jafin
  10. Hemmy Committed Player

I have just noticed that when using the "Lift" power, it gives enemies the time bubble VFX which acts as the indicator that a player is shielded. This could lead to some confusion as to what it's doing to enemies.
  11. L T Devoted Player

I find 4 seconds to be demonstrably worse. Time bomb doesn't fit into any rotations now, and it's much much harder to use weapons with it. It's actually border-line complete trash.
    • Like x 2
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All posts above this one have been reviewed by the development team.
  13. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

I can get around the same if not slightly higher damage but it's boring now. I'm literally just hitting gravity well and then its:
    - Time Bomb
    -Alcubierre
    -Inspiral Waves (x2)

on every single rotation. You only have enough time for 3 powers and alcubierre takes up one second as it's the hardest hit quantum move currently. If you replace insprial waves with something else somehow that costs 200 or 300 power cost, you'll drain through power too fast, rifle doens't regen enough to sustain 300 power cost spam even with 2 controller bots. At least beforehand, it would be an extra alcubierre or i would mess up and miss inspiral's window for the last time bomb and it would be slightly different each time bomb was cast. To repeat the same cycle every 6 or 12 seconds didn't feel half bad, but to do the same rotation every 4 seconds got boring extremely fast. And with 4 seconds, you probably can't do certain long weapon mastery rotations.
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

granted... time bomb should stay at six seconds with high cap but it should explode as soon as cap has been exceeded.
    of course the power has to be in cooldown for six seconds anyways, but let it explode when at cap,
    thats the only thing you have to do for saving it from beeing trash. 4 seconds works well with finisher however, just saying...
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

try out clipping brawling hand clap (highest power regen you can get through weapon ranged tap clipping) between every power and use the finisher (its 200 power, but since its a channel power, you will not burn through your bar so fast with it). tell me what you think, please... it works pretty awesum in my opinion!
  16. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

I'll test that for single target, finisher doesn't work on 3 targets though.
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

it is 200 power cost, but because it is channeled, you will not burn your powerbar so fast...
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

Thing is: time bomb works better as more you are weapon foucused, while all finishers are usefull only when concentated full might only...
  19. L T Devoted Player

That's a play from the tray rotation. It works-- but as you say there's no time to do anything else, and it drains power really fast. Hybrid using time bomb is what's really broken, because you don't have time to do any weapon attacks.
  20. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

is this is a "wrong" rotation for how to include the 35% let me know

Dw tap hold wm full prec spec - parses 20k still - feels acceptable
    Rotation:
    - gravity well bot clip time bomb warped reality -
    - dw tap hold wm -
    - alcubierre wave -
    - dw tap hold wm -
    - time bomb -
    repeated

MA tap tap hold wm (uppercut) full prec spec - felt clunky and weird af, parsed around 19-20 which is low considering ma uppercut is broken
    Rotation:
    - gravity well bot clip time bomb warped reality-
    - ma uppercut clipped with alcubierre wave-
    -time bomb-

the uppercut was literally landing like within .5 seconds of the time bomb ending, both ticks can be seen above the target at the same time. after the uppercut clip its just time bomb again and repeated.

Rifle tap hold hodl wm (cleave) full prec spec on 3 targets 35-36
    same rotation as MA except it fit in slightly faster and wasn't last minute on making it before time bomb but still not fast enough to actually hit anything else.

Out of the 3 weapon masteries I tested, dw was the only one that felt acceptable because at least it alternated so it wasn't as boring and it kept up parse wise to might spec.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.