Stats Revamp 1.5: Quantum

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L T Devoted Player

I think that's a really intriguing idea! Not sure if it's technically possible, but it's an improvement that wouldn't really be too over powered because you'd still be limited by the cooldown.
    • Like x 2
  2. supalova20 Well-Known Player

THANKS BRO...
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

I dont understand the 2nd bullet point. There are only 2 low cost abilities. With all the rest being medium to high cost u have no choice but to use medium/high cost if u wanna pftt. I still cannot understand the whole variety and choice and let people pick what abilities they wanna use but then pigeon hole people into using all the medium and high cost abilities. If ya choose to pftt u are pretty much locked ino 1 loadout, maybe 2.
    • Like x 2
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

I understand what you're saying here. What i dont understand is where is the variety? Where is the u can pick whatever powers u want and be alright and do dmg comparable to others? Remember that being said? I do. Cause it was said multiple times. Its said in the original thread about how this revamp is gonna work. Avair said it iirc. If pftt is locking people into using certain abilities then how is it different from AMs? Maybe im an idiot here and need this explained to me. But i dont see much of a difference in this pftt and AMs. And like ive already said, if you need the PI applicators and the sc generator and sc then u are specifically locked into basically the same loadout if ya choose pftt. And saying u are meant to use 1-2 low cost powers when there is only 2 it means u are stuck using those no matter what. I dont see variety or choice in that.

1 other thing, u say most of the other powers are this way and its the standard. But ya dont say all of are this way. Guessing because u are not sure or dont remember. I dont either. And with the threads being gone id have to go on test to check and compare and i just dont have the time to do that at this exact minute. I will check this weekend tho.
    • Like x 1
  5. L T Devoted Player

Unlike with AM, playing from the tray with the current test build is just one way of dealing damage. There will probably be only one really viable PFTT load out for each power, but there are definitely several viable load outs for Quantum if you want to mix weapons in. Focusing on weapons and weapon mastery is also an option that seems to be shaping up.

The thrust of this effort, from the start, was to return to a focus on the hybrid weapons + powers play style that made the game so popular in the first place. PFTT and weapon focus are more or less secondary to that.
    • Like x 2
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I said all or most because I haven't tried every power. I've only done Mental, Electricity, Quantum and Celestial because those are the powers I'm most familiar with.

With PftT you do have variety, in terms of which high/medium cost powers you can use, but you are correct that only have two low cost spammers is a bit limiting. However, I don't think that when they said "play using what you like" that they ever intended for you to fill up your loadout with just high/medium cost abilities. You're actually better off only having one low cost spam ability in your loadout, and that one would be Inspiral Waves as it does slightly higher damage than Tachyon Blast at the moment. I don't have the head for the the kind of numbers that go into testing "the best" loadouts, so I leave that to the people that are able to do it, because any attempt by me would just be futile. That being said, the revamp is not done yet. There is still time for things to change, which is what this is all for. :)
    • Like x 1
  7. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

The cool down on Time Bomb is still horrendous and you will experience a major kickback if this 6 second cool down hits live. I can guarantee you that.

Also,
    The damage bug activating time bomb was happening at 5 am CST last night ( this morning ).
    No one was on test server except a few of us. I really do not think it's server lag.

With the new changes to Time Bomb & weapons you guys need to be looking for conflicts not trying to pass it off as lag. Set parameters back to the what they were before they were adjusted and I can guarantee you this will stop. Then adjust one at a time to find your conflict.
    • Like x 1
  8. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

As promised I made a video with a small comparison between quantum and atomic and their respective expenses! I did not do it with more powers because of lack of time!
    But see how atomic has much smaller values and greater possibilities for PffT than Quantum.
  9. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

To better back what you are saying I would type ( post ) the individual powers and numbers out here.
    This way the numbers are in black & white with zero chance for plausible deniability.

Make sure you post the numbers side by side.
    • Like x 1
  10. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I figured that only the video would work, but thanks for the suggestion ... I'll see if I do this!;)
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

thank you for help me confirm this as bug. yes, i am also very sure that this is in no way conected to lags. if it would be lags, then the power restore and dammage would arrive with a delay. however: the time bomb completely blocks out any weapon attacks to hit the target for a momment.
    also time bomb should explode emediatly at cap! please devs: show quantum some love ^^
    • Like x 1
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

A lot of the powers in Atomic with 100 base power cost are actually combos, so you need to factor in the combo cost also instead of just taking them at face value. Aside from that some of the powers were also powers that a tank will be using that a DPS won't, such as their pull.
  13. jonnyblack New Player

Dear Game Developers, My name is Jona J. The reason to writing is to report a flaw that i found while using quantum power on the test server; when you use the time bomb power and then perform blaster gloves attacks there is no drag the damage, that on the one hand and I would also make a suggestion as user, consumer and youtube client of your line of video games " DC Universe Online "for quite some time, it makes use of the time bomb this app following the enemies and do not stay static, because when the tank or some other player pull the enemies (Adds) the attack of the bomb Of time is lost, which harms the damage of this power and is seen by other users players as a bad power because they lose a lot of damage. In advance a thousand thanks for your attention and sorry if this message somehow the discomfort or the possibility of some way of being anxious waiting for futures updates
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

would you mind to set your color to white pls? it makes everything easier to read ^^
    • Like x 1
  15. supalova20 Well-Known Player

MEPPS...? for Weapon combos specifically SOLAR FLAME and SCISSOR KICK....since SCISSOR KICK is a longer combo than SOLAR FLARE is SK better for power regen? an which hits harder? or can anybody please answer these 2 questions? need that knowledge
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All posts above this one have been reviewed by the development team.
    • Like x 1
  17. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

This is the live Warped Reality
    [IMG]

This is the test Warped Reality.
    [IMG]

Why was this change not mentioned?

Why did you remove the PI from this?
    Why was the lift & root removed when using weapons if buff is used?
    Why does the live buff tell us what the bonus is and the test does not?

This is another screwed up change.
  18. Moja Developer

Every Weapon Buff from every power set was adjusted in the same way for the Stats Revamp. Since it's a general change you've seen 9 times already, it was included in the note: "All abilities have had their costs, cooldowns, aoe sizes, and throughput rebalanced to Stats Revamp standards"
    • Like x 6
  19. Microwave Well-Known Player

Hi. My initial reaction to quantum tunneling vfx are to leave them the way they are now. I'm having a really hard time seeing where I'm going when it's on, which to me negates a lot of it's purpose.

If I fail to talk you out of changing the visuals, perhaps an animation at the start, and at the end, to indicate the shield duration? Instead of from start to end like it is on test now?
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All posts above this one have been reviewed by the development team.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.