Stats Revamp 1.5: Quantum, Earth, and Celestial

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I mean this might just be semantics, but I don't see anyone saying that complete balance is the aim. I do think there might be some real problems around the messaging of "viable"/ "competitive"/ "niche" etc.

At the end of the day, imo, if all three play styles aren't competitive, there are going to be pitchforks.
  2. Soul Dedicated Player

I never once claimed I'm aware of all statements made, but the only ones I came across indicated every playstyle will be viable to complete content - not competitive with one another.

So if they really did make such claims - I mean, Good luck to them. History is not a good indicator for success in that area.
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Cool, remove the word "complete," it's redundant anyway since there is only one level of balance. Either way I still don't recall them ever saying it.
    • Like x 1
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It depends really on how close the numbers need to be in order to be considered competitive, and those numbers would probably be different for everyone since there are people that are ultra competitive and people that aren't very competitive. As long as there aren't huge gaps in damage potential from one play style to another, then personally I would consider something viable.
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Misquote? I was supporting what you said. :confused:
  6. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Well, vagaries such as "competitive," "viable," "close numbers," and "huge gaps in damage" very much need to be ironed out and clarified with regards to the devs' expectations on the three playstyles. Because we're again getting mixed and unclear messages.
  7. Soul Dedicated Player

Not a misquote, just continuing to clarify things.. ^^'
  8. Soul Dedicated Player

I guess they are a bit unclear.
    It doesn't change the fact you shouldn't expect this kind of balance tho.. whether a statement like that is made or not.
    Just take any phase of this game as reference, or any MMO ever..

I also hope you don't misinterpret what I'm saying like Anxient did, this has nothing to do with personal preference - It's just the harsh reality of game balance. True balance always relies on equal opportunities, something you don't have if you want to keep unique powersets in the game..
  9. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

If we shouldn't expect at least a ballpark of balance (keep in mind, all I'm advocating is that the three play styles be competitive with one another, not for some perfect identical balance among power sets) then why go through with the revamp at all?
  10. Soul Dedicated Player

Because not everyone wants to be competitive?
    Some people would be very happy just playing the way they want to - casually, completing content with any playstyle they choose.

Up until now if you didn't play the optimal way or very close to it - you were unable to complete content. Now, you will be able to play however you like, and complete the content just fine.

Edit: Hence the use of the word "Viable" - Because every playstyle is viable to complete content. Not viable for competitive play.
  11. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Ah, but "completing the content just fine" is yet another vague phrase (I'm seeing a theme in this discussion!).

Don't get hung up on the word "competitive" ;)

I'll say it again, if there are serious discrepancies in damage potential among the three playstyles when/ if the revamp goes live, this will be the death knell of the game.
  12. Soul Dedicated Player

"Serious" is just as vague as any other term used here.
    There will be discrepancies - that is all I can say. Expect them because they are unavoidable.
  13. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I expect, as do many, many other players that the damage potential of one playstyle not be greater than either of the other two.
  14. Soul Dedicated Player

You, and many, many other players, will be dissapointed..

Also, I suggest you get on test and present this feedback in a way it can be worked on. Because right now things on test already reflect what I'm saying. If you want things changed, go record the Dps parsing between playstyles and push for the changes you believe should be made.
  15. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

We'll be disappointed and we'll leave.

I left test out of frustration with the revamp direction and the feeling that I was doing someone's job for them. Also, not a great situation when game time goes toward a timed event.
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Ah ok, I thought it was like an argument or something and I was confused. :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.