Stats Revamp 1.5: Quantum, Earth, and Celestial

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I remember the 3 Troller set up because I was part of one of the groups that helped set it up initially and posted videos using it. I know you hated that time and I loved it so we won't harp on that man.

As for the GoM run you were in. What exactly happened that made it a disaster? Were the DPS, Healer, and Tank bottoming out and crying non-stop about power, was the run successful but you guys utilized 3 Trollers to do so, etc.? I'm just curious is all.
    • Like x 1
  2. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

That's the thing, that would be a problem if power spec'ing actually did damage. I was power spec'ing when revamp first hit test server and pssh 10-13k was good damage with a power spec. But if you ran full might, you could get 17-20 (now even higher slightly). I mean assuming a troll and heal is meh a 8k-9k compared to 10-13k for a dps.
    1 troll - 8.5k
    2 heals - 17k
    4 dps - 11.5*4 = 46k
    71.5k total

compared to
    3 trolls - 25.5
    1 heal - 8.5k
    3 dps (might spec) - 18.5 * 3 = 55.5
    89.5k total

Even if we assume support role damage is higher, 1 troll 2 heal is 3 support roles compared to 4 with 3 dps, and the dps totals are higher. For raid groups, it'd be faster burn if your solo healer is capable. Another limiting factor for the power spec is the fact that your pets nerf the regen. So if you spec into power and you're earth using crystal, using robot sidekick, sorcery using fury, or gadgets using suppressor turret, all 175sp you spec'd into power, all your mods, everything is nerfed.
  3. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

And this is why solo troll'ing being a feat is permanently dead in this game. Controller power management is non-existent unless you try to run out of power on purpose trying to battle troll.
  4. Karasawa Loyal Player

Maybe they should just roll Might and Power into a single stat, lol.
    • Like x 1
  5. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Can we ever do externally? :D When revamp is on test, can we get office hours changed to test server hours where we get to talk with you, spord, moja, and the others? Have a discord discussion or a basic livestream (on a separate twitch channel just for test server so random people don't come in and flood it with questions like when is water, when is stats coming out, when is style unlocking coming out etc. If somehow they sneak in, I would like them timed out to not waste chat space. No offense to other people, but I care a lot more about test server considering outside of the broken mechanics for some powers, it's actually hella fun compared to live and half of those questions aren't even going to get a satisfactory answer for those people. Either that, or creating a temporary Testing Community Council that we vote on of a group of a knowledgeable players that are let into internal conversations over what's going on and what could or can't be changed that can offer insight from a player perspective. Said council would be used anytime we add game changing mechanics such as WM and AM, and we'd have another council or a section of said council for PvP testing and feedback.
    • Like x 1
  6. Soul Dedicated Player

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but.. I think It's important to note.

Content is extremely easy even in Stats Revamp, I'm not sure if there was even an intention to up difficulty or not.. but, just to put things in perspective, this Raid we did here:

We have a tank that's never done the raid, a second troller running around with Dual Pistols meleeing and randomly using powers (None of which seem to be a power dump..), and most Dps are still figuring out optimal loadouts and rotations.

Not only that, but we were now informed NPCs were actually hitting harder than intended.
    And that's a 23 minute run in an end-game raid with all these absurd handicaps.

Any thoughts on that?
    Or should I just leave this alone.
    • Like x 5
  7. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

See that right their is the problem I glad you pointed this out Soul for this game to thrive this has to be nipped in the bud... Players that still play and have interest in returning don't want this easy stuff any longer its down right boring to beat any content with any random players every time you go in it. Then the icing on it is they did the raid in 23mins.... o_O
    • Like x 1
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Our focus will be on making elite content extremely challenging, for those who crave that, while keeping non-elite content generally accessible. That said, there is definitely still some content fine-tuning to be done, so it's great to see that feedback.
    • Like x 1
  9. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Get rid of elite content.

Problem solved.
  10. mexmex Dedicated Player

But do you guys see the problem ther
    But do you guys can't see the problems with this model.

1.- both raids share the loot lock, so you need to pick one to run.
    2.- the rewards dosnt justify the effort/time relation. Ergo most players doesn't care about elite content.
    3.- right now it is very difficult to find a group in LFG chat since people spam the easy one, and didn't care for the elite since they are already burnout of the heavy grind they did, plus there is nothing there for them either except for the hassle.

4.- the content is loosing relevance due to heavy replay very fast, and people walk out the game fast since they finish in a matter of week everything the DLC could offer.
    5.- with the content being that easy, why do we need to farm SP, gear, stats, if at the end of the day all content will be done with minimum requirements
    6.-this mentality is promoting lazy players, and with that we going into a descendent spiral, where the game will have to be each time more and more easy, and with that comes the dumb content which eventually leads to boredom,

I do prefer to have at least three types of raid. One easy, one medium, one hard, that it takes skills and collaboration in between the team not only the difficulty based on stats. No more elite content or maybe just one with special rewards. That will unlocked once you beat all regular content and stayed unlocked each week, you don't need to reward marks just special items if you want.

As it is there is no reason at least for me (no chase scoreboard) to keep progressing in game to max cr. We did already the regular content at 176cr day one, and elite at 179 except god of monster last boss, see not even the elite is elite anymore
    • Like x 1
  11. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

I understand where your coming from if Elite content can be extremely challenging with rewards that match it to make players strive for it the issue we all seem to have is the way it's done why do we have to replay the elite raids for the first time each week while already playing a monthly sub that has to change I can understand rerunning it but to run it the first time for the week to get our fix for harder content we shouldn't have to pay.
  12. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

I can't agree more with a post the players are telling you it's boring stream rolling content.
    A respected player and very good one msg me last night out of no where this is how a lot of the game feels currently just log in and ask them Devs the post of asking what was the most rewarded feats speaks volumes of the content the game needs.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

+1

Truth be told man, I wish we had Optional Clamping that way both sides would be happy with the game.

People high CR rolling new and old content is why I'm not playing my alts for very long. And then there's the tedious content where I'd just want to solo it.
    • Like x 1
  14. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Right man, those inner runs use to be really fun
  15. supalova20 Well-Known Player

HARD RAIDS FOR LIFE....I DONT WANT NO COOKIE CUTTER STUPID FAST BURN...I WANT A DRAGGED OUT JUSTICE LEAGUE BRAWL THAT LEAVES ME SCREAMING "GOTDAM THAT WAS A FIGHT BRO! BRINT IT!" i crave that superhero adrenaline action....nothing like a team that works together.....
    • Like x 2
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

A little over done on the caps but I agree. I like fun, engaging content. It makes me want​ to come back and play it again with a different strategy or set up. Experimenting and discovery is what creates longevity for games and peaks interest level​s.
    • Like x 4
  17. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

This^ is why I don't get folks that push for one playstyle to be superior to everything else in-game.

After all it's like they say.. "Variety is the spice of Life"

Kudo's to you for saying that+1.
  18. Soul Dedicated Player

We should push for variety, but also accept reality.. at the end of the day there will inevitably only be one optimal playstyle..
    The goal should be viable diversity to a certain standard, such as beating content of certain difficulty. (Normal as opposed to Elite raids, or other parameters if such become relevant.)

If people here actually expect the Devs to create a balance scale where each powerset can compete with another using every single variation the powerset offers, and after that match it to different play-styles like Hybrid/PFtT.. they'll be sorely disappointed.

I just hope everyone understands that the end result here should be something like:
    "You can complete content the way you see fit, and/or enjoy. However, for optimal performance - this loadout/rotation is it."

I'm not saying this to be a "party pooper".. It's just the limits of what you can achieve in an MMO..
  19. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

You're pretty close but I don't agree completely. I think there will be two types of builds: FOTM builds that are easy to play and generally perform well in a variety of settings, and customized builds that specialize for certain situations and perform better than FOTM in those.

For example, FOTM DPS builds won't usually be single target because that's just bad 90% of the time, but there will be an optimized single target build outperforming the FOTM build in single target situations. You can make it even more niche and optimize for individual pieces of content but that takes a lot of knowledge, effort and time that most won't want because the FOTM already goes 90% of the way.
    So obviously there will be min-maxed and copy-paste builds but unlike the AM system, in the revamp there will be a lot of room to specialize and come up with alternatives.

And that's not a bad thing. If any possible build would perform equally that would be very bad because then there would be zero reward for knowledge and effort, just like there's no reward when there is only one single premade AM build right now. A healthy meta has good, bad and average builds.
  20. Soul Dedicated Player

"FOTM" used to refer to a power-set/AM that is over preforming previously.. so I think that's a bit misleading to put it that way.

If you're arguing Stats Revamp should aim at "Situational Builds", as in a loadout/rotation that specializes in single target or AoE.. Well, it might end up that way, but ultimately AoE will remain the Meta unless they change the concept behind their content release.. Maybe if we start seeing content tailored to more boss fights less adds.. (SM)

Anyways I think we generally agree.. or that's the impression I got - that we should remain realistic regarding Viable & Optimal options.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.