Stats Revamp 1.5: Quantum, Earth, and Celestial

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

No, I was only testing for WM combos and the common one's I knew. I've never seen someone dps with fist slam spam but I can get numbers for it real quick.
  2. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

HANDBLASTERS
    -ARROW FLING - 9.862
    -EXPLOSIVE SHOT - 10.401
    -HAYMAKER - 11.511
    -GROUND POUND - 11.641

Fist Slam got me 9.618 @ 26.9% crit chace and 8.914 @ 17.9% crit for single target.
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Thanks for checking that. Fist Slam was working well in 1.4 in scenarios where you wanted to do a lot of clipping with burst powers that had short/medium cooldowns. It probably still works well for that scenario, but there is a better payoff for using the longer combos right now.
  4. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

When can you hop on test? I know you do gadgets testing and I wanted you to test prec gadgets using rifle tap hold hold into the 1h cleave. I was getting 35-38 i think yesterday for 3 targets but I guessed on a basic PI loadout since I haven't fully tested what hits hard and where with gadgets yet.I'm lagging right now so I can't parse but assuming you're fine I can log into my bots and give you enough power to do 60s reads easily.
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

If your playing hybrid without clipping weapon attacks thats going to be some sad dps not to mention how awkward it would be to do and clipping weapon attacks isn't a exploit nor do we need to take anything else into account for it in the balancing process.
  6. BumblingB I got better.

@Avair
    There seems to be consistency with feedback in every iteration of this revamp. The one theme is "Power". This is not a "lower power costs" or "bring back a power mechanic", but a cautionary response.

One of the reasons why that you are removing AM damage is because of accessibility for newer or general players. Since in a lot of cases, it was too complex for players to manage and be able to keep up with the other players who were using the AMs to their full potential. So why are we forcing another thing that would be just as confusing if not more confusing? A player like me, is capable of understanding what 100 200 and 300 means when we look at it. We are capable of knowing that more power means more powers and faster regen. But we also are very active in acquiring knowledge by going to the forums, test server, or #ask-dcuo.

So why are you trying to force a new stat? When I started the game, I didn't even understand what passive stats were in the weapon trees. Sure, now we have a stat tree, but it still doesn't change the fact we now have something that was completely ignored before suddenly be the required thing. This just confuses everyone and asserts a new paradigm that will confuse players and cause problems. We players are jerks and would still do the same terrible things as we did when AMs were king.

I ran GoM on test yesterday and I can safely say, there really are players that don't quite understand fundamentals.

I would love a discussion on how to fix this issue. I feel that we need something to make power not so forced, but something you can achieve without having to go against our intuitive views. I mean, you did adjust what we get based on how many points we put in on specific thresholds up to 100.

Why not just remove the stat point one and add it on each other stat. So if you purchase Might, you also get power. If you purchase Dominance, you get power. And so on. This would help players with the average skill points manage as well as not try to confuse the players. It would also help not abuse the controllers. Hearing people discuss 2-3 controllers just gives me flashbacks of T5 time. That's not fun.

I really do see players, when this hits live, get completely confused and frustrated that what they had thought initially is useless to them now.
    • Like x 1
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I should be able to hop on Test in about 2 hours.
  8. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Aiight, I'll leave the forums up in the meantime, Ima hop on Wildlands and just check for a reply ever so often.
  9. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

We need proper tutorials in this game,with voice acting and all the cool stuff.
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Would that fix it? My idea and your idea are both holding hands, but at least mine would be cheaper and less time consuming to implement.

I do love the idea of tutorials though. :)
    • Like x 1
  11. Avair Administrator

I understand your point of view and this has come up multiple times internally. We are not taking action on this right now, but during the time period when all power sets are on test together we will be taking a more in depth look at this mechanic. It is definitely on our radar and we do not want the mechanic to be forced or confusing.

Thanks for the feedback!
    • Like x 1
  12. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

I honestly like the fact might powers require you to spec into power requiring more skill point's it will create a distance between players who aim for skill points then players who don't at @bumbling they have to learn man you can't hands anymore.
    • Like x 1
  13. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

I understand the issue they see but if it's removed a point has to be made to reward players some how with higher skill point's, if you don't then it's repeating a issue we have now that turned a lot players off feeling like their time was wasted. My youtube channel and others, have much more feedback on this same matter then the forums offer and players are content with the direction you guys have going with requiring more skills to be stronger give those players a chance to show you all that. If a person has more skill points then some aspects of the game should be easier like managing your power if you having issues then take some time off from replaying duos, alerts and raids and work on improving your skill points, it will get more players to work as a team to reach goals something thats been missing for awhile.

• Like x 2
  14. BumblingB I got better.

I appreciate the response and consideration.
  15. BumblingB I got better.

That only goes so far. We've seen quite a bit of changes to help that group of players, from the ship tutorial to removing AMs. All we consider easy and 2nd nature, but they still changed them.

Edit: I know where you are coming from, rewarding the players that invested into the game for the amount of skill points we have. Removing the power stat and putting it into other stats would still reward those players, btw. Especially if you want to get a secondary stat that would help you in your role, like health, dom and defense for tanks as an example.
    • Like x 2
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Invite "Rifleman" to a group whenever you check back in.
    • Like x 2
  17. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

I see your side I really do I even considered the idea of Wm being a starter level of dealing damage for players that have lower skill points, Hybrid being mid tier and might requiring more skill points for sustain to be the higher tier of dpsing. Just something has to be done to encourage players to once again know if you want to do more you have to focus on getting your skill points higher.
  18. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

The sense of progression is very important on MMO´s. If u dont give that to the players who have invested time and effort into their characters you guys at Daybreak risk to lose the interest of those players, since there will be no incentive to invest into your character at all.
  19. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

I understand what your saying and dont disagree with the exception of the solution to the problem. your solution seems to be a push to make skill point less wanted then they are now we need to push for an incentive for earning skill points not the opposite. If we want to keep in mind the new players or average players then they should implement a skillpoint specing tutorial in-game to kill the confusion. My next thought instead of abolishing power as a stat and adding to base stats such as dom, might, prec ect.. keep power there and increase the effectiveness of the skill points you put in the tree so for those players who have fewer than 240 skill points they are still able to run play from the tray(since everyone seems to want to) so long as they have a troll in the group.
  20. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Exactly man people want to relate to their chars and see the work they put in mean something when a mmo loses sight of that we have what we have on live people log in replay stuff then log off because it's not fun and it's a chore.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.