Stats Revamp 1.5: Iconic Abilities

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

Yea, they don't give power back anymore and I haven't tried Neo-Venom Boost for tanking yet; I've mainly been trying out Amazonium Deflection for tanking and let me say, it's found its place among my Earth Tanking Loadout.
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...amp-1-5-iconic-abilities.285525/#post-3928050
    I haven't tried using it for tanking yet, but the defense boost is very noticeable.
    • Like x 2
  3. Soul Dedicated Player

4. IamINC Dedicated Player

I feel the same in regard to heat vision and fire dps
  5. Aggro Well-Known Player

What I don't understand is why change the cone range? Live was great. I also noticed most cone powers across all powers and iconic's powers have the same issue. Narrow too direct, sometimes hits sometimes doesn't if not at all.
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I've been trying out the Iconic powers in "real fighting conditions." Here are some thoughts on a few of the powers:

Batarang Multishot
    The cooldown on this is a bit too long to fit comfortably into a lot of the melee rotations I was testing in solo/duo content.

Freezing Breath
    12 second cooldown is too long to make this work as a general purpose PI applicator for several situations.

Gag Glove
    For solo/duo content, it was almost impossible to reliably setup the Dazed PI on a mob group due to the tight cone. For most solo/duo mob situations, the mob group is going to surround you and fight at varying distances. Gag Glove just doesn't work well for these types of situations.

Pheromone Bloom
    Can you get rid of the small HoT ticks and roll them into the initial big healing tick? That might make this power more useful. In my CR 174 Controller gear, the big tick was a 2100 - 3200 heal. The small ticks were 28 to 40. Those small ticks aren't very useful when you have 20k+ health. As is, I don't see much reason to use this supercharge.

Robot Sidekick
    Biggest problem I've run into is that it keeps blowing up at random times. I haven't figured out what's going on yet.

Sonic Shout
    This power just needs something else to make it worth using. You have to be at mid-range or closer to use the Shout , you are vulnerable during the lengthy cast animation, and it appears to have been balanced as a ranged power. Also, the cooldown time is too long in my opinion.

Word of Power
    This doesn't seem to be worth using if you're a Controller. It does 6 ticks of power return and each power tick is less than what you'd get from auto-pot. At 14490 Vitalization, auto-pot was doing ~400 per tick. Word of Power was doing 300 per tick. It doesn't return power to pets either anymore.
    • Like x 4
  7. Deathmike Devoted Player

Did they remove the hit-cap on Hard Light Shield?
    I know they removed it for rage's Redirected Rage, hoping they did the same to HLS.

And how does blocking affect defense now? Does anybody know?

Deathmike out.
    • Like x 1
  8. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Ridiculous. I've used word of power on my gadgets build since 2011; it was always a good "reset" when power started to bottom out across the board - gave me a chance to pull things back on track.

It's looking more and more like I'll have to switch to quantum if I want to keep trolling and maintain some semblance of my character theme. That assumes that its power return supercharge fares any better than what they've done to word of power.
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

All of the group power heal supercharges are about the same at the moment. Gadgets Battle Drone is buggy and may not return power at times.

Power return from group power heal supercharges is one aspect of the Revamp that I hope is revisited before it goes live.
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Update from Today's Hotfix:
    Now that Battle Drone is working properly, here is a comparison between the two at 16863 Vitality with one cast each:

Word of Power:
    521 (crit)

Battle Drone:

I think it is easy to see which one is the winner here. Word of Power does half the number of ticks and each tick does half the power return of a normal Controller group power heal supercharge tick.
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Hard Light Shield is really nice now:
    300 base power cost
    12 second duration
    30 second cooldown
    107.9% shield modifier

With those types of stats, Hard Light Shield is going to be very useful for about anyone.
    • Like x 2
  12. IamINC Dedicated Player

Really good work on the above two things (SC and HLS) , very nice to see HL shield viable again , shame I can't test as my Laptop is screwed atm.
  13. EconoKnight XIII Legion

And in feat attempts where you can't have pets out, battle drone is useless. I point that out because a feat attempt is usually where you need the extra power.
  14. L T Devoted Player

Traditionally, battle drone was like an extra POT (roughly) over its duration. The other troll supercharges delivered power in larger bursts over less time. Unless the other supercharges have been changed to be more like Battle Drone, I'm thinking Word of Power is returning less than 1/4 the power of a normal troll supercharge.

I know the jist of things is to make power very important, but it doesn't seem useful at all. If you're wearing DPS gear there would be virtually no power return at all.
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

@EconoKnight
    Have you played Controller recently on Test in a raid setting under StatsRevamp rules? If not, I suggest trying it. What you'll quickly observe is that power is always a problem under StatsRevamp. I think you'll find the rate of party power consumption to be surprising.

For StatsRevamp, my experience has been that Controllers need to focus on group power healing and debuffing. That means using your power dump every 1.5 seconds and building SC as quickly as possible so your group power heal supercharge is constantly being used.

With the current status of the StatsRevamp, crowd-control isn't as effective as people hoped it would be. If you're able to control a raid mob group in a raid, that's nice. I wouldn't count on it being your primary duty though.

To that end, Controllers should avoid using Word of Power. Word of Power is doing 1/4 the power return of a normal Controller group power heal supercharge.
    • Like x 2
  16. Soul Dedicated Player

I came to an identical conclusion, this is how I put it:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/controllers-in-stats-revamp.285579/
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

The current Live version of Battle Drone is very nice. It works like an extra PoT tick for a specific duration and then provides a big power return when it blows up. The Live version returns the most power of any Controller supercharge in the game. The revamped version of Battle Drone has been neutered in comparison, but that's a different topic.

I'm thinking that all of the Controller group power heal supercharges are working about the same way now. They provide 12 power ticks in about the same tick range. Here is a cast of Quantum's Event Horizon at 16863 Vitality:
    1000 (crit)
    508 (power bar was full by then)

Compare that to Word of Power which does half the number of ticks and does half the power return per tick.

I figure Word of Power is setup this way since anyone can use it and group power healing is supposed to be the Controller's job. Even if I had a free loadout spot on a DPS loadout though, I wouldn't use it. The power return is going to be terrible.
  18. Soul Dedicated Player

What about Movement Mode SCs? Vacuum Bubble, Speed Drain and Backflip Attack?

Someone here said they no longer give Pets power, but do they give out power at all? (The description on test remains unchanged) if they do, what do the numbers look like?
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

The group power heal components were removed in late January:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...acrobatics-backflip-attack-supercharge.283914

Testing Vacuum Bubble again, I'm not seeing any power return.
  20. Soul Dedicated Player

Descriptions need to be looked at than, they're still misleading.

Thank you!

P.S: The reason Backflip was made a SC initially, wasn't because of stream lining Power SCs between movement modes, as far as I remember it started with it applying Dodge, Idk if it still does it, but it's unfair from a PvP perspective if only one movement mode gets an ability that applies Dodge.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.