Stats Revamp 1.5: Iconic Abilities

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FiressDraygen Well-Known Player

So then it wouldn't be a good combination if thats the case. My thinking was "Oh! Someone is dead. Here, let me just teleport into you with 6 full seconds of invincibility. Then have another Quantum Tunnelling to teleport out of harms way"
  2. L T Devoted Player

That's exactly the point. As they are they're cool powers but you wouldn't want to use them all the time. If they became supercharges they'd do stronger damage. You'd be more limited as to when you could use it... but you'd wind up using it more, because it would be more useful when it was available to use. For heat vision, making it a finisher would be an option-- but that would mean doubling the power cost to 200 to match all the other finishers. Frost breath is a cone though, so I don't think that would work for a finisher.
    • Like x 1
  3. L T Devoted Player

Not an iconic ability, but Low Pressure seems to be a mid-range 360 degree pull instead of a max range cone. Personally, I'd rather see it get reduced to a 100 power cost max range pull again.
    • Like x 1
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It was definitely a good idea on something to test, but if it did work it would probably have been a bit overpowered. :p
    • Like x 1
  5. spack2k Steadfast Player

plz consider making all channel abilities mobile.
    • Like x 5
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This thread makes me happy, assuming we get as many of these changes and more as possible. Make Iconic Powers a viable play style and an excellent supplement! They're so basic to super-heroing!

This entirely includes making entirely movement mode powers, or almost entirely, viable play-styles. True super-speeders and acrobats need to be able to play just that way. Fliers could have much improved creatively with super-strength-based moves, but also should be viable on their own, a la Hawkman/Hawkgirl.
    • Like x 2
  7. Grim931 Committed Player

That's a good point, I would probably vote for Heat Vision as a finisher and Frost Breath as a SC, that way we would have at least one of each if someone wanted to have a superman build.

I'm really happy they are finally doing something about this tree. It almost gives me hope that this game is getting on the right track in terms of giving people the option to play how they want to play.
    • Like x 2
  8. Aggro Well-Known Player

Gag Glove cone effect is now smaller, please change it back to live cone range. It's too direct. Missing targets.
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I agree with this statement. I was finding Gag Glove difficult to use as a PI applicator in real combat situations because of its narrow cone. I was better off using consumables/other powers to setup the Dazed power interaction. Expanding the cone would greatly improve its utility.
    • Like x 2
  10. Rokyn Dedicated Player

I have an excellent suggestion for Heat Vision...why not make it into a 35% and under finisher? Every power has one and now people can access another viable one with HV.
    • Like x 8
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

i would be all for it, but: if it would be a finisher, then it would be the only one that has a dot (from burning) applied...
    just saying... however: there are some finishers with benefit from PI. and there are some without that advantage...
  12. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Add more iconics please.
    • Like x 2
  13. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Suggestion for X-Ray Vision: When this power is active, lines of sight are not blocked.

That way my Healer can heal me on the other side of the wall. ;)
    • Like x 9
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Your healer can heal through their eyes? :eek:
    • Like x 2
  15. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

Lol. This could be interesting.
    (I would do an emoji with the tongue sticking out but I'm on my phone).
  16. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Does Word of power restore power to pets now or is it still just to players like at Live?

And does Hard light shield and Neo Venom have reasonable cooldowns now and how much? thx in advance.
  17. L T Devoted Player

The above post is what I would consider a legitimate post here by a non-tester-- it's more than OK to ask specific questions or remind those of us who log into test to look at certain things.

Answers:
    • No, Word of Power does not restore power to pets. Tested with Crystal on Shades mission.
    • HL Shield lasts for about 6 seconds and has a 30 second cool down.
    • Neo Venom has about a 45 second cool down-- but it's a 50% supercharge now, and very very strong.
    There are other posters in this thread who clearly haven't logged into the test server and are just spouting opinions. Just a friendly reminder that, while your opinions may have value, they have no place in this thread. Honestly the test environment is really very different from live and unless you've experienced it you should suspend judgment.

To virtually ALL the other testers in this thread: just a friendly reminder not to feed the trolls.
    • Like x 1
  18. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

Neo-Venom Boost is AWESOME!!! I have it in my Earth Loadout and it boosts my damage out to about 27k to 30k per second. it has a cooldown of 45 seconds and costs 1,000 supercharge so it's not too terribly expensive. The damage boost lasts for 15 seconds and it applies the damage boost to both abilities and weapons. I haven't tried out Word of Power yet although I've been trying to remember, if it could power my crystal that might be something I can invest into. Although Crystal seems to not deal as much damage as sorcery's fury so I don't know if it's worth it quite yet if your an earth player, but earth does need some more tweaks so Crystal might get her damage boosted soon. If your a sorcery player go ahead and give it a try. Hard Light Shield's cooldown is relatively long still and if you're something like Ice it's not worth it, although in my Earth Tank Loadout I have Amazonium Reflection which is a really nice block and shield so it benefits from two different tactical mods as a bonus. Also as someone else stated it would be interesting to try out Amazonium Reflection in DWF against Darkseid's Omega Beam.
  19. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

Just saw this after I posted my well thought out post lol.
  20. Soul Dedicated Player

NVB originally had defensive traits too, did anyone test to see if its viable for tanking? any Defense bonuses worth mentioning?

Also, your movement mode SCs (Perfect Poise, Speed Drain, Vacuum Bubble) should give your pets power back unless they were changed without my knowing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.