Stats Revamp 1.5: Iconic Abilities

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblingB I got better.

How is it's damage compared to Crystal and Fury? Does it regen it's own power well?

As for gag glove what is its cooldown and does it work well with vortex cannon? Not gonna get too much testing this weekend unfortunately.
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    This is a strange one. I kept getting "Invalid Tactic Ability" error when trying to update my loadout:

What happened is that I was all of the Iconic abilities and went to respec. After respeccing, I only had one SP invested in Supersonic Flight and had the basic Handblaster attacks specced. I then logged off for about 30 minutes. When I logged back in, I noticed Robot Sidekick and Gag Glove were on my loadout bar - even though I wasn't specced into them. If I tried to put them on my bar, I got the error message from above. I relogged again after that and those two powers disappeared from my loadout options screen.
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Robot Sidekick's damage output is in-line with other powers like Swarm, Suppressor Turret, and trinket pets. It regenned power when out of combat. It looks like all of the temporary pets received a bit of a damage buff in 1.5.

Gag Glove
    Gag Glove has a cooldown time of 3 seconds.

Have you read the patch notes for Gadgets? The knockdown was removed Vortex Cannon and the damage output increased while in damage role. So, this is how well they work together:

Vortex Cannon #1 (No PI): 4176 to 4544 damage on 3 enemies
    Vortex Cannon #2 (No PI): 4275 to 4570 damage on 3 enemies
    Gag Glove: 3109 to 3262 damage on 3 enemies
    Vortex Cannon #3 (with PI): 4588 to 4948 damage on 3 enemies

For StatsRevamp, Gag Glove has no stun effect in Damage or Controller role. It just has a knockback effect.

If you are running the two in conjunction, there is a chance you may push enemies out of Vortex Cannon range with Gag Glove in small-group content. It shouldn't be a problem in large-group content.
    • Like x 1
  4. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Hello!
    Please, where is the super strength?
    Why did you take her?
    She was by far the power that was most waiting for you and you took away?
    Do not do this I love DCUO so!
    Finally I could buy with skill points and my characters could have this power to lift things and you took?
    Why my God?!
    Because?!
    Do not do this I love DCUO so!:eek:
  5. Pyrometers Active Player

Do Amazon deflection suppose to stop all damage are absorb a certain percent of damage and if its working as intended is thats why hardlight shield cooldown is at 30 sec?
  6. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

It was kind of useless in combat. All it let you do was do more damage with thrown objects and lift bigger objects.
  7. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Not everything is "combat" in this game! If it were this we would not have requests and requests for styles and styles!
    I did not care for damage. He is part of the personification of my characters!
    In many cases I would stop having rotations or certain powers just to have the super force !!
    And I still do it!
    I'm already disheartened with the game, and I say, taking it away is something that probably makes me rethink whether I continue playing or not ...o_O
    • Like x 1
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I'm starting to think Amazonian Deflection blocks all damage until the power ends or you are interrupted. Wearing Damage role gear, I've been able to absorb up to 26447 damage before the power went on cooldown. Using a breakout trinket before casting Amazonian Deflection helps out a lot.
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Just tested out Amazonian Deflection with Rage Crash and it absorbs the crash damage, effectively cancelling it. I know Penryn is working on checking if there is a cap to how much damage the Deflection can absorb, but if there isn't and this is intended then it could be a very useful ability to use for Rage tanks.
    • Like x 4
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I haven't found a damage cap for Amazonian Deflection yet. I was even able to completely block Kalibak's 13k Theta Ray attack in Will of Darkseid using Amazonian Deflection. As long as you can take one hit and Deflection is active, you'll absorb all incoming damage. That's been my observation so far.
    • Like x 3
  11. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Has anyone tried Amazonian Deflection in DWF with the Omega Beams?
  12. Swiftduck Loyal Player

wasn't this ability removed in favor of putting weaponization into skill points?

So in theory everyone should be able to lift everything now.
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

one thing about iconics:
    theyr cooldowns are waaay to long. look at the hardlight shield: 30 seconds cooldown?
    bringing them in line with other powers in power cost and cooldowns is not bad anymore:
    YOU DONT HAVE TREES YOU NEED TO PUT POWER POINTS INTO ANYMORE.
    thats why it is ok now to make iconics usable and practicle in every loadout you want.
    please, make iconics viable!!!

sonic shout and sonic cry should have a power interaction like flights low/high pressure!

amazonian reflection: 30 seconds is a joke... common, you could at least make it 18...

hardlight shield: 30 seconds CD while only about 6 seconds activated... :confused::mad::eek:

cold breath: it lacks the mobility of arctic gust or avalanche. if at least the cooldown
    would allow for it to get reactivated the momment is is over, that would be nice...

heat vision: basicly the same of above, looking at flame cascade of fire...
    i mean: those could be great alternatives for fire and ice, but they lack in mobility,
    power consumption, cooldowns... i think they look to awesum to get wasted like this!

neo venom is now an SC, wich is good, but it works only for around 15 sec while CD is 45...
    thats way too long when thinking on my SC gets filled up faster as i can use it!!!!
    also: despite it is still very usable the way it is,
    NEO VENOM is a MUST HAVE for every WEAPON ONLY playstyle.
    so please reduce its cooldown. COOLDOWNS PREVENT AWESOMNESS!!!
    • Like x 3
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

:eek:
    • Like x 1
  15. Aggro Well-Known Player

Gagblove is more directly at 1 add and not a cone like on live server, it's not just happening to the iconic aoe powers but powers in gerenal, mostly all cone base powers sometimes hit or miss the 3 targets but with Gagblove the window is a lot smaller.
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

• Like x 2
  17. Moja Developer

Hardlight shield's cooldown was decreased from 40s to 30s. It is not intended to replace "primary" shields innate to the power sets, but rather to supplement them if needed.

Amazonian Deflection has a cap, but it's very high - higher than other shields (to account for the 6s "channel" time of the ability). For comparison, it should absorb about 2.3x as much damage as Winter Ward.

Legends characters have their own independent set of balance guidelines that should remain mostly untouched by the Stats Revamp

Super Strength will return :)
    • Like x 3
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

im thrilled ^^

QUESTION: word of power
    my guess is that the power heal ticks are working like a troll super charge, increasing power heal by vitalization and power heal crits?
    or is it different for dps, meaning when raising power pool i also raise the power replenishing value of the word of power?

may not belong to iconics, yet: what about flight SC's power back mechanics? are they gone for good? would be awesum to have said in every movement, at least i dont see any power recharging SC in the flight tree, wich is... sad!
  19. BumblingB I got better.

Is this intended for all iconics? Having a lesser used iconic power was the reason they were ignored in the first place. I feel that it would be better to have them on par with power set based powers so if they wanted to, they could replace them.

That could be me, but I feel that Batarang and Throwing Knives should be just as viable as Gauss Grenade and Cryofoam.
    • Like x 7
  20. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Iconic powers should be just as strong as any of the powers within in any power set and be able to stand by themselves if players choose to do so. If not, then the player base will not use them. You can get on the live server right now and verify this.

That then brings me to this question that I have for you and Jackster?

Why go through the effort to do anything to these Iconic powers if they are not going to be used by the player base?
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.