Stats Revamp 1.5: Earth

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

lowkey, I just watched the first minute and it was looking epic/fun af while the adds were cc'd....but then you got chunked for half health and I was like welp, that's not reliable lol
  2. Xibo Loyal Player

What's was your rotation? Thanks.
  3. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

I'll post a short video in a bit. Eating breakfast right now. Has 1 repair bot clip as a side note.
    • Like x 1
  4. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

For some reason I didn't see the buffs under the effects tab. When I use my powers I don't even get the shield symbol. I think we should get some sort of visual cue that stone skin is active. Either way I still feel like adds can go through me like a hot knife through butter sometimes. Why would they remove absorption.
  5. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Well it seems like that the new defense is working like absorption....but I don't know, man. I kinda prefer the flyby text letting me know that I'm mitigating damage by 50%. It seems to me that absorption feels stronger for some reason.
  6. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Maybe it is a placebo affect on us. I was 166 cr tanking the dcuo so that def had something to do with my squishiness lol
  7. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Quick video comparing jackhammer to upheaval. Knew something was off from when I switched them in my rotation and lost like 2-4k on my reads. Not an earth main but I'll say the following for anyone who is debating how to fix this *assuming there isn't some special trick to jackhammer spam to increase it's dps, I'm assuming restarting the combo actually slows down the dps since you have to jump again.*
    - If upheaval is nerfed to be weaker than jackhammer, range and melee damage will be weaker than elec, hl, atomic, and rage instead of basically tying with atomic and only losing to rage. (sorc, mental, ice etc. 3 target untested*)
    - If jackhammer is buffed, a part of me wants to say they'll increase the power cost which affects tanking or remove the cc from it which also affects tanking.

P.S. - I've hit 44-48k as earth for 30s reads which puts it right at where rage melee dps is at, but I'm out of power so rage is better damage per power cost so far but the potential is there for earth if you were to run like say 3 trolls.
  8. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Is that just the base damage ? Have you tested it after dazing ? I am curious if the damage multipliers may be different for each power.
  9. Xibo Loyal Player

Certainly, this will happen. Jackhammer buffed and Upheaval nerfed.
  10. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

The PI bonus is supposed to be 10% more damage if I remember right but with debris field that's not the case so I'll test and see if jackhammer has a special pi bonus that upheaval doesn't have.
  11. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Just tested, even with unstoppable I can only get 22-22.3k. Not seeing a special PI bonus.
    • Like x 1
  12. Xibo Loyal Player

Excellent. Agree 100%.

Only a bit commentary: Earth needs a low cost Dazed PI applicator AoE.
  13. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

*written out rotation*
    -totem-
    hb solar
    - rumble clip unstoppable-
    hb solar
    -debris field clip repair bot jump cancel upheaval-
    -upheaval 3x combo clipped with tec. break-
    hb solar
    -rumble clip unstoppable-
    hb solar
    -upheaval 3x combo clipped with tec. break-
    hb solar
    -debris field clip repair bot jump cancel rumble clip unstoppable-

NOTES:
    - the last triple/quadra clip is situational depending on the the cooldowns as shown in the video. Sometimes I"ll go back to upheaval after the jump cancel or hit tec. break if the cooldown isn't there and I don't care about hitting the supercharge regen off cooldown.
    - Rumble and Tec on the same loadout is optional. I've ran with only 1 of them and still gotten similar damage which leaves a space open for a supercharge. Reason for both is for when i clip 1 with upheaval and then do hb solar, the same ability will be on cooldown still if I want to clip unstoppable off cooldown. If you run 1 you can only hit it every other'ish if I remember right.

• Like x 1
  14. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

It does, Pebble Blast is a low cost Dazing PI applicator.

It's single target, but it'll have to suffice. Same thing with Earthen-Grip if you need a low cost crushing PI applicator.
  15. farm3rb0b Committed Player

I've never been a great deeps, so I still need to do some testing there. The overall feel is...better, I guess. I feel more in control and less reliant on a pet. I'm interested in trying more options without Crystal because...meh pets. But I think this is definitely a power that is going to rely on speccing into Power. Even doing a complete weapon combo between most powers, I couldn't find anything on the crush or daze side that allowed for multiple rotations.

The dazing side of things leaves a lot to be desired. Do the supercharge generators increase SC just on activation? Or does it have to hit a target? Because as a PBAoE, it would be seriously situational. It makes a lot of sense in a build with things like Jackhammer and Localized Tremor. The cooldowns one these are little awkward to try to place them together, but it's not terrible. It's actually a lot of fun to jump in there and go to town and I can see this being the type of build to use once you're geared up and rerunning content for marks and enjoyment.

Trying to replace Jackhammer with Upheaval for a more ranged/safe loadout was difficult. Your Daze starters that hit from range are all single target. Tectonic Break is a middle ground option but is awfully expensive. At this point you're mostly left to Tectonic/Debris Field/Upheaval as your power hitters, throw in a reinforce to try to aide on damage while you use your weapon. The power cost was a nightmare, but, in the power's defense, I did not spec into power first to get a baseline of what I was working with.

On the Tanking side of things, I think Rokyn covered things nicely. I too am confused on what the perk is here. Earth has always been really solid on boss fights. It does really well at absorbing damage and giving healers time to top them off between big hits. Adds have always been an issue. With solid damage coming in all the time like that, Earth is reliant on blocking and healing. They cannot mitigate enough on their own. This still seems to be the case.

Based solely on descriptions, what is the benefit of aftershocks? It seems like I still only get that extra 50% defense boost. Is absorbtion still happening? Is duration increased?
  16. JohnnyDWellens Level 30

Alright here is my suggestion. Remove Entomb. The power is pointless in my opinion.

If there's one power that benefits from having a supercharge that makes you a giant monster, it's Earth. It's powerset is already based on summoning golems. Why not have a Tank supercharge that gives you huge rock armor like Ice Elemental. It's okay, I think, for some powers to have duplicates of others. And honestly, a "ROCK ELEMENTAL" fits with the power.

And if everyone is opposed to copying Ice Elemental then I say change Entomb to "Summon Giant Golems" where it summons 2 - 3 Giant Golems that act alongside Brick in absorbing a percentage of your damage. Make the defense/absorption equivalent to when an Ice Tank is in Ice Elemental. This is my personal preference as the idea of summoning golems is my favorite part of Earth.
    • Like x 5
  17. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Could it be that JH is not meant to be used continuously? A loadout I tested pretty much used Unstoppable JH and MA combos that were canceled with either power and then Earth Quake when it was ready.
  18. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

WHat if we summoned a giant golem that looks like the Sunstone Dudes from FoS as A supercharge?
    • Like x 1
  19. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Pebble Blast should daze close groups of enemies
  20. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Well, let's go:
    I liked many things on earth, but contrary to what many have said, I did not find it so wonderful.
    In my view the power expenditures are very high! Exaggerated in reality!
    The best option I found was to use the earth as a weapon DPS with the crystal!
    This is an effective form that destroys everything!
    In addition to maintaining its power.
    The PffT was not enough!
    Unlike other powers, the expense is enormous, and I have to keep up with weapons ... What did not satisfy me ...
    So the Earth was perfect for a power to use as only guns!

Rumblecrush
    Because now that power is finally being changed, do not you go back with the old Rumblecrush?
    As I have spoken several times on various topics, why not put the two attacks? The old one where a huge stone is raised and this new one that the stone falls from the sky?
    Just like they did with the fire meteor? Where instead of taking one and removing the other, did they simply add the two?
    Please add the old one! Many players loved that move! Outside it is perfect for many of our characters ...

TANK:
    The noise of the brick is unbearable!
    That buzzing all the time gets in the way and a lot to focus on the game ...
    Earthen Grip:
    Finally now it pulls more than one character, but still has some errors:
    1 The coverage area is too short! With this she ends up pulling a few enemies!
    2 He still continues to leave some characters in place instead of pulling! They just stand rather than be pulled ...

Overall I liked the changes, but I believe it is necessary to arrange certain things so that the ground tank can be really usual and strong in the game.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.