Stats Revamp 1.4 - Rage Feedback

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trexlight Devoted Player

Thats.....a weird question to ask and I feel you asked out of haste.

My loadout for Tanking on Test (which are found in my videos I released).:
    E. Chain, Remorseless Recovery, Ragebringer, Severe Punishment, Ire, Ferocity

As you can see, I not only have my Single Target pull but also my Multi Target pull which I may switch out to Without Mercy so I dont pull too many adds since Without Mercy is a Mid-Range pull and Ragebringer is a Long Range pull.

Also please note, Outrage, Revenge, E. Chain, and Dreadful Blast are Rage Combos that Cancel the Rage Crash while also E. Chain serves as a Single Target Pull so there's a 2 in one right there. Plasma Retch also cancels the Rage Crash but thats not much use in a Tank Loadout.

And Taunting comes from using an ability near them or to them so as long as you are in Tank Role and use an ability, they will be taunted.
  2. SasquaT Dedicated Player

You know im talking about single pull /Taunts not about E. Chain which is only rage crash cancel in this loadsout with 6 sec coldown.
    How u gona separate bosses with E.Chain i mean good luck with that .
    Like i said before on live server i have to choose betwen without mercy or lasso and 2nd option is ragebringer or lasso now it looks like devs already chosen lasso or mutlipull .
    Try yours loadsout solo tanking on 2nd boss DWFE you gona know what im talking about when u need to pull ads from 2 sides and focus 2 bosses on u .With yours loadout its a wipe .
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

Since this is the loadout I use everywhere I go (I dont use RR I use Galling Eruption on Live) and I defeat the bosses, It works. Now here on test E. Chain's cooldown should drop down to 3 secs being a Pull and might have been an oversight but hey, THATS why we test things. We find the errors and find what doesnt work and report it.

Can we all agree on this please. EVERYTHING YOU SEE HERE IS NOT THE FINAL VERSION. This is testing. If you expected the power to be awesome and great at the first phase of testing you're kidding yourself. Yes, Rage doesnt feel good right now. When the Devs get in the office on Monday they'll have a lot of feedback to look through and make adjustments as we continue on with testing. When you are testing things, you low ball it, make adjustments then bring it out for more testing and then more adjustments will be made. I understand everyone is on high emotions but take a deep breath and understand we have a long road ahead of us and we all want Rage and the other powers to be strong in this new Revamp. Some things will be broken but they'll get fixed over time.
    • Like x 2
  4. SasquaT Dedicated Player

E.chain its not error here. 2 brake out power is error we need only ire but with 100 % less coldown and then we can put single pull / taunts in ferocity spot .
    If everything here was a final version i already will not waste time and play other games .
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

Well Ive already discussed why that wont happen so no need to repeat myself. Good luck on getting it. If it happens great but if it doesnt I guess keep going? Cant believe having 2 Breakouts is the issue where everyone gets one. I expected the other tanks to riot over this not the opposite. Kudos for surprising again internets.
  6. Nemisor Committed Player

I would like to see some kind of visual indication of scar tissue. Not sure what, but somrhing that increases in intensity or size based on how high the buff is
    • Like x 3
  7. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Why you need 2 brakeouts if u can have one which doing same job ? I mean we realy need this spot for single pull / taunts .
    Ice dosnt have this problem with shatter shield + brake block and winter ward shield + brake block heh reflection shield + immute for groupe thats 3 spots and you got 3 spots for pulls you can use frost snipe lasso and all multipuls you want .

Question is why ire coldown cant be 100 % reduced its that a huge problem i mean this power dosnt inflict dps role at all so what is it ?
    Insted of ferocity you gona hit ire over and over again is that a problem ?
    If it dosnt happend well its not the end of the world we can always switch powers and laugh how rage need to struggle right ?
  8. Arathian Level 30

Just got done running Olympus regular as a Gadgets controller.

My intention was to see how a Rage Tank would perform when running with a Bare Minimum Controller.

And when I say bare minimum I mean:
    21435 Power
    12822 Vitalization
    166 Combat rating
    With special guest appearance by:
    only tapped ranged for weapon attacks (Staff)
    waiting approximately 5 - 10 seconds before reapplying debuffs

Again, my purpose was to simulate say, a new player who is still unclear on the controller role or the game in general, and therefore not performing as optimal as they could. And how that would affect a Rage Tank (as well as the group)

Results:

The Rage Tank simply couldn't do it (somewhat expected) even when spamming Defibulator. Ran dry on power and wasn't able to stay alive with more than 3 or 4 adds.

The group was able to defeat Athena after 1 wipe, (the second attempt being relatively smooth, actually)

After the Athena fight I changed my LO to include the Battle Drone SC, and started properly reapplying debuffs & utilizing the SC generating to have a good upkeep on Battle Drone's power regeneration.

Again, the Rage Tank was unable to properly perform their role and we ultimately had to bring in a second controller for the Hecate & Zeus fight.

Has anyone else done tests similar to this? What's everyone's opinion on Rage Tank's self power regen?

9. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Why is a new player, as a bare minimum controller even trying to solo troll?
  10. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

The more I think about this, the more frustrated I get with these changes. I don't understand how this can make Rage tanks on par with Atomic and Ice. It seems as though Ice made it out of the stats revamp with out changing the way it plays, for the most part. I feel like I did when Atomic came out, squishy.

Why is there so much emphasis on changing what made Rage feel like it was a high risk/high reward tank power? There was some skill in being able to cancel your crash, knowing when you could gather more adds and how to manage when SP was on CD. It was hard to find good Rage tanks. Now, from the notes and from some play throughs with it, it's as if Rage is supposed to be squishy and heavily rely on a healer, where as every tank class has ALWAYS relied on a healer. I can't think of any time, where a tank could go with out one (in at tier end game raids).

Why was SP effect shortened? I see what the notes say but that makes no sense to me. You've reduced how much we get healed back and then reduced the duration of SP, all to make us more vulnerable so that a healer will feel more effective? WHAT. I don't care that a healer doesn't feel needed and that shouldn't be why a power is changed. They are needed. I don't understand or get where that is coming from.

The whole notion that every Rage tank just pulls and turtles is a myth. Not every one does that. Some are active, some aren't. And when I say active, I don't mean they sit there and do weapon combos all the time. I don't do that. I do counter, I pull to increase my health, but I'm always doing something. I block when I need to, not to just block for blocking sake. You could also apply that to every other tanking power. I see Ice tanks block that don't really need to. I see many Atomic tanks blocking just because, when they don't need to. Making these changes based off of an idea that you perceive all Rage players to do, is just beyond words for me. Like I said before, first we were pigeoned holed into playing one way (supposedly), now we're being forced to battle tank, whether you like it or not. I do not want to play that way and I certainly don't want to be forced to play that way.

I like the way that Rage is played on Live. My whole play style changes on test. It doesn't feel like the same power. Rage excelled with large groups of adds. Bosses with adds. That's where it shined. It doesn't do that any more. It's the same as every other power now, with different animations and lost what made it unique. I can't handle more than 4 or 5 adds, not because of my skill level, but because my role and powerset don't allow me to.

Some changes I'd like to see:
    • Change Severe's effect duration back to what it was
    • Change Severe's healing back to 100%
    • Keep the 50% defense buff for Severe for the whole 12 seconds, while leaving the crash timing to what it previously was
      • This would allow for users to not have to run Remorseless Recovery and add in a different power to the users choosing
    • Like x 8
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

He's not new at all, been playing the game since 2011.... He was testing if a minimum requirement troll could solo troll, hence why it's called the "test server".

Anyway I was in that run, and the tank struggled
    • Like x 2
  12. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Misunderstood, thought you were calling Arathian new.
  14. Trexlight Devoted Player

I never had a struggle with Power usage as a Rage Tank during my testing but that might be also because i weapon attack 100% of the time. I use Ragebringer to help get my Combo counter up, pull targets and receive healing from the damage. I certainly would like to hear the feedback from the Tank with his loadout and rotation to see why he was struggling with Power so much.
    • Like x 1
  15. Arathian Level 30

To see if the newly added passive power regen and weapon attack power regen would either bee too lacking, or over compensated when it comes to Rage tanking, from my personal findings. Lacking.

This is not a post saying to further increase self power regeneration, just simply an observation and a conclusion found.

And maybe perhaps a conclusion drawn that the minimum requirements for Olympus, as well as other raids in that Tier, should be increased.
  16. BumblingB I got better.

The idea that one under geared troll would be forced to that, is a little surprising, tbh. I understand how live pugs force a single role, and if you can't make it, you see a loading screen, but it wouldn't give a very accurate representation of what you are trying to accomplish. Power feed from a troll got adjusted significantly in this update. Same for your own personal regard.

It would be best if the tank would have specced more power to help his own power regen.
    • Like x 1
  17. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

My 166 troll on test has over 16k vit. You were like 2k+ vit lower than what you should've been. Not using the right weapon combo. Not using SC. It wouldn't have mattered if they increased the minimum cr because your mechanics and stats that actually affect power out to influence a rage tank weren't there. Let alone, that's minimum cr which in itself is for skilled players and not the recommended for the average or in this case simulated below average player.
  18. Arathian Level 30

Again, a controlled experiment and simulation on how much of an impact a Controller would have on a rage tank. While in this test It seemed that the Rage tank struggled quite a bit. Trexlight pointed out that perhaps they were using a Loadout that may not have been as optimal as it could have been. So I may run a similar test again.

I purposely played poorly and ran with the bare minimum requirement for the reasons stated here and above.

From what I'm getting from your responses, Do you think rage tanks need their controller's to spec full battery mode? Do you as well as others like that idea? or dislike it? are rage tanks too power hungry, and its harming the overall balance between tank powers? etc
    • Like x 1
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Let me ask you this, do you think it would've made a difference what tank power was there? You admit deliberately playing poorly, at the bare minimum level, without enough gear, enough mods and enough vitalization? What kind of experiment is that? Of course the group's gonna fail. What does that have to do with rage tank vs. ice tank vs. atomic? All consume power, and aren't gonna make it with a single, minimum, sucky troll (not you personally, just in general). A better experiment would be to run GoM with 2 tanks and compare power usage. Just my personal thoughts, though it's hard to tell now that each person decides their own amount of self power, lol.
  20. Trexlight Devoted Player

So spent some time Playing a few Hybrid DPS Builds tonight and got them recorded. Ill be working on getting those out tomorrow but a few thoughts and feedback about some abilities while they are fresh in my mind.

Lacerate
    - This ability should count towards the Combo Counter similar to Doom Spin (Sage's idea)
    - Using the ability causes the targets to get knocked away. In doing so the targets reach out of range of the ability but moving towards one enemy you leave the other enemies out of range to get damaged. I believe removing the Knock away will be most beneficial. One less CCing to do wont hurt much. If the knock away is to stay then i believe the damage range should be increased to compensate so all enemies can receive the damage. Its nice to move around and jump in all but we lose damage putput when moving to stay in range of one target and the others dont get hit.

Plasma Retch
    - Ability needs mobility similar to Fear Gas (BumblingB's idea)

Channel Hate
    - Another one of Sage's ideas is to make it hit multiple targets similar to Hard Light's Light Blast. I like the idea and to balance it a bit, keep us standing in one spot, provide healing still but have it work like Without Mercy on multiple targets. Doesnt need to be a strong Heal over Time with many ticks but give it 2 or 3. If Channel Hate stays like it is then please allow mobility. Also, any changes done to Channel Hate please make sure these are done to Absorb Heat. Both abilities should work the same :).

This is all I recall at the moment, Ill make more notes as I rewatch the footage tomorrow. Some good ideas for running some melee DPS loadouts rotations wise. Whether or not they do the warranted damage players want will require some Raid runs in due time.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.