Stats Revamp 1.4 - Rage Feedback

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arathian Level 30

The healer (Nature, Brawling WM) was actually sustaining himself quite well throughout the run on the contrary. While the Hybrid DPS finished the run with a final number that was within their usual ballpark. I will try this "Garbage Controller" test with other powers, that is a very good idea. and hopefully gather enough feedback and data to give something to the devs, as well as players to help finalize self-sufficient power generation, as well as controllers in general.

While I'm aware this is not a thread for Controllers I thought it would be a good idea to rouse conversation on how dependent rage is on a controller, and whether or not it may need adjustment
  2. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

I think every role should require their controller to have an idea of what they're doing if they are running the minimum stats. If the game is catered to allowing new players to solo their role, skilled players will just completely forget about them and hybrid it as a dps stance or dps gear in support stance. The game and it's roles should be balanced around average players with average stats performing their roles decently, not new people that don't know the game or have stats.
    • Like x 1
  3. Saybro Committed Player

What a lot of people are not realizing (probably because they haven't tanked with rage on live) is that the tank is vulnerable. It has it's weaknesses just like ice. Don't cycle you ice shields right, get messed up. Don't cancel severe punishment, pay the price. Learn the skill and try again. When SP is on cool down YOUR HEALTH IS NOT BUFFED JUST BECAUSE THE ADDS ARE STANDING AROUND YOU, therefore. You are simply a player with some odd health like every other person in that instance. Get smacked a few times and you will be down. This myth that rage is some god tank is ridiculous and needs to stop. Want to test this theory out, go into a raid, and pop severe punishment without anything else...you will die. Pop a PULL to get the adds around you to stack your health and THEN pop severe punishment, there is a difference. Big difference.

I've always ran the 2 breakout loudout and would determine if i needed rage bringer and/or without mercer or rage blast or lasso. Just dependent on the instance.

DPS is a whole nother bag of worms. I will check back when i have been on test more though.
    • Like x 5
  4. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

We need to manifest the butcher as a sc it would work like big gun. U summon the the bull and the adds will panic like we do when Cerberus is near and he would simply change at them wipeing them from the map :)
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Ok so i've spent some time with rage and the first thing i want to address is the power costs for the combos. The inputs after the initial activation should not cost power. The way combos are used is your generally clipping things in pretty fast so with each input costing power you simply use more power then you should be and more then other playstyles do.

In the video below i'm speced 137 skill points into power (insane right lol) and i'm on a energy soda and have replenishing adaptor in my weapon for more power and i can still only do 3 or so rotations....Thats crazy. With the same spec using a hybrid or PftT I can run entire 5 min runs to collect data or try things out even using higher cost loadouts but when i try this with rage or atomic im lucky to get a min. Now i'm not a fan of power back and all that jazz but if its gonna work for one playstyle it should work equally for them all. I would have liked to use the weapon buff to but i would have never had enough power for that also.

Sorry for all the jumping around in the vid i think i was a ballerina in a past life and it just happens haha :p

Next up is rage needs more options for range, as you see in the vid i'm using rage bringer cause theres no other Aoe burst move to clip in and jump canceling Plasma retch has been done away with which i am really not a fan of cause that was rages only other range option. I'd like to see at least one aoe burst power added to rage.

Now to another problem. You can't get a string of range combos going anymore cause the cooldown on dreadful is to long. So if you want to play rage as a combo power which myself and i know many others like to you simply can't do it. I'd like for either the cooldown on dreadful to be reduced so you can chain combos again or take out one of the many useless powers rage has and give rage another ranged combo.

Ok Now for the good...I ran a few things and even had a buddy troll me at the dummies and i can say rage puts up some pretty good numbers.....well if you can manage to keep powered :(. The melee flows pretty nice and i like the new tap added to outrage but again power is a big issue.

I have some more things i'm going to post but i wanna run some more stuff before i say anything else.
    • Like x 1
  6. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Again, for more range options.

1. Lacerate. To me this is one of the most useless powers in the game. So much so I thought it was there because the dev team ran out of ideas so they throw it in there for laughs. Adds now have so much Dominance that you do no cc with it at all. Let's not even talk about the dps for this power either. It's attack radius is awful and the power isn't a channel power yet you are stuck in an animation of uselessness for about 5 sec and are open for attacks.

2. Frenzy. Yep I said it. This power is also very pointless in rage. It's locked animations like lacerate cause you to be stuck in a continuous lash of melee attacks that have no high risk or reward damage. I wished for a long time this power was removed from rage and something more suitable was placed in its spot instead.

3. Mangle. The supercharge is USELESS! All it is, is a SC version of lacerate! I call it lacerate 2.0. Really DC devs? This is almost unacceptable. Our supercharge options are already non existent. But you really dropped the ball on this one. It's cc is minimal at best but pointless.

4. Channel Hate. Now at first I thought this power had potential to be a great ranged DPS power (cough) but dc for some reason wasn't thinking the way I was. Another useless power now to the batch. Especially since it has no cc or anything to stun, root or knock back targets.

5. Redirecting Rage. Should I even bother saying anything to this?

Ok. So those are my 5 powers that I feel should be taken out of rage and replaced with something else more versatile.

1.For Mangle why not change that superchage into something like a ranged DPS SC since this is in the anger tree where most damage is done.

The power would be called (Crimson Rain.)
    It allows the user to create a huge ball of plasma energy that raises from underneath the feet of the target stunning them in the process and rooting. Then once the ball reaches its maximum height, it explodes causing heavy burst damage then rains down on surrounding adds or players causing dot ticks of at least 12 ticks. Enemies will also be plasma burned and movement temporarily slowed down in the mist.

2. For lacerate, we could have another ranged power since rage is scarce for them.

The power would be called (Scarlet Javelin.)
    As the name implies, it would be a ranged power that the user constructs a Red javelin and is able to throw the Javelin at far range. The Javelin will be connected to a chain from the user causing the target to be rooted in place. The power will also have a hold Triangle combo option to release two more lances, connecting three chain links. After the links explode it causes minimal burst damage then causes 5 ticks of damage over time. plasma burned enemies would take additional damage.

3. For Frenzy the replacement power would be called (Neglect.)

I was thinking that why not give rage a move like headlights chompers?
    Except ours will just cause plasma burn to be added while implying panic. 1 tick of burst damage when activated then 8 of dot afterwards. It would be a ranged move just like hard light chompers and hit up to 4 targets in range. This would be very helpful.

4. For Channel Hate, the name could stay the same. It's just the power would stun targets and have a version of itself like Light Blast from Hard Light. Enemies with plasma burn would take more damage.

5. Lastly is Redirecting Rage. The power name can also stay the same. It's just that the power would look and work just like hardlight's Light Barrier. It will allow the user to get off the ground while entering it and reflect might damage. As long as it would give us some cc break out like Light Barrier while reflecting decent damage back to the attacker.
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

DB is pretty tame compared to the melee combos, you're lucky if you get 30 second's out of those specced into full power. Outrage, E chain and revenge cost way too much. They do beautiful damage but it's near impossible to PPfT with those unless you got like 4 trolls.
    • Like x 1
  8. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Yea melee is pretty nice i wasn't even using e-chain just outrage and revenge and was doing well. We need to really work on the range though cause melee isn't always a option and you'll be spending a majority or your time ranged.
  9. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

The powerset is def fixable and it's not major issues dps wise all of us have came to the same draw backs that need to be addressed. Lack of range options with the most logical thing we have came up with is replacing Frenzy with another Ranged combo power, Lacerate being another power not worth using. Outrage needing power cost dropped. Galling while costing the power it does not having real range. And Mangle needing to be replaced with something along the lines of something more fitting to rage. Dreadful blast while the cool down has been increased is bad it could still be usable the damage is decent on it and if another ranged combo ability is added to fill in the down time for it would be great, As of now all of us have came to the same rotation as you adding that rage blast move.

One thing that really needs to be looked at is how rage can still be blocked in combat while costing absurd amounts of power making it lose damage compared to its counter parts still. Ran Hades today as Nature, Sorc, rage and Electricity and all those powers aside from Rage felt just fine and really fluid with proper skill point specing power didn't feel like a issue those powers made the game feel fresh again and rewarding, the little things that you did in between powers could be the difference between a person doing great damage and amazing damage over the course of a run, I once again felt like I could get creative with a load out and make my own thing work with each. Rage how ever was annoying between being blocked and running out of power.
    • Like x 1
  10. spack2k Steadfast Player

plz give Frenzy, Channel Hate and Plasma Retch mobility atleast like Fear Gas.

plz change Outrage second combo from Tap, Tap, Hold to Tap, Hold, Hold.
    • Like x 1
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

We've been screaming for more ranged options for rage for too long now. They should just make channel hate a ranged cone and give it mobility
    • Like x 4
  12. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Like Ive posted In Light thread,
    Rage too currently dont have a low cost spammable AoE ability to support Weapon clipping and Weapon only play styles.

I think best would be if Channel Hate is replaced by a power like Light's Ram or Sorcery's Soul Barrage or exactly same power as Rage Blast but AoE with no stun/healing proc that can serve that role.
    • Like x 2
  13. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

YES........................ This needs to happen.

Also,
    Can someone test mangle? I was getting more DPS with a regular superpowers.
  14. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Your input does nothing unless you give the stats of the rage tank. All he might need is to spec more power.
    • Like x 1
  15. Trexlight Devoted Player

Loadout:
    Severe Punishment, Relentless Anger, Remorseless Recovery, Frenzy, Outrage, Berserk (Supercharge)

Spec: (Might/Power VII, Might VII, Might/Health VII Mods)
    20% Crit Attack Chance
    80% Crit Attack Damage
    18633 Power
    9619 Might (w/ 54 Skill Points in the Might Stat Innate)
    9623 Precision (w/ 38 Skill Points in the Precision Stat Innate)

Rotation:
    SP > RR > RA > Frenzy > Weapon Combos > Outrage *Berserk when applicable

Ability Breakdown:
    - Severe Punishment: Using the Enraged Buff to heal back the damage done to me by NPCs to survive of course.
    - Remorseless Recovery: Using the Leech mechanic to heal back the 25% damage I do to enemies
    - Relentless Anger: Supercharge Generator and inflicts Plasma Burn Power Interaction
    - Frenzy: Melee attack Rage Combo that I can also easily go into my Martial Arts Weapon Combos. Plus, I like to make kitty noises.
    - Outrage: Big damage Rage Combo and used to Cancel the Rage Crash
    - Berserk: Supercharge to double the damage Ideal to enemies.

Overview:
    So with Rage DPS, I do Melee loadouts and this along with the other videos I recorded is playing around with a Hybrid playstyle. I tried it for Atomic without using the Combos and it was different so I wanted to see how it would work with Rage. It was funky being a new loadout setup and its the same with all of them I try new that once I find a good attack pattern it gets better. The Self Healing that Rage is known for was strong using SP and RR together. Having one or the other by themselves may have had different results. Even on Live Servers in Solo and Duo content, I run Relentless Anger and RR together for double the healing to survive more.

Using Frenzy is static a bit. No mobility to it and it is Vulnerable to Block which I understand due to how many times you are comboing with it. I have not done damage comparisons yet to see which are doing better etc so I cant compared Frenzy's damage to anything. Outrage was really used to Cancel the Rage crash. Due to its HIGH Power consumption its not viable to try and spam it in a regular rotation as much as I wanted to. The Extra melee attack is nice though. The Tap Melee then Hold Melee is a bit funky. Making it Hold Melee then Hold Melee would probably be better but i also chalk that up to muscle memory with us having to Hold Melee for so long.

Berserk I should have used more but thats also a new dynamic Im trying to get use to with so long of not using a Supercharge in my rotations. Relentless Anger being in the loadout allows for good Supercharge Regen so I could have just kept using it as if it was every other Power and if its not on Cooldown, use it. RA's change was another one to get comfortable with as its now a Lunge ability. I normally open my DPS up with Outrage to Lunge in but RA is a good replacement especially giving the Plasma Burn PI to start the fight. It was in another video that I learned to clip RA with SP and RR so it would be:

Lunge/Apply Plasma Burn (clip)> SP (clip)> RR then rest of rotation

It made for faster gameplay. Again, another thing to get comfortable with for sure. Overall it was a learning process but until the Rage Combo's Power consumption is looked into and lowered it makes for heavy Power Usage and relying heavily on your Weapon combos to provide power back or enough that your first and/or Second Rotation kills something to get a blue bauble for some Power back.
  16. Trexlight Devoted Player

It was posted in Avair's Main Thread that Ire's Description doesnt include a Power Cost but it does consume the Medium Power Cost level similar to the Power Use found on Ferocity.

Are the Group Breakouts suppose to cost Power? Ice's Shatter Restraint still does not cost any Power to use.
  17. Moja Developer

Group Breakouts typically cost 0 power. The exception to this right now is Ferocity, since it's not the "primary" group break out.
    • Like x 2
  18. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I have one question Moja.
    Would it be possible to make Channel Hate function similarly to Light Blast?
  19. Moja Developer

We're still discussing Rage's ranged options internally, so I can't answer that yet. Suffice to say we want it to be more than Dreadful Blast spam.
    • Like x 9
  20. Nemisor Committed Player

well thats good news, because thats what weve wanted since.......well since the power was released.:)
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.