Stats Revamp 1.3 - Your Feedback!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblingB I got better.

This is not a PS vs PC thread, please leave it out.
    • Like x 2
  2. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

My league is made up of PSN players and PC gamers. And everyone is agreeing to these changes!
    So these discussions that it's just pc players ... and not the PSN is just another excuse to try to gulp down what only you want! And oblige everyone to accept only their taste ...
    • Like x 1
  3. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

All 3 playstyles should viable; that being said people need to face the fact that they are not going to have the exact damage output, and i think its pretty obvious that Hybrid is gonna get ahead min-maxing wise.
  4. DistantWalker Well-Known Player

exactly PftT players cant except that. They feel like PftT should be stronger or same as all the rest of the Play styles but fact is that will never happen PftT and hybrid will never do the same amount of damage. PftT players want PftT to be the best choice as it is on Live. It went from promoting usage of weapon to the devs letting PC players and that's who they are PC players Go crazy on feedback shouting about PftT. Idk when Devs are going to face the fact that players come to them to dumb the game down to there skill level. Its so sad i thought the Devs were finally over coming this. Because it has been holding us back for years now!

When can they just accept that PC players are on this forum running the game?? When can they accept that PftT is the most cookie cut 1234 way of playing the game?

"Dont force us to play the play style you like" That's fine just don't expect to be out dpsing me with your 1234, 1234, 1234, 1234. When i'm actually engaging in using my weapon and power.

Devs don't even see that they are trying to create the SAME problem so they can keep there cheese in the game. Making PftT and hybrid do the same damage will NEVER happen. Its a fact.
  5. Xibo Loyal Player

This 100%
  6. Xibo Loyal Player

Well, historically DCUO players always have tried to find a way to do more damage than normal skipping the normal procedure of the combat. Proofs of it is the Mental WM glitch, Sorcery DPS one-handed on Live and so on. As you said, seems to me pretty obvious that Hybrid combat will be the playstyle chosen by the players and so they will get rid of the another playstyles and the circle continuos to turn again with the same problem.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

I like how you are lumping an entire way of thinking on what YOU believe we want.

You do realize that they have specified what each type of attack would focus on for their combat way of choice. Precision, Might, and Power.

If you seriously think that a tray only play style is 1234 then you should look at what Hybrid is. As I'm not sure how hold > tap > power/power is any different.

Complexity is what you put into your rotations, whether it is setup dots and pi and utilize weapon combos or powers. You are utilizing your toolkit as you see fit.

When spin chop was king, there were a lot of players that used other weapons and were able to keep up or heaven forbade, they used tray and cast powers.

So please stop trying to argue down anybody that wants options, not being forced into one form. Which, btw, was your argument on why AMs were bad. How is having only Hybrid any different? It's one way and one way only.
    • Like x 5
  8. Maxwill Committed Player

Chill Effects please let ice bash and some other powers give chill effects and after some chill effects we should have Ice Armor , (although is great that we can have ice armor in dps role on test) the ice armor on test is abit less,smaller, at least its visuals/animation

sorcery's red soul aura, golden soul aura and some other animations like transmutation's on live... ANIMATIONS of different power(sets) ARE GREAT, LOVELY, ATRACTIVE and one of the reasons many players like dcuo !

the criticals for soul well like on live should be on stats matter too...

reduce phase dodge's cooldown to 12 seconds please, so we can use it with our rotation(s).Will be usefull and fun.

And current effects ...are you going to fix that?

You want people to hunt sp, to play dcuo doing feats(running open world missions, solos,duos,alerts,raids, pvp arenas,legends, to get those time capsule feats)?, you want them to farm the exobits(rnd scanners) or get them from somewhere ( time capsules) or the collections (radar enhancers)? So make all mods and sp matter ! give them a boost, make them worthy, now they are giving abit of stats but you can make them better...You said we will feel the difference even with 1 sp more ...Avair.

And about sp, that thing with the 5% and so on is good but after 100 sp feels not worthy to spend more sp... as I said before some of us spent alot of ingame money for some feats, like the ones from time capsules ( about 340mil for all of them) or real life money to buy alot of stabilizers...How would you guys feel if you spent about 300 dollars for about 18 sp which give you ONLY 400 more might... while they could give you the triple...So yeah I strongly suggest giving more meaning , more stats in sp , in each sp untill the last one so we can be motivated to get them .

And Trinkets like Central City trinket, and seasonal trinkets should be giving important stats, players have spent alot of time and maybe money to get them, I haven't see them having stats...

And last one elite pieces affinity bonuses...1% feels like we wasted our time getting 5+ elite pieces... you can give them more stats/percentage, meaning.

You want us to keep playing dcuo right? so give us reasons,motivate us with important stats from different things, not with small ones which are almost meaningless .
    • Like x 1
  9. DistantWalker Well-Known Player

A tray only play style is 1234. And for the last Dang Time, PftT and Hybrid CANT be balanced to do the same amount of damage. ITS IMPOSSIBLE. So your so called Play styles are created through using what you already have. PftT is merely just a different method of doing damage. When the revamp said "were getting rid of AM" that is what it meant. There is no need for the Devs to go back on there word because a bunch of PC players got all upset came on feedback and starting ranting. Now you have players saying PftT when its the same Darn thing as AMs. If you didn't notice Every day there inching closer and closer and closer to making PftT the same EXACT thing AMs are in the game right now. Hm lets see. "Oh Devs the cooldowns are to high", "Oh devs i don't wanna use weapon, you see when i was growing up i always just wanted to use power >:)" "oh oh oh no don't call it AM call it PftT it sounds better that way".

How do you exspect to balance the game AS A WHOLE. When you give 100% damage to powers. Instead of 50% damage to Powers and 50% damage to weapons.

PftT and hybrid WILL NEVER and i repeat NEVER be balanced to the same potential. This is just causing the same problem that were trying to get away from! this is creating another balance issue you release PftT with hybrid and your just gonna see players saying PftT is unbalanced. This is unbalanced This is unbalanced. Stop creating problems for the Devs just because you cant a-just to a reasonable change.
  10. DistantWalker Well-Known Player

PftT is overall a more easier method of doing damage. It cant be in the same boat with hybrid, Hybrid is overall a more difficult way of dealing damage.
  11. BumblingB I got better.

I stopped reading at "PC". Why do you have to bring that up? It's not PC players only. I love DCUO so, stop with the stereotyping.

pftt is something that can be balanced. Because if you have more power, you can do more higher cost powers. While if you are Hybrid, you can do only so many before you have to regen again. Get it through your head, Tray only is possible. Dear Lord, stop.
    • Like x 1
  12. DistantWalker Well-Known Player

Two different method of giving out damage is not able to be balanced. ITS NOT.

Here let me hit you with some common sense that every player will look at when finding different play styles here i'l just put this as If Hybrid does do the same amount of damage.
    1. Whats the damage difference-balanced
    2. Whats the easiest-PftT
    CONCLUSION-Well I'm Doing PftT!

This is how it should be
    1. What does the most damage-Hybrid
    2. Whats the easiest-PftT
    Conclusion-Hmmm idk <-----that is the goal

And no PftT has 0 diversity They will find 1 loadout that does the post damage and everybody will use it. That's a fact its gonna be another 1234 1234 1234 fest.

Devs what do you expect when you attempt to fix the game and make Skill a thing. Some players are gonna run to you and complain that is a fact. Don't let the majority of the players who wanna use skill and not let 1234 1234 1234 Dominate the game lose the last bit of hope they thought they had.
  13. The Anxient Loyal Player

Two methods are very capable of being balanced. Don't see what you think is so complex about hybrid that it is so superior. Tap x4, hold, clip with a power ooooooh you're so OP... Combo powers (considered pftt in this revamp are definitely more complex (timing wise) than weapon clipping. BTW I'm on ps4 before you start that.
    • Like x 1
  14. tiempo Well-Known Player

Here's my feedback of some findings in Stats Revamp, broken?
    I review all six power all suffering from the same problem, some more then others.
    • Like x 1
  15. tiempo Well-Known Player

It's long but it's worth watching I promise. I review every power, this is ridiculous...you have to see it.
  16. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Just watched your vid bro and jumped on test, my Sorcery No pet loadout was doin 23k-27k aprox, spamming Transmutation gave me 19k-22k on damage output, then i tried to time my transmutation spams to 1 sec instead of instant cast it when it was available, the average humber droped to 12k-13k. I think that this imbalance can be fixed just by increasing the cooldown to 1 full sec instead of 0.5.
    Just my 2 cents.
    • Like x 1
  17. BumblingB I got better.

Maybe it's because I just woke up, but that made zero sense.

If they were equal in damage potential, how would pftt be easier when hybrid has access to the same powers.
  18. Nemesir Well-Known Player

This is totally ........ i really don't know what to say but watching this over and over again :(
  19. BumblingB I got better.

I think it is intended to be spammed while its pi is up. As a rotation Shin-O-B gave me in last update for gadgets was taser>fg>vortex>pdart spam until pis wear off. On the other hand splitting might be a problem. Will have to test further.

Does anyone know if splitting follows the old rules still? Split after two? Where all damage above 2 is 200% of single. (I think that is what it was.)
  20. spack2k Steadfast Player

he got a point, if both playstyles do same damage most ppl will stick to the one playstyle which requires less work because human beings are lazy and using weapon combos + clip low cooldown powers requires a bit more work cause u need to be fast in execution and need to use them more often than just using long cooldown powers with a lot of damage, therefore using weapon+power will be avoided and only used by those who don't want to play PftT at all but that will happen anyway because true balance won't be available between those 3 playstyles its not realistic u will need to work with +/- % tolerance and the competitive part of the community will select 2 of the playstyles out.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.