Stats Revamp 1.3 - Sorcery Feedback!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harlequin Devoted Player

The pets in this game are poorly executed. That is why I dislike them. For something that is basically fire and forget, they do too much damage/healing. If players had control over their actions and had to take an active role in managing when they used abilities, I wouldn't hate them so much.

My Sorcery toon predates Home Turf. I enjoyed the dps aspect quite a bit back then with its field/aoe dots, buff procs and reliance on PIs and weapon usage. I even enjoyed WM with that toon. When uber-Fury appeared, I shelved the toon for anything other than healing. Can't stand the cruise control pets at all.

I would prefer that Red Soul Aura procced when an enemy with Bad Karma was KOed.
    • Like x 5
  2. Road Kill Active Player

3. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I'm gonna be honest that I was not able to test as much as I wanted to due to life, however what little I saw:

Solos were so much better in healer role (166 gear with mods, no white mods, or boosting trinkets) with the use of Shard of Life. I didn't have any trouble taking Penguin down and enjoyed it. Powering Watcher with Offering was again iffy, I noticed that if I let Watcher regen their power out of combat without using Offering, they would get their power back at a slow and steady beat, but if I used Offering, their power bar would jump all over the place. It was pretty annoying. I was going to take a video of it this weekend but test is down. And IDK when it's gonna be back up.
  4. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I think it would be best to keep Red Soul appear after we kill an enemy and let it be active for like 2 minutes, killing another enemy refreshing it for same duration.

Golden Soul could appear when a healing effect is triggered and also stay active for like 2 minutes.

I dont understand the few people who spoked against auras. Soul Auras look amazing mixed with at least half of auras available in game. I personally love how Red Soul mixes with Ghostly and Red Smoke aura which I use at my Dps armories. My healer armories have Orange Nimbus and Slim Dark Blue to mix with Golden Soul. Newer White Smoke and Dark Blue Nimbus would look great with both auras and anniversary Azure aura would look amazing with Golden Soul. Not only these doesnt conflict but actually enhance the effect of normal auras.
    • Like x 1
  5. Ekaterina Committed Player

I don't understand why heals cant be just heals why do allies need to be by targets to receive the heal? Just makes sorc healing situational which puts the healing side at a disadvantage. Don't over complicate the healing side please.
    • Like x 1
  6. VioletSorceress Committed Player

The more I think about this the more I think it is just a discrimination to Pets.
    Id rather see this change reverted and instead get Pets' Power Regen Penalty slightly increased. Providing that Pet builds should be packing only low cost Bursty abilities and rely at weapon clipping, deteriorated power management should be easier to chew rather than handicapping Pets' damage. This would also further differentiate Pet from non Pet builds.

If you decide to keep that handicap in place, players' incentive would be to start with Pets and spec Precision at low Cr but later prepare and slowly transition to Might and non Pet builds at high Cr since Pets will be perceived as inferior. This doesnt sit well from any point of view since the idea of this revamp was to make all play styles equal.
  7. Roocck Committed Player

I decided to download the test server expecting to test all weekend to check it out and see what changes are being made. I respect to Sorcery gotten all my gear, mods etc. cr at 188 and decided to try the solo Iceberg Lounge and saw that the damage is pretty good but the power mechanics are terrible. Used weapon combos with my powers and before my third full rotation I was out of power struggling to keep myself alive until my sodar was off cool down. Is this what we'll be expecting with all powers for this revamp?
  8. Trexlight Devoted Player

Gonna have to be more specific so we have an understanding on what you were doing. Need Spec, stats, loadout and rotation.
  9. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

This is on test right now not the revamp.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/next-on-test-game-update-68.284548/
    ^^^^^ CLICK ^^^^^

This went up on test Friday.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.