Stats Revamp 1.3: Mental

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shin-O-B Developer

Please use this thread for feedback specific to Mental powers.

For general combat feedback (not specific to Mental), please use this updated overview thread instead.

Here are some of the non-power cost changes related to Mental in this update:

• Mental Powers
      • Telekinetic Pull - Now applies the Daze power interaction
      • Invisibility - The form no longer grants a passive Critical Hit bonus, as this bonus is now innate to Sleep and Pain Blast
      • Bolt Barrage - Damage output has been adjusted
  2. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

41500 Power CR 178 10,000 Might
    Mental Still feels sloppy and weak against Faust and Artamis.
    Always feel like I'm floundering against Bosses.
    Trying to have PftT Viable,as per suggestions on website.
    Powers do not hit as hard, as when there is more Might; contrary to the New Revamp suggestions to load up with Power.
    I may be able to get a few more Powers out, but they hit for much less.
    Psychic Prison, TK Bolt, TK Push, Phantom Flames, Mass Lev, TK
    The 12 Second Cooldowns for Mass Lev and Mass Terror are EXCESSIVE. (to say the Least)
    • Like x 3
  3. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Terror tendrils needs to have the stun added back to that power. That was the best stun that mental had.
    You changed the power and left that super slow animation. When it had the stun the really awesome stun made up for the animation time.

I will add that I could play from the tray during a solo at around 11k power using 100 powers.
  4. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I decided to run my 181 CR 100sp Semi- Modded Electric toon on Live to compare how it feels to 178 Mental 170SP Fully Modded on Test.
    Players have been begging for Electric to be fixed because it is very weak on Live.
    Well My Electric toon did a better job handling Faust and Artamis on Live than my Mental did on Test.
    If people are complaining that Electric is weak on Live; how do you think they will feel when Revamp comes Live; and tries to play with this neutered Mental Toon?
  5. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

Roll mental back!
    • Like x 1
  6. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

So basically you took away the viability of invisibility in PvE instances. Thanks

Which way was bolt Barrage "adjusted." Seems very vague
    • Like x 1
  7. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

Yes!!! Bring back Mental dots
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

not happy.
    • Like x 1
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

you are my hero <3
    how about mass levitation to become a combo power to smash enemies on the ground with tap range
    and toss tem into each other with hold range? any news about that? anyone reading this hwo would love this?
  10. stärnbock Devoted Player

what about phantom flames loosing burst for adding DOT?
    • Like x 1
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

VERY IMPORTANT:
    mass levitation oftenly doesnt work on multiple enemies!
    it oftern only lifts one or no enemy at all!
    please have a look at this issue!

other than that: i <3<3<3 what you have changed and how!!!
    testing goes on, but i am totally excited what you have done!!!
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

NOTE:
    telekinetic pull tends to either pull the enemy over ones head
    or pulls it in a direction not directly in front of you, can you have
    a look at this issue? i want to pull my enemies directly into my fists!!!
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Solo trolled an Oly run, it was definitely doable.

Loadout: mass terror (CC and Pi set up), psychic shock, Phantom flames, horrific visage, psychic empowerment, invisibility (with bastion on it), staff as a weapon, clipping powers and spamming the new tap tap hold range combo.

Thank you for cutting the cooldown on instant power dump in half, trolls can now empty their power bar and help keep everyone else up. While it was somewhat of a struggle to keep the group up, I think it was a little too easy to run 5111 (I'll save that for another thread).

I couldn't really tell if the defense debuff was making a huge difference or not as I wasn't really paying attention to my damage out out, but it was fairly easy to keep everyone powered and have all 3 debuffs up at one time and not run out of power quickly.

If I may be optimistic, I think solo trolling raids will be reversed for the truly skilled trolls. Your SC bar builds very quickly so you can use bastion at least 4 times in one boss fight, the more skillful players will know how to build their bar up quickly to be able to solo troll. Generally though, I can still see two trolls being a thing.
    • Like x 4
  14. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

Tested 166 cr
    Sp spent
    20 crit
    40 crit
    40 might
    40 power
    No mods / tac mods

Seeing Shades Again Solo

I tested this exact set up on 1.2 revamp and the main problem was you had to spend a lot of SP into power and some cool downs were a little long... The difficulty of the level was appropriate for that cr.

The 1.3 revamp is even worse... You need even more SP for power because I was constantly out.. I definitely felt weaker.. I died like 6 times on first boss and then stopped. The last boss wasn't going to be possible. The difficulty of this level is now not appropriate due to the changes.

I noted in Sorcery thread that I had the same setup for sorcery for SP except changed 40sp precision to 40sp might for mental. My weapon still did the same damage.

I feel weaker now and my SP doesn't matter now. I don't like this at all.
    • Like x 1
  15. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I disagree I'm kind of liking this. The cooldown on invisibility is pretty good in my opinion too.
  16. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

Disagree how?

The cool down on 1 power you pointed out seems fine?

Unless you specifically tested the same thing in the same way in combat for revamp 1.2 to 1.3 .... Then give feed back on how you saw "improvement" VS my post.
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

how lomg did we have for the raid?
  18. L T Devoted Player

That's quite a blow for Mental. Any chance a smaller bonus could be restored and Ambush/Pain Blast adjusted accordingly? I really liked the stealth aspect of Mental in v1.2
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

is it just me, or does it bothers anyone else that "dazed" powers are underperforming, compaired to terror powers?
    it seems like levitation allways did and allways will be inferior to terror DPS... here is the short version why this is the case:

mass terror is basicly mass levitation an psychic prison combined, it sets up PI, it adds a DOT, it shares the same cooldown like mass levitation and even has the same power cost like both of them... in addition the DOT of mass terror holds twice as long as psychic prison.

further more: terrorize is a -35% finisher wich hits even harder when terror is applied -.-
    is it me hwo does something wrong? i can only make efficient loadouts with terror powers, yet i have not found a single "dazed" loadout workin yet...
  20. Beta Cell New Player

Taking the crit form stealth hurts both gadgets and mental. At the very least the crit bonus should be active at mid-range. Maybe the closer you are to your target, the more chance you have to crit from stealth.

Stealth needs to be more than a 2nd load-out bar/gimmick.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.