Stats Revamp 1.3: Ice

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

T 6 & basically using the same load out for ice current AM. Look at your power numbers on each power. The 100's will not drain your power pool faster than the auto PoT.

I have not tried elec yet on 1.3. Currently on sorcery. I will do that next. But try your 100 powers first.
  2. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Hey there, nice to see you around bud. I totally believe your statements. I'm just referring to certain specific scenarios where you are fighting a bunch of adds like in BN or even some GOM stuff where your shields start breaking early due to the fast incoming large quantities of damage. On Live you have over 5 shields to rotate maybe even just 4. On Test you really only have three to work with. Just a slight disadvantage that I see. Happens in SM high rounds quite often. Usually against bosses, this is rarely encountered due to the slower pace on incoming amounts of damage.

But right now on a normal run like OLY, you can definitely tell that your shields could break rapidly against very large numbers of mobs. Nothing drastic like before obviously (it's do-able) but definitely still prevalent even after the update.
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

I hear ya. And like i said i was just saying what my experience is on live. And i havent tested it yet myself. But watching your vid it doesnt look like u really struggle w/it but i know u know what you're doing. That 1st room in KTC might be an issue for some because there are a good # of adds. I was watching the cooldown when ya used storm and it still seems too slow to me.

When they were aiming for 2-2-2-2 i can understand why they slowed it down. But after saying that isnt the goal anymore i dont see why the pull cooldowns need a change at all. And i see u said they should reduce it by .5 of a second. Which is fine if thats your opinion, not gonna agree or disagree til i test it. But i would like to hear the devs reasoning on why it needs a change now that the goal is different for raids. Interesting u mention BN, thats what i was gonna test 2mor because there are a bunch of adds in there in the hallways, adds with the last boss and 2nd boss and 2 bosses at the start. Plus all those adds in the parking lot. Good spot to test imo.
  4. Maxwill Committed Player

Check this out

On live I can stay alive with those adds and not die... He died , do you guys see why? Because he didn't have another shield which ice needs ! BITTER WINDS .
  5. xD25x Dedicated Player

He's atomic in the vid. Nvm I watched the whole thing
  6. Maxwill Committed Player

He's ice and atomic tank in the video...
  7. tiempo Well-Known Player

I'm not seeing the damage from Blizzard though, especially compared to Atomic 100%SC which I hit a 176k crit yesterday with and it has dots, blizzard just keep feeling like an upgraded wintry tempest. Also, all cone pulls in the game for tanks should be reduced to 1 sec.
    Bug with Snowdevil as well, it's invisible.
    • Like x 1
  8. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Arctic Gust needs knock back CC and Frost Blast needs a knockdown CC + Block breaking. Ice AM is getting countered all the time at Live server with those, just watch what gonna happen when all is tripped down. Weapon clipping will be the only way to do solos, duos and alerts.

Since Avalance is with 9 sec cooldown now and doesnt utilize PI, Frost Blast's cooldown should be completely removed or Ice's PftT will lack spammable power at max distance.
    • Like x 1
  9. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Feedback so far comparing to 1.2 as well as live:
  10. tiempo Well-Known Player

Some test I did tonight with Ice Tanking. Hope y'all don't mind the vid.

11. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

166cr DPS

20crit
    40crit
    40might
    40power
    No mods
    Seeing Shades solo

All went well over all... Might damage seemed to be there. Beat the solo without to much trouble.. compared to Mental and Atomic which I could not finish the solo with same spec.

The difficulty of the solo felt appropriate for the CR although some cool downs seemed to long for the damage they do.
    For having 40sp in Power I still felt like I didn't have enough power.

Sorry I'm going to mention this in every thread but the precision is so broke right now. It's really hard to see where any power stands right now. I've put no Sp .. 40 Sp .. 93 Sp into precision and I see little to no change.

You're really not going to be able to get any meaningful feedback on the standard play style or a weapon play style if we can use a power and hit for 5000 / 8000crit ... 11000 / 20000crit depending onthe bucket verse hit with the Weapon 1800 - 2300 / 3800 - 4300crit most people are just going to play from tray as much as possible.
  12. spack2k Steadfast Player

Shatter Restraints has no power cost also u still can't see any ability effects under CURRENT EFFECTS tab which makes me crazy since i don't know if the beneficial powers work the way it's described for example the breakout immunity duration - just relying on visuals s****

PLZ bring the weapon buff icon back !!!
    • Like x 1
  13. Maxwill Committed Player

Is it just me or Ice Armor is smaller, less on test server compared to live?

Also can you bring back the Visuals of Reflection and of Winter Ward?
  14. Maxwill Committed Player

Weapons will be adjusted ,they are not fixed yet. Wait .
  15. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Was trying to investigate some things regarding builds and play styles. It appears that Fortified Blocking mod does not stack with the Ice Armor buff. Is this correct?
  16. Moja Developer

The Ice Armor buff is removed while blocking, so they don't stack :)
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Is Resonating Gale still an encasement breaker?

Deep Freeze makes reference to encasing enemies and I remember Resonating Gale used to be a multi-power breaker.
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I guess I'm confused. Block counter is an important part of this revamp, but it doesn't feel like there is enough damage prevented. Do you have any suggestions for testing this?
  19. L T Devoted Player

The idea is that Ice should play like Atomic does on live-- where you're blocking only to get counters in and not as a survival method. The difference between blocking and now with Ice Armor should be 0 or exactly what Fortified Blocking gives you if things are working like that.

Defense seems about twice as effective on test as it is on live. It still scales with CR-- meaning that at CR1 500 Defense might mean 25% less damage but at CR9 500 Defense will only give 15% lower damage coming in. I'm still working out the math. I wish they'd just give you the number like they do with power cost.
    • Like x 1
  20. Black Jaq Devoted Player

It's very difficult because you activate the shield with the buff. But the Minos and Cyclops in Typhon usually lunge. So I stay in block. Block counter seems to do a lot of damage so getting sample sizes and not having someone come by and kill things is hard. Part of what I was trying to determine was if Fortified Blocking was even worth it for a tank. But I guess since they have devalued some of the benefits of the mods, I probably have my answer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.