Stats Revamp 1.3 - Ice Feedback!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moja Developer

No. Each Shield has its own damage absorption based on a number of factors including cost, cooldown, and split effects. The absorption will always been some multiplier of those ratios though (Base Shield Multiplier), so it may be 0.5x that amount, or 2x, or 1.32349783428x. It just depends on the other properties of the shield. This is why Shatter Restraints is a weaker shield than Winter Ward, for instance.
    • Like x 1
  2. Maxwill Committed Player

That's too confusing and annoying and frustrating because we've got used to shields absorbing a specific amount of resto + dominance and now you change it... Please make it so all tank shields absorb a specific amount of restoration+ dominance .

For many years we have it that all shields except reflection absorb 100% of dominance +100 of restoration. We want to keep it that way.

Why don't you tell us the numbers, the formula and be specific so we can test and see it it works as intended?
    • Like x 2
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Damage Cap = Base Percent Modifier * ((112.5% * resto) + (150% * dom))

For the purposes of this example, I'll use CR 177 Damage gear.
    Resto: 8072
    Dominance: 142

In this example:
    Damage Cap = Base Percent Modifier * ((112.5% * resto) + (150% * dom))
    Damage Cap = Base Percent Modifier * ((112.5% * 8420) + (150% * 142))
    Damage Cap = Base Percent Modifier * (9472 + 213)
    Damage Cap = Base Percent Modifier * (9685)

Each shield has its own base percent modifier. The game doesn't tell you what it is, but you can figure it out by finding the Damage Cap.

Here are the Damage caps for Ice's shields using the gear from above.
    Reflection: 4915
    Shatter Restraints: 1713
    Winter Ward: 9263

You can find the Damage Cap numbers by recording total damage absorbed while in combat.

So if you divide the Damage Caps by 9685, you end up with:
    Reflection: ~50.75%
    Shatter Restraints: ~17.69%
    Winter Ward: ~95.64%

With the way shields work now, your Resto and Dom influence your maximum damage cap. The shielding power applies a modifier. The higher the shielding cost, the better the modifier usually is. If the power has any perks like a group immunity, that will lower the modifier.

I agree this is all very opaque and the game should display the base shielding percentages. Base shield percentages should not be a surprise.

EDIT:
    You can find the formula by expanding the Dominance tab under the Stats screen.
    • Like x 5
  4. Maxwill Committed Player

Thanks for the reply, I need some hours to digest this and to take some deep breaths...
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Wow, this post is a mathematical and gaming masterpiece. :D
  6. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Yeah, some guys love that stuff.
    I play other games with players that love spreadsheets. :D
  7. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

Yea, math isn't that hard, just formulas that you need to memorize. Plus its useful for finding information like stated above. But anyways, I think the revamp is finally headed in the right direction, especially when I can now run the Hades duo at cr 176 with a cr 166 tank (yes I'm referring to this morning Isabel lol) with no wipes. Now we know that the content can be done while at minimum 's and right at suggested 's with no help from higher levels or being carried at all (an example of this would be the flash museum duo which is pretty rough on anyone a recommended rating and harsh on those under it).
    Although I would still like to see the changes I talked about on Frost Blast over on page 1 (the nice long one, not the first one I posted). Other than Frost Blast, great job with Ice so far guys, keep it up.
    Edit: dumb auto correct. Sabel is what I meant.
    • Like x 1
  8. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

For the record...... Ice is looking really good. The new ice armor looks great too.

The only issue I really have ATM is with Ice elemental. The animation is cool but it just takes way too long to switch and then trying to use another power right after changing.
    It's like this when in the middle of a boss fight or a bagillion adds

clk switch to ice elemental clk clk cllk clk clk clk clk clk...still changing clk clkc clk clk..ahhhh LOL ...
    finally changes clk power nothing clk clk clk clk clk

Run a few duos at CR trying using ice elemental in the middle of a mob or on the bosses and you will understand what I am saying.

Maybe you remedy that by making the ice elemental animation change a knock back like explosive block or something. That way we could still have the cool animation without hurting the speed of the game.
  9. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Ive posted about Frost Blast a while ago but nobody seemed to care. That power needs a fine polishing touches but priority should be the 3s cooldown getting completely removed. Frost Blast is long range Arctic Gust's alternative, it shouldnt have any cooldown.

Also, I dont understand Resonating Gate.
    Is tool tip misleading or the "pulling enemies in" effect is bugged/missing ?
    • Like x 1
  10. L T Devoted Player

I think resonating gale works like Quantum's Singularity -- It draws nearby targets closer to whatever target it hits. It was working well enough in the first few iterations but I didn't get to test it in 1.3a (or whatever we called that last go-around)
  11. Maxwill Committed Player

So atomic gets a 25% defense buff more than ice...

Heals himself while deals damage...Oh and has a power that works as 360 degrees and while doing damage he can pull enemies around him...Also has 2 other powers that can heal himself.So spam combos + other 2 powers that can heal him atomic tank.

Gets a damage absorption aura too...

And what ice tank gets?

25% less defense

nerfed shields...

1 shield less...

and I'm pretty sure the pull (Inescapable Storm) has smaller range now...

So atomic tank gets some love while ice tank gets some hate, does that seem, feel fair to you Moja? I doesn't seem nor feel fair to me , considering that I play this game for more than 5 years(3 years ice tank/dps, atomic tank/dps since it came out) ... we've been through alot of frustration in this game and you just added more.Are you sure 100% you want to do that?If you release that live we'll have 4 options : 1) keep playing ice tank like that . 2) change to atomic . 3) play another powerset/role . 4) quit the game .

So what are you going to do about it Moja?
    • Like x 2
  12. The Anxient Loyal Player

Ice has 3 shields that absorb all damage until they break, ice armor got a buff, and doesn't have to waste sp mods buff soders to get more power. Ice can spec directly into defense, dom, resto, and health.
    • Like x 2
  13. Maxwill Committed Player

Shields are weaker...I don't know how ice tanks will survive alot of damage from many adds or big bosses like GOM elite 1st, 2nd and last boss, SM high rounds...Ice armor got a buff?What kind of buff ? be more specific please. And Ice tanks will not need to get sp for power but that doesn't matter for atomic tanks coz they'll be playing with a troller or maybe even 2 in a raid.So atomic tanks won't need to get power from sp, mods.And yeah ice will need alot of sp for defense ( atomic doesn't really need that) + for dominance (atomic will need that) + restoration (atomic will not need that) + health ( atomic might need that). So who will need most SP ice or atomic ?Well without a question ICE TANKS WILL NEED MOST SP.
  14. The Anxient Loyal Player

Forgot that you know everything about everything but Ice is the stronger of the two on test
  15. Maxwill Committed Player

I don't know everything about anything.I just know alot of things about ice, atomic and some other powersets coz I've tried them all.Some of them I play them very well ,some of them less.And you're just saying nonsene , you're not convincing anyone, without arguements, just speaking generally...
  16. The Anxient Loyal Player

K
  17. Trexlight Devoted Player

I feel youre complaining just to complain at this point. You are comparing 2 Tanks and their Uniqueness AS Tanks and calling for unfair? Ice has 3 Shields which are stronger per Penryn's post showing the % numbers and formulas. Atomic has Damage Absorption which is also taken a bit away from its Defense and has a lower Defense than Ice (if I recall the new changes correctly). Atomic also has Self Heals in order to keep the Aura, which is its Uniqueness, up at all times. Similar to how Ice must use a Shield Ability to keep Ice Armor up.

So far Ice has gotten more Love whereas Atomic has been trying to find its groove. Its getting closer but more work is to be done. Ice is still the #1 Tank so far.
    • Like x 4
  18. Nemesir Well-Known Player

Some people are just posting here to derail and obstruct tests on certain power thinking that they can persuade the Developers to do this and that so they can have their way here on test and buff their current power they also have on live server.

I know you ingame on live server coz u used to be in Solo Elite PC League with me. I know how you play and i know your main, which is Ice.

Please do not compare Ice to Atomic and vice versa and complain using Atomic coz those are two different powers with different Tanking mechanics and gameplay style.
  19. Maxwill Committed Player

1st. Some people are just posting here to derail and obstruct tests on certain power thinking that they can persuade the Developers to do this and that so they can have their way here on test and buff their current power they also have on live server.

That's what trexlight and some others are doing with atomic .

2nd. It's not wise to say someone just because you know some things about him ingame.You maybe know how I play( trying to make the best of some powers,roles).

3rd.I am comparing them because all of tanks have specific mechanics/things to do , stay alive, pull/keep agro, do some damage .

For those 3 atomic is better coz he does all those 3 by spamming combos ,he might need abit more power but he's alot more effective.
    Don't get me wrong, I like what they've done with atomic, good job , but I don't like at all what they've done with ice, they can do alot better.
    • Like x 1
  20. LanternEX Level 30

Not sure if its being fixed but i can never use Ice Elemental, 75% of the time it glitches and wont let me use any powers or switch back to normal.

I know its been reported, id just like to address it again lol
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.