Stats Revamp 1.3: Electricity

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockdaddy099 Level 30

We'll I am not a tester, so if you want to just ignore me that's fine. I'm hearing a lot of talk about burst damage or DOT damage for Electricity. Well I have a Electric toon and have had for a while now and anyone that does have a electric toon will understand this. With electricity in high tier content i.e. solos, duos, or raids at which you start running at a lower CR or lower stats until you have new set of gear. It is pretty nerve racking trying to throw up three DOT's that don't tick off very much damage and then spam weapons combos and still feel under par. Example when first going into the sewers in Typoon's monster Invasion I got destroyed even with backup, sodas, supply drops. Wasn't until after I had raised my CR (being carried) that I could feel effective but still behind on damage out, I have always struggled with electric DPS'ing in higher content. After some conversations with other players it sounds like nature is the same and this is a well known fact. Back on topic, personally I don't care if the power is burst or DOT damage but if it stays DOT can we atleast make the amount of damage out that is possible on scale with the other powersets in the end I would hope that this is what everyone wants. I have literally been kicked out of groups because I was electric dps this should not be that I am limited to play one role because people know that the damage out isn't there for electric and nature. I am a huge fan of starting the game over with no AM/WM because now everyone has a learning period again not just the same loadouts and boring play. Been reading forums daily to see which way the testers are shaping the game based on there feedback and it seems people are getting of track on electricity anyways, (WE JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO DO DAMAGE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE). Please make this Viable and you got my praise love this power just want to make less like pulling teeth to compete, thanks if you read this
  2. L T Devoted Player

That's a fair point. Still I'm not sure which ability would be used and what DOT it would work on given the structure of things on test
  3. Karasawa Loyal Player

You'll be happy to know that Electricity will no longer have these problems after the stat revamp. It has ways to keep up without using dots so you can decide when and where you do actually want to use them.
    • Like x 1
  4. Karasawa Loyal Player

Guys you can't make dots be better than burst at burst damage. You're asking for the best of both worlds now by wanting one button that would instantaneously put 5 dots at once on a new target. Think about how ridiculous that sounds.

The way to compete with burst is... to use burst. That is the solution. Use dots and burst where appropriate and when the situation calls for it.
    • Like x 3
  5. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

The thread is getting completely derailed with the dot refresh talk. It would be nice if dev come in and said yes, no, maybe then deleted all the comments that are unnecessary.
    • Like x 5
  6. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  7. Rockdaddy099 Level 30

That's all I ever wanted glad to see its coming
  8. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Bro where are you gettin this from that you'd be pressing 1 button over and over.. What youre referring to is ELECTRO CHARGE PI.. thats not coming back, and thats not what im asking for.. You still have to recast ALL of your DOTS over.. V-bolt would be able to cast on newer enemies.. Thats all im saying.. You still have to cast E-gen, And Tesla, etc.. Not just 1 button like youre making it out to be.
    • Like x 1
  9. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

I think youre misinterpreting what people are asking for.. We are NOT asking for a 1 button spam, we are asking for a shorter cooldown on VBOLT to spread to newer enemies...
  10. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Solution to BURST is to have DOTS after PI setup to GIVE BURST DOTS.. similar to TESLA.. Not to burst...
  11. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Alright so for Electric:

I'm so glad to see this power went from absolute garbage to absolutely flexible.
    Not only can you play it with dots but with burst, a mix of both PI's, independent of PI, weapon only, and play from the tray.
    Is it perfect? No but it's very versatile which is fine by me.

Picking up from the refresh, the only thing awkward about Electric DPS is the inability to clip certain powers like Repulse, Overcharge and Spark Barrage... again a dovetail problem.
    Other than those things mentioned, Electric is indeed a top dps and yes you can use weapon mastery in junction to the Dots and burst. It's just Sorcery's fury that's OP.

In regards to weapons and refreshing dots:
    For Electricity there's been talk of Refreshing dots and spreading the PI to make them compete at a high level. While that might be needed, Wired itself would have to apply the Electrified PI or Polarized PI to help set up that refresh while still giving more options to boost the effectiveness of dots running.
    OR
    you could give Wired a proc to boost the all weapon playstyle.
    No Might Proc but a Precision Proc

My personal opinion:
    I wouldn't mind a refresh. It definitely would give Electricity dots that boost to do better, but I don't want Electric to be limited to just that. Either way, can't do one without the other.
    Plus the wired idea would make battle healing so much better.

Ionic Drain. I get this is a battle heal ability but goodness.. single target in healer role?! The live animation serves Electric Healing better.
    I still would love to see this either bursty or like Invocation of Renewal but it's not needed.

Electroburst is only working 10% of the time. Fix it please ^.^
    Invigorate needs a buff if it's going to be a 100% supercharge.

Anyway. I'm done for this round.
    Will be back when Celestial Fire and Quantum are on test
    • Like x 1
  12. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I don't know how this is so hard for people to understand we've been battling with setup times, dots vs burst for years now its real simple and most is just plain common sense.

So dots will never be as good on things like adds as burst will and thats fine, but cooldowns should allow a player to use dots on adds if they desire and i hope that gets changed but your best option on adds will always be burst and i'm happy this update gives you viable options for burst.

Next, dots should be slightly better on bosses cause its damage over time and thats where its meant to excel (Each playstyle should have its place just like burst on adds is better then dots. I don't want a this loadout is the one i use for everywhere type of game like we have now i want variety in what i use and where. I don't mean i want things to be way better in different situation but i would like one to slightly edge out to give us that variety like we had back before WM) but this is where the v-bolt refresh/spreader comes in. If a player has to keep setting up all his dots/pi's over and over he might as well just use burst cause hes spending more time setting things up then doing worth while damage. There also will come times where your powers could be on cooldown and then you can't apply your dots because of that and thats another reason the refresh/spreader is good. Being able to refresh and spread dots and your pi in one move is key to keeping pace with other powers. You would not refresh electrocute i'd like to keep it similar to how it is on live if implemented but with improvements like spreading the egen dot unlike it does on live. Not spreading egen and only refreshing it is one of the downfalls and another reason elec suffers on live.

Common sense here, if a guy is just setting up dots over and over and only getting in one or 2 bursts every now and then the guy constantly hammering away with burst is going to do better. but if you make to where dot setup only takes two powers once you get going (1) v-bolt and (2) electrocute that puts them on a much more even scale then setting up 3 dots and a pi then getting to do a burst or two then doing that entire setup over again.

Two things can happen here either you can increase the dot damage to account for that time spent casting dots that do no burst or initial damage or you can have a refresh/spreader. I go for the refresh/spreader cause it just simply makes playing dots more efficient and less frustrating when new adds join a fight and you actually get to put in work not just setup things over and over. Now if dot damage is upped to help accommodate for the constant setting up then dots can easily tip the scales using a combo of burst and dots and become a little to good or possibly just become to good all together taking away variety from other methods of play and thats why i'm not really in favor of upping dot damage.

I'm pretty much done arguing cause i don't want to fill this thread up with anymore of this and some people just don't see the end game or how to balance things but hey thats what i should expect when commenting on here. The devs can read my post and make their own decisions.

This is also a prime example of why more good players don't come to the forums in times like these and its cause the usual forum junkies jump all people when they start talking common sense and logic. So many updates and powers have been ruined cause of the bad feedback people give on here. Not to sound all high and mighty but every time i have ever been in a DM with a dev or my feedback has been taken its been a win, but then theres times like this where we've been down this road about setups and things of this nature and people fight me and others that have the same idea only to get our ideas over looked cause you guys threw a temper tantrum cause you want or think your right but in the end it always comes back to hey that didn't work out or thats unbalanced and me and the few others are over here like "i told you so" I really wish they would cut down on how anyone could just jump on test and put in their feedback whether they have a good knowledge of how things work or not. The game and updates like this will always be so hard and messed up cause of these things :(

EDIT: And just to clarify on my whole refresh/spread thing i would like v-bolt to not be a dot i would like it to create a dot if the target is electrified like it is on live and then spread that dot and pi. I like that approach cause it keeps things different in terms or pi's and dots. Also i would like v-bolt it to refresh and spread egen as well and have a low cooldown so it can be used when necessary. I put this in a earlier post but just thought i'd out it here for clarification and if someone missed the other post. It would also be great it wired could get its electrifying capabilities back as that would open more possible loadouts.
    • Like x 2
  13. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Im a bit thorn between 2 things when it comes to Nature and Electricity.

1. I think that multiple 12 sec DoTs would have been great with Refreshing. Like how they are now at Live Server but just the concept not the actual damage(cause full strength DoTs have very too low base damage Live).
    2. Without the Refreshing/Spreading mechanic Id rather have just one main 12 sec DoT and additional burst+short DoT other abilities to compliment it.
  14. L T Devoted Player

I think you could just shorten the cool down of Electrogenesis without making it overpowered, as long as it only refreshed the DOT or moved it to your current target. Electrocute I think is what it is.

As far as having just one main 12 sec DOT and additional burst + short DOT abilities... You can easily build a load out like that on Test right now.
  15. VioletSorceress Committed Player

It wouldnt be so much of an refreshing but more like overwriting your own DoTs. If that is the case, Electrogenesis' cooldown can be removed completely.

As for burst+dot abilities, this was more directed about VoltaicBolt and EBomb. Wouldnt it be better for these to be with 6 sec cooldown even if damage is reduced? Like at Live Server, 12345 AMs can use their main hitter every 6 secs which gives them nicer pace.
  16. Fies Committed Player

Good question that has been discussed to death (at least) ever since GU50 :) But are we balancing "Burst" to be effective on bosses OR adds? Also does it really matter all that much which (1) button is used to clip the generic Solar Flare?
  17. Karasawa Loyal Player

Yes, it does matter. No one wants one hit wonders. No one wants one weapon to rule them all. Maybe it's inevitable that one comes out on top but I'm still going to complain about it.
    • Like x 1
  18. FOSTEUR New Player

;) Gonna be fun
  19. krytine Loyal Player

I still feel electroburst should have the burst and dot damage in it
  20. Trexlight Devoted Player

loadout:
    Bioelectric Surge, Electroburst, Bio-Capacitor, Flux, Electrogenesis, Group Transducer (Supercharge)

Spec: (also found at beginning of video)
    20% Crit Healing Chance
    40% Crit Healing magnitude
    17735 Health
    19729 Power (w/ 50 Skill Points in the Power Innate)
    11677 Restoration (w/ 68 Skill Points in the Resto Stat Innate)

So in this run, I decided to try out Electroburst instead of Galvanize thanks to the new update. I gotta say, i wasn't impressed by it. Now part of that IS TOTALLY my fault because I used it when I didnt really need to and I completely take that blame. Now the times I did use it, I felt like it missed a few times. In one example after the Athena fight we were clearing trash and The Ork took some damage and I kept using Electroburst but his health stayed the same until i moved away a bit and then he got it. Is E-Burst having a distance issue with healing?

I switched back to Galvanize afterwards before the Hecate fight because i didnt see E-Burst being effective. I will go back though and give it another try through the whole instance to get a better reference. Again, I do know I screwed up a bit using it when i didnt need at time but it just feels inconsistent.

Also, healing an Atomic Tank, not fun and stressful lol My tank knew what she was doing but as pertaining to my own Atomic Feedback I gave, it just wasnt working.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.