Stats Revamp 1.3: Electricity

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Realsaiyin Active Player

I really don't know electricity because I never made a toon on live and I didn't test it a lot also. But from what I'm reading, wouldn't it work if the refresher can be used only 3 times?
    For example, you go to a group of 3 adds, set up dots, then use burst damage, if you didn't kill them by then, refresh and use burst again, then they get killed.
    After that you enter the boss fight, you setup dots, then do burst damage, refresh dots and do burst damage (repeat three times). After that the refresh doesn't do anything, you have to setup dots again.
  2. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Using a dot focused loadout the refresh is a good thing cause then you can spend time doing burst abilities after setup instead of so much setup, but for a burst focused loadout with just electrocute then something like that isn't needed. I'd like both types of play to be just a viable and right now the burst is better then dots cause of setups.

And to the guy that says i want to later exploit things lol common man thats not my intent at all. I just want a true dot focused loadout to be good. If you can't look back at how the power suffered before the refresh and test it out now with no refresh vs burst and just electrocute and see the difference i don't know what to tell you guys.
    • Like x 2
  3. Karasawa Loyal Player

I have seen zero evidence that there's anything wrong with Electricity or it's setup time on Test. As far as I'm concerned people are only talking about refreshing dots because they think it's cool. This is just making me even more sure that I am completely against it.
    • Like x 3
  4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Give me some evidence that says it fine without it, i could argue the same thing. I guess we won't really see how a more burst vs a dot playstyle pans out till we get to doing some balance testing.
    • Like x 1
  5. Karasawa Loyal Player

Lol, no. You're the one asking for a change. I'm not about to prove a negative for you. Seriously, if you want to change something then stop being lazy and do some actual testing. Prove your point with evidence.
    • Like x 3
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

If you know who i am you know i test the everliving crap out of things and thats why im saying the things i am. I've put plenty of hours in testing electric. All i have is raid runs where i did better using certain things over others and some other random test to try and get some more concrete data but theres lots of variables like who your running with and what powers others are using but it was clear running 3 dots i always ended up doing worse then when using a more burst focused loadout and thats clearly cause of setup times and also cooldowns. I have some data sheets recorded in the vids as well. I will post them on my channel and put the links up here for you guys to see.

When we get some testing dummies it will be very easy to where things stand right now things just aren't the ideal situation i'm looking for for the best testing and narrowing each thing down perfectly but you get a good idea.
    • Like x 1
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The purpose of this stats revamp the way I'm seeing it is to open variety to play style, not be stuck with that one cookie cutter rotation to get the most out of your power, I agree with you, dot refreshment would be an amazing idea and definitely help tip the scales.....
    If AMs were still a thing.

People should be able to fabricate their own loadout without having to worry about falling behind too much on damage. Not saying each loadout should have the same potential, that's just not possible, but each loadout should have a minimal difference to where people can use what they want and not have to worry about falling behind too much and still enjoying themselves. Adding a dot refresher will counteract that stability and force people back into that one cookie cutter rotation to be effective in damage, especially in instances with long, dragged out boss fights such as SM. The difference between the guy using the refresher and the guy recasting all his dots would be tremendous, bringing us right back to the state we're currently in with AMs.

You should be asking for dots to hit harder to make up for the fact we have to recast them, not introducing a whole new mechanic that would potentially throw off any sense of balance that the revamp is trying to achieve. It would be counter productive to development efforts as well as everyone doing the testing. What's the point of testing multiple loadouts and powers when you know one has an extraordinary amount of potential over any other?
    • Like x 4
  8. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I get where your coming from its just my opinion on how dots should work to make that playstyle most efficient. I'm just putting it here for the devs to possibly consider but you have people that have a grudge against me so they just keep on hammering away at me just cause they don't like me.

You can still have the refresh and a more burst loadout and still have variety. Even when the refresh was on live there was still times i would choose to only use electrocute cause of the situation so having the refresh isn't the end all be all dot loadout but it long fights that would be the way to go but like we both agree theres always a better loadout for different situations. And don't even talk about variety and this update lol. Sure its better then AMs and WM but i'd hardly call what they have done to the powers variety. Test server is a dot a few bursts and solar flame universe and the only real difference between powers is colors.
    • Like x 1
  9. krytine Loyal Player

Wait at luanch each of these powers o3ned the dps board each one. Then they were nerfed then buffed then nerfed then changed the nerfed. Most of this work is actually restoring most of electrics original formate. I still think ionic drian needs to be changed for animation and eburst to have a burst and dot combo on electrified enemies and to have the hot in healer role but for the most part i like most of the changes back
    • Like x 2
  10. krytine Loyal Player

Most players want it eaier and easier
  11. Fies Committed Player

A "dot-refresher" shouldnt do much harm as along as its functionallity is limited to refreshing dots. It takes 1 of 6 precious loadout-spots and can be adjusted by an appropriate cooldown. Imo its needed to make dots "competitive" but I ll refrain from forming a final opinion for now.
    Regarding the whole "variety" bickering... there ll absolutely be "best" cookie-cutter loadouts + weapon choices no matter what.
    Also you ll still double/triple/whatever certain players in DMG- not bc you are that good- its bc they are just bad. Same as right now btw. Expecting someone who cant even properly execute a generic predefined AM rotation to magically "keep up" under the new playstyle is asinine. Just random queue any LPvE to see for yourself...;)
    • Like x 1
  12. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Well said. I would take more bursty dots over a dot refresh any day of the week. It gives you the player more control over when you cast, you damage potential, and your loadout. Plus it has already been proven very well on live with the AM's that the current Dot refresh fails epically. Even when Electric was on par with the other powers when it first got its AM it still fell behind because of how the Dots worked. People can argue until the sun goes out but it will not change the simple fact that it has already failed and this revamp needs to fix it. If the devs choose to put a refresh back into the game later on AFTER they get the big revamp done and all the powers balanced fine but they have enough on their plate with what they are trying to get done now and trying to balance Dot refresh on top of PftT, Weapons only, and Power/weapon combo is enough.
    • Like x 4
  13. SkullGang Devoted Player

People still fighting for dot refreshing ? Leave it in the past man it will only make balancing more of a nuisance.
    • Like x 3
  14. krytine Loyal Player

I am in agreement with you wnd thwnks for the good input
    • Like x 1
  15. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

I think this will be a fatal mistake (no pun intended) down the stretch. The devs said they are aiming for 5-1-1-1. Picture this. You are in a raid. The adds die while your dot's have 5 seconds left on cooldown and you start the next wave of adds. You immediately fall behind in damage. This is why a refresh is needed.
  16. L T Devoted Player

AMs have always been a thing, and always will be. Combos and Pets haven't gone away. You all can disagree with me on that... But if you do you're wrong ;)

What has gone away is power return and increased damage-- and based on Sorcery's current state on test, the damage part is debatable.

On DOT refreshing I'm torn. Crappy makes a compelling case for the historical need for it... But there seems to be a real lack of understanding for what Electric actually is on test now in this thread. DOTs ARE DIFFERENT ON TEST. There's been mention of refreshing the electrified DOT... But that doesn't exist on test. Voltaic Bolt does a burst that's roughly 5x what it is on Live and adds a DOT whether the target is electrified or not. Tesla Ball and Electrostatic Bomb are short -- three ticks-- and more of a fractured burst than a DOT. Electrogenesis and Electrocute are the only true pure DOTs on test right now. So the question is, which DOTs get refreshed? You could make Electrogenesis refresh itself just by shortening the cool down-- which actually seems like a half decent idea.

Given Voltaic Bolt's strong burst up front it feels like Electric's best offensive power right now and I wouldn't want it changed.

However given that DOTs are a thing again for Electric one thing I'd really like is for Wired to make weapon attacks spread the Electrified PI again.
    • Like x 1
  17. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

Refreshing adds is not just about setup time. One of the reasons electricity is trash on live is because cooldowns. When moving from one group of adds to another, a lot of dot moves are still on cooldown which leads to less damage. Let's not repeat the same key mistakes after 2 years.
  18. L T Devoted Player

In that case a refresh wouldn't help, because the adds that had the DOT are dead, so there's no longer and DOT to refresh.
    • Like x 5
  19. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

Refreshing dot saves the cooldowns of other moves to help the transition from one set of adds to the other. Refresh the adds with the dots already on them to to extend the time while saving your other cooldowns for the next set of adds. Otherwise watch dots fall to burst yet again.
    • Like x 2
  20. Trexlight Devoted Player

So now we have an issue then. Are we balancing DoTs to be effective on Adds or on Bosses? The refresher sounds it would be useful on Adds as you posted in your example but on Bosses, it would just be spamming that one button to refresh DoTs and ignoring the rest of your loadout.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.