Stats Revamp 1.3: Electricity

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

Wasn't U32 before U36 when we got WM which was long before we got AM?

Also, old school Electricity had two bursts with DoTs from VB and Electroburst.
    • Like x 1
  2. Karasawa Loyal Player

The base damage of the burst components of old Volatic Bolt and Electroburst were roughly half the strength of Psychic Shock, Frost Snipe, or Gravity Bomb with PIs active. In other words, they were crap.
  3. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Old school elec had burst options what are you talking about? push, shock wave, overcharge (before it was broke) arch lighting. There was plenty of burst options if you knew what and when to use things. Even Ebomb was cool with some builds.

Sure dot powers won't beat burst after everyone is fully geared but they should be equal on bosses but without the refresh dot powers even fall behind there cause of constant setup.

In order for the dot powers to stay competitive damage wise the refresh is essential and also having short cooldowns on powers that apply dots so they are always ready to use is another big thing.

You might not like it and disagree but these things are facts as we have seen in the past, and yea i know harvest only refreshed on multiple targets if you switched targets up until GU32 or 33 but i was just stating that the refresh was always there and i think i did also mention that nature didn't get competitive until it was changed to refresh on single target in one of my posts. Stop trying to alway seem like your correcting me or i don't know what i'm talking about by taking things out of context i'm getting pretty tired of that.

Edit: Also electrics v-bolt refresh was added in GU38 not in GU50 or when AM's where added. Its was a essential change that really helped out electric.
    • Like x 3
  4. Karasawa Loyal Player

Static Push, Shockwave, Arc Lightning, and especially Overcharge all did crap base damage back then. Tesla Blast was actually Electricity's best burst damage and it still didn't do as much as a good Psychic Shock. I would have killed for a Gauss Grenade back then. In fact, this was a problem with all Healer powersets as Sorc and Nature also lacked high burst damage until their respective power revamps. I know this because I switched between all 3 Healer powers a lot back then and it was a constant frustration for me when DPSing.

And did you really just tell me to *not* give correct information? Come on man.
    • Like x 1
  5. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

No, he said stop taking his words out of context to make it look like you're correcting him. Kinda like with what you did just now.
    • Like x 1
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Ok how about this for correct info.. Electrics v-bolt refresh was added in GU38 not when AM's where added. AM's where added in i think GU40, and that was gadgets. Also like i said in my post i was just stating that the refresh was there all along and i have mentioned in past posts how it was changed and the benefits from it.

And as for shockwave that was always one of your go to moves, not sure how you played elec back then but there was some decent burst options to compliment your dots.

Edit: Oh and i take back gadgets being the first AM cause i guess fire was but it was terrible lol and i think that was a update before, but gadgets was the first real AM. Regardless of when AMs were added V-bolts refresh is not a AM thing it was just a improvement made to the power to make it more efficient like nature.

But enough arguing, I still stand by my points on cooldowns and the refresh.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mystere Well-Known Player

There are two trees, electric and polar. I see no reason why one tree can't be dot focused and the other not. You can pick and choose what you want. I don't run from all things AM. Plenty of players like, they just wanted it balanced. You don't like AM fine, don't use it.
    • Like x 1
  8. Black Jaq Devoted Player

phase dodge use was rampant
    • Like x 5
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

Im okay with that cause thats how i see the two PIs. AMs really did need to be adjusted and reworked a bit but Im also okay with them being gone. Some were boring, some were not. Some worked, some didnt. Im just saying Voltaic Bolt doesnt need to refresh DoTs. It'll take away the choice of the loadout for the player making it the staple and over powered. Refreshing DoTs is simple right now, just recast it and done.
    • Like x 4
  10. Karasawa Loyal Player

I didn't use his words at all. I provided information that he either purposely left out or did not know. It's not my fault that either possibility implies that he was being misleading.
    GU38 was when they added the dot AMs.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...e-update-38-june-30-2014.209725/#post-2630829

Let's get back on topic. Why do you need Voltaic Bolt to refresh dots right now? Are you saying Electricity is underperforming on Test? Or are you saying it's just fun and you like it?

If it's the former I will disagree. Electricity is very competitive on Test right now. It's a complete power, finally. If it's the latter, then I'll agree; refreshing dots can be pretty fun. However, it needs to be balanced and not boring. I'm open to discussing ways to make it so.
    • Like x 2
  11. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

The thing with having to recast dots all the time is you never get to do and real burst damage cause the majority or your time is taken up setting up dots. Another thing is dots do no initial damage so its a slow way of dealing damage. The thing that makes up for that loss in dps during the setup time is that you can refresh your dots and then be able to do your burst damage.

I thought my prior post have explained all these things so i'm not sure how you and a few others don't understand this when its pretty simple stuff.
    • Like x 2
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Now hold on there, Trex. Refer to Avair's post if you will, Damage Over-time is supposed to be a Viable playstyle by it's self. In this case; I wouldn't mind seeing Harvest and V-bolt refresh the damage over-time, so long as they balance it.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/stats-revamp-1-3.283783/

"The Future

We have spoken for a while about how this update will allow us to expand into the future and will give you more options. Well, one of the major choices that we are giving you is the functionality to choose between different playstyles and have these playstyles be supported by the dev team. When I say supported, I mean that we will make items for them, make sure they have similar outputs, and are engaging. I want to take a second to point out some stubs we are putting in right now that we can build on in the future after our changes. All of these are specialized playstyles, btw (again, meaning you will have to make choices in order to “unlock” playing these). Now, some of these may not work out in the future (I can’t read the future) but we are making steps to make these options for growth. These playstyles are:
    • Supercharge
    • Iconic Powers
    • Proc
    • Melee Weapon
    • Ranged Weapon
    • DoT
    • Burst
    • Pets"
    • Like x 1
  13. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

What u want isnt whats best for the power to compete... you;d only recast on newer enemies.. Like i said it will still maintain 12sec ticks. Youre still not done after that bcuz you still have to stack Egen and ELECTROCUTE, and tesla again.. Its not as easy as youre making it out to be... Take it from someone whose this power MAINLY..
  14. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

On the Vbolt thing that wasn't a AM thing. I didn't remember them saying AM in that update you kinda got me but the AM part the added damage from egen to arch or was it to v bolt. Just like Vine lash to briar thats the so called AM for the dot powers. So the setup was a bit better. V-bolt was being changed from the moment harvest was changed to refresh on single target they where just waiting for the elec update to do it. I'll find the thread if you still want to go at it and DM it to you lol. But hey if a devs wants to speak up and say Vbolt was a AM i'll step back and say i was wrong but from what i remember we talked and i had many DM's with tunso about him implementing that to elec in the next elec update.

And yes electric is a bit weak on test not to bad but not what i would call balanced and it will be worse when things go live and all npc's and things are adjusted correctly and its due to setups. Setups and cooldowns have always been the issue with elecs dots. Same problems different update.
  15. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Refresh will help out.
    I would actually like it if it could refresh.
    Let Vbolt refresh.
    Tesla Ball is fine. Tesla blast could become a cone.

I'm liking electricity as is right now and might just switch my main to electric but it could use a few extra tweaks and then you won't have to touch Electric again.
    It's got burst and dot. Just the dot side is a little behind. Nothing too bad. It has 3 good Supercharges now.
    Just invigorate is needing a bit of love.
    • Like x 1
  16. Karasawa Loyal Player

If you want the option to refresh then I want the option to not have to and still be competitive. I don't want to spend an entire boss fight pressing one button over and over again. The problem is how could I possibly *not* use an ability that refreshes 5 dots at once with one press? If it existed, I would be forced to use it.
    • Like x 3
  17. Trexlight Devoted Player

Well i guess I'll let the Voltaic Bolt refreshers take this victory or whatever. Its your power. Im done beating my head against the wall for something that doesnt need to be so Ill finish my Electric Videos I have recorded and mess around with another Power to give some feedback until Rage comes out. its not worth the round-a-bout when no one provides evidence that it doesnt work and then this is how powers get broken.

Good luck all.
  18. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

V bolt would only refresh egen and the electrified dot nothing else similar to live.
  19. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

There are people on this thread that seems to want things broken to later exploit them on Live.
    • Like x 3
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Funny people want to pull away from the "OP" cookie cutter rotations, but adding a button in that refreshes all of your powers DoTs would be a must for most people and we'd be right back to square one, if you're not using that one button, you'd fall behind on damage. Electric on test is fine damage wise anyway, could use just a power cost reduction across the board cause an effective PFtT loadout is still pretty hard to pull off even with a troll.
    • Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.