Stats Revamp 1.3: Atomic

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L T Devoted Player

I wonder if it would be better if the initial cost of the combo was increased but performing the combo went back to 0 power cost.

Energize is still there, but it's now a 50% supercharge, which makes a world of difference
    • Like x 1
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

That would be interesting to implement and try out for a testing phase to see how it would work.
  3. L T Devoted Player

As far as aura goes, I think we need to look to Ice. Ice armor used to be nearly useless and required 4 chill effects to get. Now it's very strong and you get it by popping any shield. For atomic to be on par you should get aura from density or proton remedy without the need to combo.

I was thinking how sucky that would be even as I typed it. But the tank powers really need to be balanced well or the weaker ones become useless
    • Like x 2
  4. L T Devoted Player

Another difference between Atomic and Ice is that as Ice I can pop a shield and then use weapons to rebuild my power. As Atomic I have to keep up my combos or die-- and I can no longer use them to counter on test.

I think a possible solution is to make combos generate stacking heals over time instead of burst heals like they do now
  5. Karasawa Loyal Player

That's a good point. To be equivalent to Ice now, Atomic would have to be able to get its aura just from casting any ability really.
  6. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I love the atomic ... But if the developers do not rearrange the atomic we return the tank it is, leaving as it is on the test server, I'll probably be back to earth tank ...o_O
  7. krytine Loyal Player

It needs to be reduced to either the 25% or 35%
  8. Karasawa Loyal Player

Damnit, this is what I actually meant to say.
    • Like x 1
  9. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Come on:
    Now that the connection problems have been solved I was able to actually do a real test in the tank.
    (I plan to do it later in DPS).
    I believe that great improvements have been found.
    First:

Aura:
    I felt that the same is now lasting longer, just like on the live server! Allowing us to care less about it and more about our work!
    This is very good! I was really worried about this detail! For the same could kill the atomic tank!

Atomic Reorganization:

He is now perfect! The cooldown time is exactly as it should be from the beginning!
    This way we can do our tank work without worrying about the players dying!

The problems:

Take away the stun of the enemies!

This made the atomic mechanics very difficult, but very difficult!
    Unlike the other tanks that pull enemies to defend themselves, or use shields, we have to be doing combos to maintain our aura and heal us!
    When we pull all the enemies towards us and they are not stunned, they arrive beating, taking our combo, throwing from one side to the other, which causes us to lose our aura, and with this we end up dying.
    If we do this together with a boss it's death right!
    This is why many are feeling the atomic tank weaker relative to the ice!
    If the stun does not come back, the atomic will probably be THE WEAKEST TANK OF THE GAME!
    For he is going to die all the time, because he can not keep alive especially in large crowds!
    What should be the fort of a tank, and that was exactly the strong one of the atomic one and is being killed in this revamp ...:eek:
  10. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Devs ... Are you reading what we're writing here?o_O
  11. Rejoicer1 Well-Known Player

Atomic on live is one of the funest tanks in the game as you can finaly act like a tank in the comics and just jump into the middle of a mob or boss battle and have at it!

DEVS, please DO NOT TAKE AWAY stuns from atomic or at least give us some way to EASILY keep our aura up. Do not take away our FUN! Right now atomic lives and dies by aura => getting combos off easily. Make sure that whatever you do that aura stays up! [radical idea likely not used: in tank mode, aura always up if using a power.]
  12. Rejoicer1 Well-Known Player

Really radical idea [fun for us, but OP] just as controllers now have POT as an innate so they don't constantly have to be mashing buttons for it, make atomic's aura an innate in tank mode. [The atomic tanks will love it, but the rest of the tanks would be green with envy]
  13. spord Developer

Yes
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.