Top Bug - Fixed Stats Lowered After Update

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Mr.W, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Mr.W Committed Player

If this gives any hint as to what's going on with the internal numbers and formulas; (tested in tank role) i start with around 10k less health, then after a pull i loose an additional 4k health.

Maybe there's a negative sign in the wrong place in the formula throwing the stats out of wack?
    • Like x 1
  2. majin goku Level 30

was this fixed
    • Like x 1
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

So... Any updates?
    • Like x 1
  4. Mr.W Committed Player

Not yet, but they have been working hard to solve this issue since the status has changed to confirmed :)
    • Like x 1
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I came here to complain since there was no update news with the server downtime, but they confirmed it so I will sit here calmly and check for updates instead.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We expect to have more to share next week.
    • Like x 5
  7. Mr.W Committed Player

Awesome :)

Thanks again for the hard work & the timely updates.
  8. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

9. stärnbock Devoted Player

wearing tank weapon, neck, rings and pouch for survivability
    (pices that normally have neither defence nor domi in dps role),
    never seamed to make much of a difference to the damage gear.
    well, it is not a big loss of precision and might, even if it doesnt work.
    but the benefit of of both defence and domi is marginal, if even noticeable...
  10. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

No my brother i have actual footage that when you remove 5-6 pieces and drop your gear cr 200 lower and the defense mitigation numbers are still the same.. I am trying to transfer the footage off my PS4 but my external hard drive has to be reformatted when i already have 1TB(out of 5TB) used.. smh FML ill probably have to record it from my phone and then upload here just to save time..
  11. thedemonocus Loyal Player

12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

UPDATE

Many players noticed stats decreased after our latest game update. Here's what happened and how we will fix it.

TL;DR
    • Stats were buffed unintentionally with GU41
    • Stats were nerfed/fixed in the recent update
    • We will restore the lost stats through extra stats on Augments in Episode 42

DETAILS

For Episode 41, we made a change to the way stats are calculated "under the hood." Instead of stats existing as one happy family, they were separated into two happy families.

Why? In preparation for Omnibus and stat scaling, we wanted some stats to always scale, but other stats to "pierce" and get scaled partially or not at all. For example, gear stats always scale, but Skill Points, Artifacts, and more pierce.

This change had an unintended consequence. Multipliers for your stats used to multiply once - all stats were in that one bucket. For example, and these numbers are simplified and made up, buying X skill points gets you 15% more Might. Then, you have 15% more Might. Simple!

With two buckets, those multipliers exist in both at the same time in a multiplicative way. That means when the second bucket got around to its multiplier, it was using the already-increased stats from the first bucket - giving you a small percentage more stats than you should have had.

I don't think anyone noticed this at launch, since your stats race up with new gear and whatnot right away.

This recent update changed the two buckets to be additive - everything is multiplied by whatever percentage correctly in either bucket, then added together. Unfortunately, neither the buff nor the fix/nerf were communicated, and people definitely noticed when their stats dropped. So here we are.

AUGMENT FIX

We investigated many solutions - including just reverting back to the buffed stats, adding passive stats invisibly, and a ton of other things. None of those options are good - they would break how we work internally to account for this increase, and at the very least would mean another pass at NPC stat curves. Hard. Pass.

Instead, we have calculated the maximum stats you could have gained and then lost in this buff/nerf, and we have applied that to your upcoming Episode 42 Augments as a rank 0 buff. (You don't have to level or breakthrough or do anything with your new Augments - just wear them for these extra stats.)

We'll continue this beyond 42, and eventually your stats will naturally have increased to well above what was lost in this fix.

That's a lot of under the hood math. Let us know if you have any questions or comments about this direction.
    • Like x 3
  13. Kestral Committed Player

The only problem I see with this fix is that the current content was balanced based on the buffed stats. So it's going to remain problematic until it goes away. It feels like playing day one without any of the new gear despite having all elite gear and Max OP item.

Also side eyeing the statement about piercing through SP and artifact stats, but I'm going to hope that is specifically talking about Skull (AKA you must block) moves rather then general combat.
    • Like x 3
  14. AV Loyal Player

That won't fix the issue in content outside of the specific episode for which the augs are active. Might be cleaner to adjust the clamp and current-tier balance instead to correct.
    • Like x 4
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

why the episode specific augments and why not the origin augments?
    i would rather like a buff on the second instead of the first option IMO
    shields are weaker now and i think you should readjust the stats now.
    the origin augments are the better option, so we wouldn´t have to wait.
  16. AV Loyal Player

Origin Augs wouldn't correct the discrepancy either unless it was for all stats on all augs, since it's not just our primary stats that were affected.
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

so, do you mean the next episodes augments are going to be buffing all stats at the same time, instead of just the primary stats?
  18. AV Loyal Player

I don't know. Just saying we lost Health, Power, Might, Precision, Vitalization, Restoration, and Dominance (maybe Defense? not sure there) so if the intent is to correct that by adding stats back elsewhere, since clamp was tested/balanced with those stats, w/e solution would have to refund everything we lost.
    • Like x 1
  19. nawanda Loyal Player

How about granting a couple of extra new DLC augments at the start of the episode to each character? Buying augments from the vendor in the early days of a DLC, particularly on alts, is not the use of precious new episode currency I would elect for.
    • Like x 1
  20. Mr.W Committed Player

Will abilities that buff certain stats be compensated by these Augments as well?

I noticed our personal weapon buffs had about an 8% reduction to our total stats precision gain. A roughly 28% reduction of defense gain from neo-venom.

Unfortunately I can't remember the numbers I had from symbols & everyman prototype or the damage increase from buffing supercharges but i would assume maybe those would have followed the same trend as everything else.

Thank you for checking into this & being transparent btw :)
    • Like x 1