Stats clamped concerns... Is content is gonna Resemble LPVE??

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ghost27Xog, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This all hinges on the theory that the new players WANT to have the challenge and WANT to learn a role vs being carried, and that most vets WANT to teach them or participate in tedious runs. From all that I see in game, that's not true. Even your own example above says people don't want to struggle with noobs or teach them. If a healer isn't healing right, or the tank doesn't have a ST pull or whatever it will take just as much time to suggest a few changes in current content as it's going to in old content. Yet even in your own example people go for the kick button first. Maybe that situation will change after this update...maybe it won't.

Time will tell though. I for one will probably never hit that 'quick play' button (ok...I'll hit it ONCE just to see the results), and likely will not queue up for anything that could go south real quick with a bunch of noobs. I don't mind teaching new players how to play (it can be fun actually), but not when it means turning a 10-15 min run into a 60 min + poop fest just to get 10 source I could get running a OW bounty and few dailies I can knock out in 5 min. I'm wagering there are a lot more with that stance than you or DBG is betting on. But we'll see...none of us...not even DBG, have the inside track to how anyone will react once this goes live...other than our own opinion. I know my opinion....you know yours...as of now, that's the only 'facts' either of us have. We'll see how it pans out by year end I'd guess.
    • Like x 5
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That’s the point I was making. People DONT want to teach other players. And new players don’t even get an option to learn. Most players in any MMO will rush to the end game. However most MMOs (the successful ones at least) make players have to contribute with similar systems. Most MMOs make it so their content isn’t trivialized by overleveling. That’s the whole point I’m making. This isn’t about what individual want. But about what the community as a whole need.

As a whole players NEED to know how to play the game if they want to participate in higher tier content. If a player chooses to be a support roles that the player NEEDS to learn the role. If players want SP to matter than they NEED to have to work for it. This is a feature of the game that should’ve been a base function of the game but the devs admitted that they didn’t expect our stats to get to this point.

Players can not complain that their servers have low populations but get mad when the devs try to make changes to increase population. Players can’t say they want SP to matter and expect feats to be easy. Players can’t expect other players to know what to to when they get to endgame but complain when the devs try to make changes to address those issues.

This is an important update that NEEDS to happen for the long term success of the game. It’s not a matter of “well it depends on how they do it” “or it hinges on theories of wants and needs”. It’s a base function that a lot of growing MMOs implement because the game model works.
    • Like x 3
  3. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

Yes, sir Mepps, sir!!!

....just gotta remember how the raid works. Haven't done it in years. XD

I cannot WAIT to go back in there!!! :D
  4. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

DeitySupreme is correct in his assertion. But so is Reinheld in the assertion as to how this works out for the end game players. If end game players aren’t satisfied after experiencing the new changes and Daybreak doesn’t attempt to make an adjustment, they will leave.

We are the customers (Premium players and Members). Customer satisfaction is what keeps customers. If customers feel slighted or otherwise disadvantaged they will take their money elsewhere.

Right now, we have a situation where Daybreak is trying to grow the game and increase its customers. As a result of attracting new customers, they have made the decisions for episode 41. End game customer will be stat clamped. I’m not happy about it but that’s the way it is.

Going forward should CR progression just be stopped at episode 40? I mean like, why, why even work to increase CR its just going to be clamped anyways. Maybe Daybreak has a plan for this as well. I just hope they don’t cause a backlash like World of Warcraft did.
    • Like x 3
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm giving this a like and wrapping up, as again...we don't really know the mindset of the players outside your own mind....but I like the hopeful outlook you are broadcasting...even if I disagree with it.

Sometimes being a realist is a curse. Optimism would be better indeed.:D
    • Like x 3
  6. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Ah, I think it was in a different thread. The crux of it was an almost 3-hour attempt at a last boss feat in CTE with a full 342, high SP group who were all on mic & communicating. It's absurd that that feat is going to now be somehow harder. Overgearing for old feats has always been a nice compromise, one that has been endorsed by devs for a very long time.

Also, the solution for making this optional is very simple:
    -clamped: full rewards
    -un-clamped: no rewards

Make clamped the default but allow pre-made groups to choose un-clamped for feat hunting purposes only.

Everyone wins and the game doesn't alienate players or trivialize their progression.
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Players always say they will leave if they don’t get what they want. If these types of players want to leave than im sure the devs are ok with it.

And who said that progression stops at 40? No dev ever said that. In fact they confirmed the opposite. You still need minimum cr to get into the content. New dlcs will still have new gear and more tiers as well. You still need to progress get new gear if you want to play mew dlcs. I if when new dlcs become clamped you still wouldn’t be able to play them because your cr wouldn’t be high enough to get in.

All this does is makes it so you can’t one shot things. That’s it. If you need to one shot things to beat content or get feats than I don’t know what to say. Dlcs will still be easier for players if they wait for the dlcs to pass. Devs confirmed this.
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

And should no reward include feats? Because that’s a product of running content too.

As for the CTe, which feat? The one that you don’t touch colors? That’s actually an easy feat. We just had people wait outside and 4 man it lol. Everyone took a corner and no one moved. No colors ever touched. I’m not trying to say it’s easy to dismiss you or other who have trouble with it. I’m just pointing out that there are way to get feats like that by thinking outside the box.

If it wasn’t that feat than which one was it?
    • Like x 1
  9. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Obviously it would include feats-- that's the entire premise of my proposal. I thought it was extremely clear from what I posted. Are you intentionally missing my point?

Not the colors feat, it was without killing a certain drone in that lb.

Let me ask you, what would it harm to allow this option?
  10. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Wow, my bad for agreeing with you, I never said I wanted to one shoot anything. Sorry
    • Like x 1
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yes I was aware of what you wanted from it. I said it to bring up a point. But before I continue I just want to make sure I’m not coming off as rude. That’s not my intention and if I do than I do apologize.

The point I’m trying to make is that feats are the main goal when running older content. If players have the option than they would only run old content on easy and then run just 1 raid for marks and that’s it. It would defeat the whole purpose of the update. That’s me included. If a player had the option to run for feats clamped or unclamped they would obviously run unclamped. When I need marks Id look for the easiest/fastest raid to finish and only run that raid to get all the source marks I need. At that point why even have the update? It would just make the game even easier than it is now. Dcuo is one of the easiest MMOs on the market. And this doesn’t change my stance on elite content. I still believe elite content should be hard but not so hard that most players can’t beat them. So this isn’t about an elitist mindset. This is me trying to view it from all sides and points of view.

Feats shouldn’t be trivialized. Content shouldn’t be trivialized. New player experience shouldn’t be trivialized. Will this update chase away some people? Yes I do think it will. That’s unfortunate but it will strengthen the long term foundation for the game.
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Didn’t mean to imply that you said it personally. But a lot of players im general want to be able to go back and do things easily. Some purposely out of feats to do them when they are braindead easy. This isn’t something I’m directing at you or any individual. It’s about part of the community saying this change will ruin dcuo
  13. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

No, it would not invalidate the point.

The point is to get people running old content. Adding back in marks gives old content a point. I would and will happily run old content clamped.

Letting people beef up to make a multi-year old feat more possible is not trivializing a feat in any way. The nature of MMOs is character progression and when that stops feeling like a thing (and it 100% will if feats in say, CTE or MOME become more difficult not less so over time as they should).

What the devs are proposing-- forced stat clamping with no option-- robs people of their progression.
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It doesn’t actually make content harder or stops progression. Stat clamped content will be easier than when it was the top content. You can still wait until after new dlcs come to get better gear and do those older feats. They already confirmed this multiple times. They have stated many many times that you will be above the stat of people who are in that dlcs range. So progression is still a thing. You will still be at a higher stat value than the dlc.
  15. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

CTE will be harder than it is now.

That's halting progression and in fact reversing it.
    • Like x 1
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yes it is going to be harder than it is now. But it’s still going to be easier than when it came out.
  17. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Right which means progression is being halted.
  18. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Make your life easier and stop hating on what is going to happen.
    My biggest concern is that it not be like last time but most of those people are gone......thankfully

What I would do is wait until it hits test and then work with the devs constructively trying to make this the best an as smooth as possible.
    You'll have a lot less stress. I promise
    Or
    You can continue to get worked up over the inevitable and make the transition a PIA for everyone involved.
    But hey that's my opinion.
  19. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Hey, just to be clear-- offering criticism and concerns from the PoV of a day 1 player is not "hating."

I have yet to hear a single person offer a reasonable explanation why having an option to run un-clamped but with no drops would be a bad thing.

Let me say it again:
    -Clamped, the default setting, full drops, source marks, renown and possibility for feats
    -Un-Clamped, an option an entire group must agree on either through a queue option or via an FFE-style difficulty selector, no drops, no marks, no renown but able to earn feats.

There, everyone wins.
    • Like x 2
  20. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

progression will not be halted.
    The last three DLC's. (End game) will not be clamped.

My question to you is......
    Were you running old content daily before this news comes out?
    If not.
    Which I'm willing to bet that you didn't because Q times.

Why are you so against DCUO trying to bring in and retaining new customers?