Stats clamped concerns... Is content is gonna Resemble LPVE??

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ghost27Xog, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Roocck Committed Player

Hmmmm, I wonder how much the population will decrease after stat clamp!!!!!
  2. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I don't know if it'll make for a population drop but non-optional clamping is 100% going to backfire.
    • Like x 1
  3. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Which is why the whole thing is suspect to me, sounds like someone who don't want to put in the work or just see this great massive grind that is really not all that great.
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No, I don't see anything sinister, just short sighted (yeah, the other side can say the same thing). So yes, a bunch of new players will experience some of the content as intended...but they aren't going to run it for months on end...they will progress to the next piece of content after a run or 2 whereas when it was 'new' it was what you ran for a few months as 'top' content...hence it was naturally challenging, not forced. Maybe they are forced to learn some skills along the way, sure... but maybe not. We all know people who were running that stuff at level who couldn't really do the job and got carried. We all know people who run endgame today (maybe not elite) and fit the same bill. And yes, some players who are in favor may really want to get that challenge from an old run...1 time? 2 times? 5 times? If you are running it that much, is it really that challenging? In the meantime, you will be alienating a group of players who DON'T want to drag butt though old content, who were happy to bring others into that content for a quick run or to teach some skills as they knew it was NOT going to take 2 hours to do so and end in a cluster-f.

Again, this might all be over-reaction. We'll see I guess, but no...I doubt there is any really 'suspect' motive.

But I've said my opinion (many times...maybe too many....sorry). It's just wait and see now. I'm trying to get into a good mindset for the change...it's just difficult knowing how the playerbase is.
    • Like x 6
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

This is an argument against players seeking or expecting an ideal or perfect difficulty. I'm only making the case that it'll be better, not perfect.

I agree. I wasn't making a case for or against artifact switching. I'm on PS4 and couldn't really do it efficiently even if I wanted to. I swap out supply drop and orbital in the last utility belt slot but that's only once every 5 minutes if that. I was only stating that it IS a thing now whether we like it or not and that it's a reason why veteran players might need source marks.
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

7. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Nah bro.. I think ppl at the lower levels just care about leveling up as fast as possible to run through more content.. Older content is not for experiences when youre 6-7 Tiers behind the end game players..
    • Like x 1
  8. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I don't really see all that with what I am hearing.

Sure back then some were carried, but not to the level where some may claim.

A lot of times, based of how a person present their case, you'd think that they were soloing content way back then.

To someone who would only see the game from when they started and hear some of the worlds most intelligent story teller, there were multiple people smashing content back then.

2-3 tiers above the content, in the snow.

And doing it in record time.

Hard business going against the grain, raining on others parade, but from what I have heard, most of the people who has a problem right now, would still be in that same content because they could careless about the content or even at least trying to join others.

Naw, I am more like, there needs to be to groups or areas, a 1 shot side and a no 1 shot side.

Really won't matter what they do for loot, someone will complain anyway.

They do need to clamp old content though, if someone wants to solo it for kicks have at, it only shows your patience, faith, and skill.
  9. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Hence the changes and who it would have the most impact for.

I have played this game since T4, completed the batcaves, gates, prime, all the way up to teen titan.

All that content and the source marks in them mean nothing to me, so I wouldn't care to go in none of those areas.

No source marks sink, meaning mainframe and any vendor gear after TT that can be bought for gear, would only be relevant up to where all I need to do is keep my mainframe active.

Where anyone who started after they put newer players on the fast track will still need all that old content and it's crazy, at least to me to hear and see the angst towards the change while also seeing and reading about the low queue into the very area that they actually need and they are the majority.

It would be different if the complaints about people not knowing how to play any role at end game was isolated.

But there are even more now that don't even care to hide that fact than there had ever been even brazen to make things up as they go or try to say the complete history was this way the whole time, without even a question to how they even figured that.

There are some hardcore gamers then there are alts.

The game is built towards alts now so it is faster and simple to an hardcore gamer and out of fear and being strictly the minority, it has even effectively silenced the critique of the game and bent over backwards to maintain the status quo.

Don't get me wrong, can't change now, those who are past it will either get on board or leave, just like those before them.

Others will stick around until they get bored.

Not sure how the majority can say that they even know what the struggle or grind or would like to go back and beast any content that caused the problems, especially if they started after WM was released, the game is not the same.
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I have a question for the people who want optional for feats. I understand that some feats are hard so you want to wait for the raids to get easier to do the feats. Stats clamp is NOT going to put you to the same level as the dlc. This was already confirmed that you will feel powerful without one shotting things. So you will be able to wait and run it when it’s easier.

However, for my question. Why should anyone be allowed to put of a feat until they can one shot things and make he feat be a cakewalk?

I personally do not have all the feats. A lot of the feats im missing are from dlcs that I didn’t play. One of those sets is the darkseid war factory. I still have never went in. Not because I can’t. I just haven’t. The devs gave all of us plenty of time to go out and get these hard feats. So if there is a feat you’re scared you won’t ever get anymore than get those done now. But that doesn’t change the question. Why should we be allowed to trivialize feat into simple one shots. Boss pops dies we get feat. Feats are meant to be challenging and something we work towards. Not things we are handed. People keep screaming that they want sp to matter but they also want to handed feats.

Of course I’d love to keep clearing out maps fast. And yes I like completing feats. But if a feat I missed gets a little harder than so be it. This update isn’t about me.
    • Like x 2
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

The first time that I get ko'd by a Star Sapphire from Episode 12 War of Light Part 2, I am done. This happened to me after the Stats Revamp. I was trying to help an at level league mate get thru the duo. I was at end game then too so that duo was a cake walk for me prior. After Stats Revamp, 3 tries and 3 wipes later I was done. Stats Revamp is what I am basing my concerns on and I'm sure a lot of the other end game players (someone is calling us veterans now, idk) are basing their concerns off of this as well. As I have said before we shall all see and we won't know until then.

But if it does go like the Stats Revamp did, AS A SUBSCRIBING CUSTOMER who pays for yearly membership and buys lots & lots of other things in this game, this time I am done. I'm not a teenager anymore.

As it has been pointed out to me & others all across this Forum, this update is not about end game players, it's about the new and lower CR folks. They don't care to hear our complaints or concerns about anything.

If this goes well, it could revitalize DCUO and maybe even pickup some WoW refugees like FF14 has done. Daybreak wants customers, they want to entice with free to play and hope to make those folks paying customers too. This is the true objective - grow the player base and in doing so grow the CUSTOMER base.

I hope they don't further alienate us high CR subscribing customers. I certainly don't feel welcomed on here anymore. I tend not to stay where I'm not wanted.
    • Like x 1
  12. FrostMighty New Player

I agree people are overthinking the stat clamp system(I heard someone say they need to get the elite feats in RwE before the stat clamp, which makes no sense), but the main issue is finding the people that willing o take on the challenge at content level, I mean even now with old content being fast and easy I see people shouting for 30min to a hour to form groups for those raids , if you make it so it takes even more time... I don't know how many people will be willing to join in.

So I do think it would be nice to say/think "Hey I tried, I didn't get when I get stronger I'll come back and try again" and repeat untill they can do it, which will be a display of how much they progressed.

I just don't get why not make it a option or at least say it isn't that easy to make it as a option but they will add in the future,
    make it so if you do without the stat clamp you get loot locked and with it you don't.

I understand the need/reason for the stat clamp but I doubt forcing it on everyone will make things any better, I would rather find people to run the content and progress even if i don't get to experience it due to people one shoting adds/bosses, than to not even be able to run things or have to wait hours ingame to find a group.
  13. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Take a look at my story about CTE feats earlier in the thread.
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Didn't see anything. Can you quote yourself please?

The issue with making it as an option is that no one will ever run the stats clamp which defeats the purpose of all this. Make it easier for new players to que up while also not letting them get carried. Make it an option and people will still put off feats for years until things are one shot. Then farm one raid for marks. If that's the case than no point to even do this change. Feats are meant to be things you have to work towards not wait 2 years until its brain dead easy and then get it. People can not ask for stats to matter while also wanting feats to be trivialized. Games do not work that way. You want more SP than you have to work for it.

A lot of these harder group feats should require people to look for like minded individuals and even join the same league. Leagues are meant to help each other. This is a team focused game where you need multiple people to do content. That includes feats. I personally want SP to matter. So I have to accept this change.

Stats Revamp was actually important for the survival of the game. AMs almost killed the game. DPS were all copy and paste. Balance was impossible. The devs needed to revert the changes back with Stats Revamp. The stats clamp is mainly focused for new players yes. But it also affects end game players.
    • Like x 1
  15. Mr.W Committed Player

I've already shared the bulk of my opinion on the subject, but it would be nice to have legendary items (like the items of lore in halls of hades or the flame sword in monsters of metal) at the beginning of the raid for players to pick up that would make stat clamping optional for individual players.

As a reward make new feats for completing new objectives while holding the stat clamping items & maybe double marks & nth metal drops for those who do. (& let that stack on top of the membership 50% drop increase as well)
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Converting Source Marks to Quarks so you can buy Booster Vendor Items.
    • Like x 2
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Oh yeah....forgot that one. That's more of a 'pit' than a 'sink' though. Not to mention with now 'unlimited' source marks potentially, I wouldn't be shocked to see that conversion go away.
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It's good you can admit that no one really wants this and wouldn't take advantage of it if given the option (other than a handful of 'fun' challenge runs), and that the change is really only for the new players. I'd guess the Devs knew it too, that's why source were pulled from current content. We'll just see how it pans out later I suppose.

From 1/2 the posters here you'd think clamping is the MOST demanded thing in the game. It's not.
    • Like x 4
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Fair question. I guess the answer is that we always have been able to and that it's the way the game was designed. I'm sure it would have been easy to do to put a 'feat CR ceiling' in years ago when CR became fixed (you used to be able to remove gear and actually lower your CR...as I recall, vs now it's just your 'equipped CR' that changes), that if they wanted the fear earning ability to be capped maybe you couldn't get feats a certain level higher than the applicable CR. 10 years later that's effectively what is being added. People who've been playing for a year or 2 would have almost 0 chance to get low level feats 'at level' as they are incentivized to move forward 100x faster than someone who started at 0CR 10 years ago...CR skips, event gear and stupid cheap Tier gear prices all point to 'increase CR as fast as you can'. Does that make all their hard work 'trivialized'?

And remember, some feats are busy work meant to make you run content a bunch while it's the current content. Current things like the Rouges list in FVR might take 30-40+ runs to get all 12 combos (I have not completed it yet on any toon and I've run it dozens of times already), but that's ok, because it's current so we are running it weekly or more. When it's 6 or 7 DLCs old, are we going to want to re-run it that many times? Add that to Nexus's 40-50 runs for 'artifact finder's random artifact or build groups for 2 months every day to get 500 CC bounties? Right now those feats are easy as you can do them solo or with a partner...these are not 'Skill' feats that are being trivialized, they are busy work and that work is about to get a LOT more time consuming for some, including the new players this is supposed to benefit.
    • Like x 2
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Of course people would rather run things while it’s easier. No one is claiming the opposite. Again that’s not the point. The point is the health of the game. And the value of the game. Yes this change is meant for new players. That’s obvious. That doesn’t make it a bad thing not matter how much you hate it. The game NEEDS new players. People are so entitled in dcuo.

“It’s only for new players so the devs hate vets.”
    “I want to one shot things to get feats easily but also want sp to matter.”
    “vets are the ones who pay the bills.”

This change is greatly needed. And no amount of complaining will change that fact. Would I prefer to one shot adds and get feats faster? Of course. Do I deserve to be able to do it? Absolutely not. This is to help new players. Help new players means the population grows. Population growing means more people to que. more people to que with and a healthier population means the “vets” can continue playing the game.

How about another approach… new players currently are carried to dlcs. People kill everything in seconds and mew player end up not learning anything. New players is eventually carried to endgame without having learnt anything thinking this game is easy. New player ques endgame content and does things bad. Tanking but not knowing how to mitigate damage. Healer not healing properly. Troll not giving our or debuffing. Dps that can’t burn. New player is then kicked for being bad cause “how are they so bad? They are in end game and still don’t know what to do? Must be a cr skip noob…”. New player either quits cause they keep getting kicked. Or they keep messing up because people keep kicking them. Devs now have to adjust difficulty to match the majority of players including these new players who happen to stay and not quit.

And for people who say that it’s their responsibility to learn the game… where are they going to learn? Earlier stuff won’t teach them because everything dies right away. They can’t learn in end game because most of these players are labeled as cr skip noobs and kicked. Most leagues have requirements to join. And few leagues are actually willing to teach new players (Not saying there aren’t some. I’ve seen amazing leagues around). Or are they supposed to rely on YouTube? Most YouTube videos aren’t that good/reliable. Even the ones that are good can’t properly teach because it doesn’t equate to hands on experience.

So yes this is very important.
    • Like x 1