State of PVP for me

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RSL, Jan 13, 2014.

1. X-zero Loyal Player

PVP never will be truly balanced. And in most of season one DPS had a pretty bad disadvantage and if you lost you just lost. There were no thanks for trying marks. You either won or you didn't anything. This season win or lose you get something plus you can do it again without replay badges.

1vs 1 some healers suffer but bring a healer in a 2v2, 4v4, or 5v5 and your chances of winning are pretty high.
    • Like x 1
  2. Phil Miller Committed Player

I couldnt agree more. Legends isnt perfect because I think we all know some toons are out of balance, but the frustration level is not nearly as bad as getting hammered in an Arena.
    • Like x 1
  3. Deltaheat Well-Known Player

" i don't enjoy one-sided battles that just prove my opponent can clip better than i can and wasn't foolish enough to try to be a support role and help anyone other than their score" - RSL

Amen Brotha! If I wasn't a feat seeker and outfit addict I would completely forego pvp. I really enjoy DCUO and I've come to appreciate the reps (Spytle, Mepps & Co.). It feels like they work hard and are passionate about their jobs. Unfortunately, It also feels like devs don't play the game like we do.

Y'all know that Ice, celestial, and HL have some serious advantages. To be fair, I've pvp'ed on Star Wars Galaxies, WoW (old school warlord), Age of Conan, SWTOR, Aion, City of Heroes and others. None of them seem able to find true balance for everyone. I imagine it must be difficult for various reasons.

If devs are periodically doing quality checks (i.e. running different powersets in pvp), how could they not connect with the frustration and make changes? Perhaps all devs run FoTM (I doubt it); or maybe they're all genius clippers and talented enough to make any toon dominate. For me and some of the others here DCUO pvp is straight up not fun. I don't think anyone wants to invest time in a presumed competitive setting just to get continually spanked.

Don't get me wrong! I'm not going to quit. I like this game more than anything else on the market. I'll take my whoopins and get my rewards eventually (Thx for the change to marks!). It may be that I'm not in the target market, but I'm guessing I'm a member of the silent majority - just guessing, don't kill me. If so, I get it. But, wouldn't it be better to make more tweeks on the run so that participation isn't as finite?

I dunno, I'm just talking. Thx for reading and like my man said "Chin Up" ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

I totally agree. Been getting loser marks in legends to get my gear fast and be done with this season. They didnt bring back the good maps like they said they would. DPS cant be debuffed unless they are the opposite role. Even then you are using more power to heal yourself than fight back. Controllers have full dps gear on so they have confidence boost making them much stronger than a dps. Once I get full elemental android I am done with pvp.
    • Like x 1