Stat Clamp is not THAT bad!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Beat, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Nangaf Well-Known Player

Damn im 100% agree with you. MMO = massive multiplayer online , so it normal for you to one shot a 8 players boss.
    the only one who complain about the stat clamp are the cr365 dps because they can kill a boss with 2million health in 2s, wtf is going with you guys, the game is fun now we finally bring back in 2014 when the game need role and not only op dps where you just fly all over the raid to finish in 5min, not fun for the others 7 players. I play this game since day 1 and i think this stat clamp is the best thing who can appear to this game. Also i dont know why op dps complain because you are over power before and you are also now vs other players, i do many raid and all the time i see 1 or 2 dps with 30 million damage and other dps with 2 million, so the feeling of being a god is also there.
  2. Clintelligence Level 30

Stat clamping does not make completing the instance impossible.
    Stat clamping does not make completing the instance incredibly challenging.
    Stat clamping simply makes easy content still be easy, but take annoyingly longer than it should.
    Stat clamping takes content that I was only barely willing to run occasionally, old content that I had exhausted when it first came out, that has long since passed it's shelf life, and said "Hey! Running something old and boring will be a lot more fun if it takes longer and is slightly more annoying!"

Not shockingly, that sales pitch didn't quite work for me.

I'm giving it a legitimate shot, trying to make it work, but truly the Omnibus content to me just seems like a way to take things that I already didn't want to run, make them even more annoying, and then tell me to do them. It's the equivalent of looking at the lawn on a hot day when you don't want to mow, and then having somebody take away your rider mower and say "Don't you feel more excited to do it with a pushmower now?" Not impossible, not even hard, just annoying and more time consuming for something that wasn't really exciting even before the change.

Maybe I'll change my mind in a couple of weeks, but right now my membership has been cancelled and set to expire towards the end of the month, and my enjoyment and desire to play is at an all time low.

The stat clamping killed a large portion of my enjoyment. Now I with years of work into a character, I will never be allowed to feel overwhelmingly powerful. Instead, I just get to look forward to repetitive content that stays exactly the same, feeling like a chore, with no ability to ever do it faster and get it out of the way.