Stat Clamp is not THAT bad!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Beat, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Beat Active Player

I'll start by saying that stat clamp obviously should be optional
    -clamp for rewards/source marks
    -unclamp for feat runs or collection/briefing/investigation farming.
    ((And that this is all my personal experience))

But I have barely ran ANY ques lately (Because I'm lazy) and I've been earning over 50 source marks a day doing open world dailies before the server reset, from 7am-9am Est time for me.
    This is way more than I could ever earn before from only 3 episodes.

I have ran a few Ques before (mostly 4mans), The clamp has not been as bad as people make it seem, granted that I am precision so my L O is mostly shields besides my weapon buff, Neo, and robot sidekick.

Every Que that I have joined has had all roles being utilized, so this is a GREAT thing imo, I'm not seeing as many teams with 3 Dps and 1 tank or 1 healer like I used to.
    Also my burn is not THAT bad for being clamped 200 CR levels down.

So my end point is that I haven't had this much fun in DCUO for a very very long time.
    I like running these easy "Old, tired" open world dailies for easy source marks instead of earning 10-15 source marks max like before (not including Ques), I also like the thrill I've had running walk in alerts (like ace chemicals) solo, the challenge is fun and not over the top PLUS I get 3x-5x source marks compared to before the update, WITHOUT RUNNING QUES.

Thank you developers, please don't change this system, just make the clamp optional.
    • Like x 8
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Outside of raids, the clamp seems good so far. It would probably be fine in raids as well if the game wasn’t telling people to blind queue random raids.
    • Like x 3
  3. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

Agreed.
    • Like x 1
  4. JSnaples Committed Player

They need to either remove the clamp or make it optional. I absolutely hate this clamp its ruined dcuo for me. Plenty of feats I still need from older instances that are now going to be damn near impossible thanks to this clamp. Youd think dc would be trying to make it easier for people to get feats not harder... Havent even bothered to play anymore since this clamp came out I didnt progress my toon just to be getting killed by t4 bosses
    • Like x 3
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

So don't change the system, but also change it? o_O
    • Like x 4
  6. Beat Active Player

For sure!
    It 100% should be an option, and I can understand how and why someone would hate this update, me personally I love it.
    So why not give both sides the option of experiencing both sides(If that makes any sense lol)?
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I bet that if you gave the option to run unclamped for no source marks, most if not all complaints would disappear overnight.
    • Like x 6
  8. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

I’ve found the clamps have been pretty generous, to be honest. I’ve finished Normal Raids in under 15 minutes. Certainly not one-shotting anything, but things are burning pretty quick. The raid and boss mechanics at least have a chance to present itself a little bit, so I think things are fine.
    • Like x 3
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I believe there is a disconnect of what some are asking for. They aren't asking to remove the clamp. Well, some are but if source was put back in end game and the clamp was optional, they would jump on board with everyone else and it would be happy camper land around here. The degree of clamping isn't a majority of the complaints, it's the fact we have no choice. I don't care that I get source marks in old content. They trained me not to expect that and I formed a happy way of playing around that. I stayed out of super old content and I would go back and run elites or help friends get feats. I didn't ask for more source, I didnt ask to have more to do and now that both those things are what they did, I have 0 reason to play the game. They took content away plain and simple. They want to force us into old stuff but they can't because we can just ignore it anyway so that's the option for anti clampers. That does not equal more content.

And yet again: someone show me people 1 shotting things in old elites please. I don't care how far back you go but show me it or stop talking about it. Regular content doesn't count because we can 1 shot things in the newest content
    • Like x 2
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

So.... you are saying that is it BAD.

Just not THAT BAD.... but still BAD?? ;) ;)
  11. Beat Active Player

It's bad that it's forced on people, but the stat clamp itself is not bad at all. I think people are just being disingenuous.
    They don't like that it's forced on them so they're gonna complain about the clamp when really they're just pissed that they have no choice.
    • Like x 3
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

My second random Wave run i queued into 1/3rd of the time spent this time. The Cr 88 was doing their best
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  13. Gothkid1972 New Player

I can tell the majority of players of this game have never touched another MMO...

They would all rage quit most other mmo's
    • Like x 4
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

I feel the issue is so many players gotten accustomed to treating it mostly as such, but you cant be a MMORPG that grows its community with players who feel that they should have such a degree of control, that control affects their fellow players experience as well. And they dont want to relinquish that control.

Not everyone, but some.
  15. JSnaples Committed Player

Do you really think I have the time to make a group for every single feat I need? Before I was clamped I could just go in and get it myself without needing to waste an hour in LFG. Yeah thats good for then but I cant run FOS 3 over and over to get all my feats.
    Yeah Im sure you dont unserstand our problem, you already have gotten all your skill points and you barely even play DCUO all you do is type in chats. If I had 500+ sp I wouldnt understand our concerns either...
    We worked to be as strong as we were, pve is dead now. I am not wasting my time qing for old content thats gonna take forever. Like I said they need to make it optional so that if we dont wanna do that bs we dont have too. Some of us enjoy feeling the reward of progressing in the game

Also wouldnt hurt if they made it to where we can q solo for all alerts and raids UNCLAMPED so we can get feats easier without waiting for q times or having some idiots rush ahead and mess up the feat. Dcuo has been out for a decade they should he making it easier for us to get skill points not harder
    • Like x 1
  16. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Well said. I think that many players do not realize that they do not OWN the game.

They just rent space here.

And it is a SHARED space where the powers that be are thinking about the larger community and not necessarily the individual player.

In some ways an MMO is like a streaming service such as Netflix. If they take down a show that you enjoy there really isn't much you can do beyond providing feedback and/or dropping the service.

An MMO is closer to the Netflix model than it is to, say, buying and playing a stand alone single player game like Demon Souls.
    • Like x 1
  17. thedemonocus Loyal Player

i don't mind the clamp, i thought i would hate it but i enjoy it
    • Like x 2
  18. JSnaples Committed Player

Lol I gotta join a league to get any feats now? You are just further proving my point that I now have to do more pain in the *** activities to get any sp? I dont care to get a league its usually either full of ignorant noobs or arrogant a holes who want you to have 400 sp before you even join. No thanks ill just quit playing pve until they eventually fix this garbage update they have unleashed upon us. Yeah like im gonna go in lfg and ask for help on every feat meanwhile they are all looking for roles for fos3 and doomsday...yeah like im gonna waste my time on that
    You seem to confuse crying with expressing my opinion on a controversial change to a game that Ive enjoyed playing for 9 years.
    Go back to your trade chat to steal more anime names Demon your opinion on this matter is irrelevant its not like you ever run anything
    • Like x 2
  19. timetrapper52 Well-Known Player

Unclamped for no source marks as an option kinda sounds like a neat idea. Could be great for feat runs idk how that will work with everything else considered tho. If it seems all good you could go a step further and add a solo queue and a adjusted group queue

I think it would be all good since feats are coordinated with the people you bring not randoms if your really after those feats so I don't think it will affect the overall queue time for others
    • Like x 1
  20. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

As the week progressed, I found less and less complaining. The zenith for me was a group of 'leet toons rage quitting Bludhaven when they wiped on the vats. Last night's runs were pretty drama free, and the voice chat had no complaining in it. Last Thursday and Friday the voice chat was dominated with complaining.