Stat Clamp Choice

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by qECLIPSEp, Dec 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sentiency Well-Known Player

But you’re not looking out for the player experience if the idea of choice is being taken away. I have 550 sp. the remaining episode feats I need are pretty much all elites so truthfully having unclamped content isn’t going to do THAT much for me, but I still would like to see those who need feats have the ***option*** to run unclamped content to make it easier to catch up. And it would make helping league members much less painful of a task.

The reality is that most of us benefited from unclamped versions of content in order to get feats that others are now having more difficult times with. Why are people so against getting an option? Is it because you’re worried more people are going to want to run unclamped than clamped?

Edit: I just want to add, I mean this purely from an episode feat perspective. There are obviously other ways to get feats in the game and new systems have been put in places that have made it easier than before to catch up with styles. But for anyone looking to do older episode feats it’s going to be more difficult for them, and that’s just a fact.
    • Like x 6
  2. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Something about FFXIV
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

I have no problem with an option, in which i would allow you a option for unclamped.

But the caviot is no marks,and no feats. So youll have your options, but use of the of the LFG system would be much more...encouraged...

Isnt that giving you an option? Yes its a biased option, but its supposed to be.

And the issue that creates is because its probable players wont use it because theirs no meaningful reward in doing so. And if so, why waste development resources creating it?
    • Like x 1
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

You want your feats? use LFG and build a group of players who are all of the same goal, shouldn't be a problem right?
    [IMG]
    I mean you have the option to face-roll, but with no meaningful rewards why do it?;)
  5. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

FFXIV out of context screenshots
  6. Wallachia Devoted Player

Very good job showing me that I incurred on the exact same mistake that I was criticizing here. No sarcasm.

Exactly why I am saying that OP''s arguments are baseless. If we will never know for sure what people tell others, then it's argumentative masochism to use such shallow claim.

Once people realize that I am attacking bad arguments so people can learn how to defend them better, we will have much better discussions here. Or not, I may be wrong in this.

I don't remember saying that their feelings on the subject are not real. When I called him emotional it was meant to say that he is inventing people to back up his assumptions as to ask the developers to revert stat clamp so he can go back to facerolling content. And I stand with this position still.

I am 100% alright with that. Threads like this add nothing, to begin with. Maybe we can consider our exchange to be good (assuming you are enjoying debating with me over this), but, overall, most threads based mostly on unreal expectations and just personal feelings got very little outside of people arguing back and forth.
    • Like x 1
  7. Sentiency Well-Known Player

So in other words you don’t care about player’s experiences but rather having the game tailored to the way you’d like it to be. Having no rewards AND no feats would literally make said content useless. I think people need to grind out feats just as much as the next person in order to reap the rewards of high sp, but I think new players should be allowed to do so with the same opportunities many of us had when running older content unclamped. You act as though it won’t still be difficult to find people, coordinate, and actually grind out hundreds/thousands of runs to get all the old feats. LFG is an option, but one that often takes an extreme amount of time to find enough people to form a group for those old feats. I mean hell, sometimes it’s difficult to even find enough people for more relevant end game instances. I just think it’s funny how you’re so against people getting feats this way as though majority of us including you haven’t taken advantage of that system. Just be honest here, you don’t care about anyone’s experiences or enjoyment other than the people who like the stat clamp.
    • Like x 8
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm glad you approve, also no sarcasm.:)

I guess this is the part I disagree with in principle. I'd like to assume that people who come here don't 'invent' people to back up their arguments...whether that argument is pointless or not. It's just as likely that he's got 10 or 20 or 100 people that agree with him as he has 0....honestly from my own experiences, I'd say its far less likely to be 0.

And yes, I think sometimes the discussion is worth being had even if the topic being discussed is not. I do not think we'll ever see the clamp go away...that doesn't mean someone can't come here and discuss their feelings on it. Repeatedly maybe not...but I'm not sure I've seen this guy bring it up before. Again, I've come to peace with it (although I hate it 100%), but I made plenty of discussions of my own on the topic....I'd hope 100% of them weren't pointless.

And yeah, I enjoy a good debate...as it seems you do too. Isn't that what a discussion forum is for? Ideas and differing opinions?
    • Like x 3
  9. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I agree with everything here except 1 thing. Just wondering, how many of your feats were acquired before the clamp? And how many were actually done at relevancy? I think elites should stay clamped though
    • Like x 1
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Isn't that why many 'pro-clamp' and your very own 'instance roulette' requests were made...cause 'waaaaa....it's too hard to get a group in LFG'? You think it's any easier now? Now that you actually NEED 6 or 7 of those 8 people to A) know what they are doing and B) do it? And why would it be easier to build these groups now? Oh yeah....10 source marks and some junk 280 gear. Well, in the time it took to type this message I could have gotten 8 just killing an OW bounty, no group needed, so where's the MORE incentive to build a group with?

And as I said above, please turn in all SP you either got when the clamp was not on in NOT current content, or in groups that were geared to the max before asking why someone is deserving of the rewards. Otherwise, yeah...many of your SP (and mine) were gotten in 'trivialized' runs too. I've never seen a group shouting in LFG for endgame runs where they ask you to please have under 120 artis, less than 300 SP and 0 23 Adaptive augs. Those darn slackers should NOT GET ANYTHING...right?

Oh, shoot...I went back and proofread....there's another 8 marks I could have knocked out easier than looking for an LFG group.
    • Like x 5
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

My point exactly. There's a lot of people who've gotten up to the top of the wall, and now want to burn the ladder behind them.

I think (and they might have said as much) that the artis and other bonuses (like league proficiencies, cookies, soders, augments) should not be clamped in elites....just the CR and stats resulting from gear. Some might already be like this, but I don't think it's 100%. After all, you could have been at level for SGE or DME or whatever and had 200 artis, 23 augs and a 3% healing out bonus. Again, this might already be in or on the drawing board....but if not it should be.
    • Like x 3
  12. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I stopped playing old content , a few source marks and crappy 280 gear I'm just going to either sell or salvage is not worth the headache.
    • Like x 1
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

For example. My ingame house is at this location. Years ago. DCUO said it was too close to the hero's police station and removed some locations around it. Should i be forced to relocate? Or should i be allowed to be grandfathered into where i chose to "live"? Should i be placed on an even playing field with everyone? Or should i be allowed to keep what i have because i chose that location while it was still acceptable to have a home there?
    [IMG]
    However should i chose to relocate, i will be subject to the same restrictions as players currently, and this location wont ever be available for me to choose again. And i understand that, and am ok with that compromise.
  14. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

FFXIV monologue
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

Do i want to burn the ladder behind me?

Youre wanting a system youre used to having to not change. What im saying is the system should've never been left unclamped in the first place. Had it been clamped, from the start this wouldn't be an issue and even you might have defended it, had it always been like this.

Which is why as much as i love hanging out with Tiffany, i always called her out on this. Is it based on merit for the clamps implementation, or because it directly affects your personal stake on progression going forward?
  16. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

But FFXIV
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

What about it?
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

kAiSeR007:
    You play the game to collect feats, but you don't enjoy a major complicated challenge. But there are feats bounded to challenges that IF you are not willing to do properly then you shouldn't get. And by properly I only mean not facerolling them. I'm all up for getting old hard feats with a certain degree of ease once you are overgeared, but not the way it is now.

In my opinion, the mistake of many players is thinking they have the right to own every single feat in the game, but that's not true, you have the right to access to them. Owning them it's only on you. I could get many feats that I still need, but I won't get them, because I'm not willing to go through the required process, as i said before, gathering, salvaging, creating, treasure, etc, and I'm ok with that.
    Last edited by kAiSeR007, Apr 14, 2015
  19. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

FFXIV screenshots
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

What about FFXIV screenshots?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.