Stasis Field and Damage

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Sechuran Fox, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

Was just mucking around a few minutes ago in the Chinese Theater Challenge and noticed that after chucking Stasis Field on mobs, I could still damage them with Pulse Beam, Gauze Grenade and Sticky Bomb (haven't tested other things yet). When did this happen? I was sure that Stasis Field was making things invulnerable for a time.
  2. BrotherMutant New Player

I thought ALL encasements had that "protection" thing going for it until I realized my mental troller could damage them IN the bubble with any MIGHT-based power (ie yellow numbers hit them, but white aka weapon damage does NADA). If that applies to all encasements, its because you are attacking with POWERS and not a weapon attack. Check it out to see if it is true and please report back here. Very important to know these things as we can still damage encased baddies so long as we don't swing at them.

I know for a fact this is true for when you encase them in an ice ball using those ice barrels. Noticed it the other day in Arkham when going after Freeze.
  3. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

So checked again, powers are hitting them through the encasement and it looks like ranged attacks (at least with Handblasters) are hitting them as well. Melee handblaster attacks appeared to work, but with less damage than normal. Didn't really notice the weapon damage unless I was using a powerful attack like Meteor Blast, so not sure if some of the damage is being absorbed by the shield?
  4. NCR RANGER New Player

Gadgets could always hit through our encasement abilities. If i throw a Gaus grenade at an ice cube i made with cryo-field and fear gas, it still does 200 damage.