Dev Discussion Starro: The Threat Below Raid Feedback

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by TLantern, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I can confirm the feat isn't working lIke how u stated. U can currently pop it doing either or
  2. Here2Help Devoted Player

That would explain why I've seen the feat pop in some pug runs. That's a shame. We spent the time doing it properly in both the Clamped and Member and it's definitely doable as intended. We just brought the boss to the room and did single target damage or properly positioned AoE damage. Was a fun feat to do as how it was intended (apart from it being cheaply used across two instances instead of making more unique ones).
    • Like x 1
  3. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I agree that most our content is easy. To expect raids to have random one shots with no tell is silly. Especially when there's a feat for not dying. There should be some kind of tell for a one shot move. There is no skill involved when he kills people at random. That was my only problem with the raid.

Well, not only problem. I'm still waiting for Brother Eye to break out of his Starro costume. So much for not using rehashed graphics and bosses. After the event, run inner. It's the same. The npc on the floor are in about the same spots as the lasers and everything. It even tanks the same.
    • Like x 2
  4. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Its a shame. It's too late to fix this I image bc most ppl think it's intended
  5. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

I agree with the tells issues definitely. But they legit saying Aquaman heals to fast when countless amounts of players have steam rolled this like really breh if this is going to be the pattern going forward in the future then I have no idea what to say..

The only way I can see this game going forward is to straight up have two sets of raids where elite rewards really match the content and not just a stat increase of like 5 or 8 per stat. If a person wants baby content let them have it but the drops should match the content they doing and the elite raids shouldn't be nerfed at all.
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

They already tried that. They started making easy versions of raids right around the time the fortress raids we out. Only reason to run them, one of the angelic styles fell. It never really caught on. As much as you, i, and everyone would only like skilled players in hard content. Everyone ultimately wants the good stuff.
  7. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

I know what you mean Prime bro I think back to then and now and you see the player base is getting more and more disgusted with easy content outside of the forums and quickly getting bored. Challenge keeps people playing a game every day more and more players quit because it's no longer fun, when everyone gets everything, not bashing everything I love the way OP items are handled now but my man this is getting old now.
    • Like x 1
  8. Korlick Loyal Player

Well...the Feat description doest say that. It says : Without KOing any Juvenile Starros or not become Mind Controlled.
    That makes it a little confusing.

And like others have said, apparently it works either way. When i got it on the non-member Raid, some people were arguing about it. But we choose to do it without killing and without getting controlled, just in case.
  9. TLantern Developer

Is it a specific Celestial attack? I'll talk to Spord about this. Any info or screenshots you can give will help us, thanks!
  10. TLantern Developer

Have players wiped and tried again? I clear the Feat failure if the whole team wipes, so you can get in another attempt. Do you remember the situation where you saw the Feat awarded? Was it you, or someone else?

This might sound a little confusing but I need to identify what's going on. So, just to be clear, you're saying that you can get Mind Controlled, beat Starro without a wipe, and then get credit for the half of the Feat that says "Do not KO any of the conqueror's Juvenile Starro or become mind-controlled"?
    And you are also saying that you can KO Juvenile Starro without becoming Mind Controlled and get credit for the above Feat?

Has anyone seen if you can you do both of the above things and still get credit for that half of the Feat?
  11. TLantern Developer

One shots without some kind of tell is not what we intend. That's the purpose of this thread. When you guys report it, I go in to fix it. Call out something that's specifically one-shotting, and I will take a look at it. I've already fixed several abilities that should come out in the next hotfix.

As far as the "rehash", it's a coincidence that Starro is the same shape as Brother Eye. I worked very closely with the Artists that made Starro and the interior of the Atlantean raid. Both of these things were very much done from scratch. You could say I've seen them grow up since they were babies.
  12. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Yes I have seen it pop the way you have worded it
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol. Ok. Go run inner. Then run the boss fight. Is it a coincidence they tank the same way and move the same way?
  14. Here2Help Devoted Player

That's good. There shouldn't be one shots without tells. However, there also seems to be a reluctance to include one shots with tells. When was the last time we actually saw a one shot mechanic that could be played around and had to be avoided? It was a long, long time ago. When Flatten was one shotting and was behind a mechanic (so it could be controlled and wasn't random), it got nerfed. Moving forward, we really need to see more controllable one shots. It rewards playing mechanics, punishes those avoiding them and generally makes the game a tad bit more challenging and exciting, but despite that, they're never seen.
    • Like x 4
  15. Here2Help Devoted Player

TLantern, there's a thread up which is sort of blowing up and I'd love to hear your opinion on the matter. The thread is focused on how players are going into this raid with a certain strategy to do the No Death part of the feat at last boss. This strategy consists of having a tank, healer, troll and then multiple pet DDs (so Earth and Sorcery). These pet DDs then summon their pet, attack the boss once so their pet is attacking the boss and then the owners of those pets go hide in a corner sitting in block for 20 minutes or however long it takes for the pets to carry them through the boss fight with no player deaths. What is your opinion on this strategy and do you like these sort of strategies being used on content you create where players basically exclude themselves from the fight?
    • Like x 1
  16. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

I'm wondering and waiting on a response to this same question. I've tried on 3 separate occasions to do this, and all have failed. On the first run, we simply KO'd 13 before beating the boss. Second run, we tried the lunging KO of 13 before beating the boss. On our last run, we KO'd 20, beat the boss, and the feat still didn't pop.

Just for clarifying purposes, I already have the feat for not KO'ing any of the juveniles in the Raid version of this event.
  17. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

A few of my group members received the credit for not KO'ing any Juveniles even after they were mind controlled. This was part 1 of the feat...Now the second part seems to be bugged for some of us, no matter how many juveniles you KO.
  18. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

Got the second part of the feat earlier today. I literally KO'd 12 of the juveniles and only counted those that I had a hand in taking out. We did 14 of them just in case. I asked everyone not to kill any of the juveniles and let me finish them off to ensure that we got at least 12.

As a side note, if you get his health below 10%, they don't spawn anymore.
  19. Korlick Loyal Player

Check this out:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/starboy-feat.286149/
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    One thing I'm noticing is that I'm unable to crowd-control anything in the clamped raid in Controller role. Is that by design or just a side-effect of the max Dom stat not being high enough for the new clamp values?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.