Dev Discussion Starro: The Threat Below Raid Feedback

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by TLantern, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Good luck getting a skilled team together in a Pug Group! LOL The Member gift raid is for Leagues only.
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Are you talking about now or last week pre-nerf? Who's talking about not picking up, lol? All I said was that prior to the neft, Aquaman healed too quickly because of the large amount of Starros around him. And I wasn't playing as DPS, I was healing lol. Way to read the post.
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Maybe I should have put these words in large letters with a distinctive color so you could notice them easier...THE AMOUNT OF HEALING IN TO AQUAMAN...
    I also said this, in case you didn't read that either "The damage from the tentacles was fine, it made you focus on positioning and burning one tentacle at a time. As groups have said, the feat was doable by using 2 or more tanks to interact with the tables.
    The damage from the starro adds was fine. They would kill people in 2 shots, but this was avoidable if the tank grabbed them immediately.
    The damage from aquaman's attacks were fine, as long as the whole group wasn't standing in the same spot. Did it one shot 2 or 3 people? Yes. If that wasn't intended, go ahead and nerf the damage. But most groups could perform pickups without problems.
  4. Here2Help Devoted Player

Uhm, nope. Pugged it with LFG and random queue and done it perfectly fine. Just had some occasional explaining to do to those not aware of the mechanics and boom, run done.
  5. IceRaven198 Well-Known Player

Tried the members raid pre and post nerf and I gotta say it's a great raid. I like the fact that it punishes players not following the mechanics, but please can we get a better way to tell when Aquaman is going to use his water move because I watched him one shot over half the group only to follow it up with one shotting the rest.
  6. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Ran 3x today.
    1) LFG DPS's 192-190 Run was smooth.
    2) LFG DPS's 190-188 Took a bit longer but was OK.
    2) Pug Queue - DPS 189-186. 187 Troll had only DPS gear, that went well; NOT!
    TANK quit before Aquaman. Next Tank and Healer Quit after fail with Aquaman. Burn was too slow; perhaps CR Differential is too wide. Suggest change to 188CR+ in this Raid. Group disbanded after 5 walkouts.
  7. Korlick Loyal Player

Raid is fine.
    Yes, there are people that struggle during the fight with Aquaman. But mostly due to people ignoring the mechanics of the fight or not being strong enough to do it. That results in an army of Stars around Aquaman and the health bars not going down.

A League Raid? theres not such a thing in this game. Not even "League Feats". Might be easier to get with people you play frequently? Yes. Impossible to pug? No.

Just know, a few minutes ago i was in a pug group and we did the Aquaman feat (not letting more Stars spawn) and the first part of the feat during the last boss (most of us already had the second part). The Aquaman fight we did a few fail attempts but helped to get use to what we needed to do, and then we got it. A little communication is all you need.

Now...in the Starboy (members raid, dont remember the name of the feat), the first part says something like: "Do not KO any Stars OR get mind controlled". Does this means that its either one or the other? I mean...if we kill the Stars but do not get mind controlled (and vice versa), we get the feat?
    • Like x 1
  8. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Watching Trexlight Stream told me to report this:

Version Clamp
    Bug Report, look like they are not able to hit the little starro's and aren't able to move on

Video proof ;) well wouldn't let me add video in so i share link to the clip i took while he was streaming which will show the bug:

https://clips.twitch.tv/LovelyConcernedAmazonMingLee
  9. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

For the fit for a king(raid) feat...It just says don't get knocked out or something like that....is it a feat where no one in the group gets knocked out? I had multiple runs where i never got knocked out and the feat never popped. If it is a group feat can you put it in the description?
  10. Here2Help Devoted Player

Yes, it is a group feat.
  11. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Ah ok. It wasn't in the description so wasn't sure. thank you.
  12. Here2Help Devoted Player

Remember about that exploit I was telling you about in PMs?

Well, to add onto that, it's being used to respawn the boss whilst everyone stays in the room and this has the effect of keeping the boss motionless for a large amount of time so players can safely defeat it. Seems like people are using it to attempt the no death feat.

It's ridiculous what people do in this game, sigh.
  13. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Has the game really gotten to point where people are asking for more raid nerfs this is a joke.... The already fine raid was nerfed once I don't get this if you know burn is the issue get better dps the raid isnt the issue. If some players are beating the content with no issue the bar shouldn't be set lower. The only issue ive seen is celestial has the ability to one shot team players who are controlled. People were getting the no death feat pre first nerf and people are complaining cause random groups can't beat the raid? Wake up that's how a mmo is suppose to be, your not always suppose to beat everything with everybody.
    • Like x 1
  14. TLantern Developer

This should be fixed in the next hotfix. The way to prevent this before the fix comes out is to wait 1-2 seconds when the door to that room opens. The npc's are still doing internal checks when the door opens, and if people rush in as soon as the door goes up it can result in it breaking.
    • Like x 3
  15. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

It's very unrewarding to do feats like the no death feat or just beating content when every time you look a nerf happens like... come on fam nothing was wrong exact tells for the attacks could have been better. I have never seen a more entitled player base where they feel like they always have to beat every bit of content no matter the group.
    • Like x 3
  16. TLantern Developer

I just fixed this. Thanks for the report!
    • Like x 1
  17. TLantern Developer

It's a 2 part feat. I know the text scrolls by way too slow. But it's saying to beat the raid once without KOing any Juvenile Starro's while also not becoming Mind Controlled. Then beat the raid again after KOing 12.

I hope that helps.
  18. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Hey TLantern, has it been noted that celestial has the ability to one shot players that are controlled? I will post some screens shortly, this happens in all starro content from the alert to the raids.
    • Like x 1
  19. Here2Help Devoted Player

I can confirm that this is indeed happening.
    • Like x 1
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Question on this feat. I have done the one part of the feat three times on my alt. It never shows completed. Do you just have to kill at least 12 or is it 12 rounds of npc coming out? The past run we did at least 15 just to be sure, but it still didn't show up. Big gun takes out 3 or 4 at a time.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.