Starro the conqueror (wrong time)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cold Fusion, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

As we all know it will be a good while before the next DLC.

The last also the first "Major event" went pretty well by most standards. There was new content, new styles, base items, feats and most importantly relevant gear drops/vendor gear.

As we can see by this time line ....

Current and Upcoming Events
    Bonus Ancient Coins Weekend
    March 3-5
    Survival Mode: Fortress of Solitude
    March 8-April 6
    Mxyzptlk's Mischief (St. Patrick's Day Event)
    March 15-29
    April Fool's Day
    Begins this Maytober
    Starro the Conqueror (Major Event)
    Begins this April
    Swamp Thing vs. Poison Ivy (Spring Seasonal Event)
    Begins this May
    Tides of War (Summer Seasonal Event)
    Begins this June

The New event will come before any new content with new gear item levels. This date is far out enough that any possible gear drops/vendor gear will be irrelevant to most of the community.

The relevant gear is the main thing that sets "Major Events" apart from all the other events we grind and have been grinding.. Winter..V-day... St.Patrick.. then Starro.. A bigger grind with less pay off than the Major event before it.

This event won't be well received (IMO) if it's just a lot of grind for a Style and a few feats... The player progression will be way to stagnant by then.

It would be better if y'all could somehow switch the order and release the new DLC first. Maybe put the revamp on hold and double time the DLC progress.
    • Like x 2
  2. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Or, instead of grinding gear, you could enjoy it, maybe group with some people and get some feats, look at whatever new styles and base items there might be, play the broker a little for other things you've had your eye on, dust off some alts and have fun with them (especially since they feel stronger when stat clamped), and maybe meet some new players that haven't reach the top tiers yet. Just some thoughts about things in the game other than gear.
    • Like x 9
  3. spack2k Steadfast Player

• Like x 3
  4. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

Well let's see where to start...

My main is 190
    My alts are 188 and a 171 still working on but the will be 189 way before Starro hits.

I have 2 bases fully decorated and working on my 3rd.. and 4th..

I'm mentoring a 187 that has only been playing 6 months.. helping him with feats almost daily.

Broker..LoL
    I can make 3mill a day without really trying hard...

But all of that is irrelevant.. there is nothing wrong if people want there to be more character progression instead of 8-9 straight events in a row.
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

the lack of content is a serious problem.

i'm actually already dreading the gap between the starro event and the jsa dlc. its means we have to fall back on amazon fury 3 content again the way did after the anti monitor event was taken down and going back once is hard enough as it is.

i love the idea of the events. i just don't think they should replace dlcs.

If we can't get new content we need to expland our "interum" content past what has already been exhausted.

Come up with some kind of mini game or games to pass the time. Come up with some kind of card game or expand on the oblivion bar to include a few basic style arcade games with a dc twist. they could cost marks to play and could reward things from a coler up to a rare style.

Open up all the mentor missions. Give us whatever reason: label them as anomolies, suicide squad missions. open those maps up to everyone ... at end game level.

Legends duos. I dont hate legends pve...but i'm not loving having had to run the same maps for how many years now? throw in a few duos. faster q times, you can q up with a buddy, makes the grind more forgiving and fun.

DCUO flashbacks: take a few of those old Alerts, set them to top tier difficulty and rotate them.

the lack of content is whats really killing this game. its nice that some things have been put into place to prevent boredom from setting in...time to update it. asap.
    • Like x 5
  6. itsasin New Player

Vote for putting revamp on hold myself
    • Like x 3
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

you could even combine the idea of opening up all the mentor missions as solo legends pve content.make so you can only queue into the missions that correspond with each legends toon.
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

A wasted vote. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 4
  9. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I'm excited for the event. I can't wait to see what cool styles they come out with.
    • Like x 4
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That's what i'm waiting for too.
    • Like x 3
  11. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

My examples weren't necessarily all going to apply to you, and while addressing a subset of them individually can point that out, it doesn't speak to my point. There's much more to event content and the game than any grind. Many people even find enjoyment in content that doesn't have that pressure. I encourage you to find other aspects of the game that you find enjoyable.
    • Like x 2
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

Well id say its opinion to state the anniversary event went well. As far as the starro event none of us know what gear will be in that event. It really makes no sense to have another set of 164 gear. IIRC it would be the 6th or 7th set of that gear. My guess is starro event will have new gear, better then IL 165 gear. That is why the event has an "end game" version of the raid.

Also some people need to understand that not everyone plays the game the same way. So saying just enjoy it doesnt work for some people. Some may not enjoy events. Some look forward to the dlc content and progressing their character. And if the gear is 164 then it ends up being just a few feats and thats it. Especially if the style is not something ya find attractive. Its perfectly fine if u enjoy events and are content with a few feats and a style, if it ends up being that, there is nothing wrong with that. But again, realize people play for different reasons ;)
    • Like x 2
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

sooo ready.
    • Like x 2
  14. recoil Committed Player

i sure hope so. because it'd be entirely possible for them to go the easy route and just give us world war2 era versions of modern hero and villain styles. let's just keep our fingers crossed.
  15. SparkmanX Committed Player

Cold Fusion from Odyssey!
    All I'm waiting for DCUO... is the epic return of

A great fans of your videos on youtube send you regards
  16. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

No... He spells it with a Z...

I only know this because this has happened before ..and he chimed in the thread... LoL

Edit.. I just watched the video and it shows his name at 0:36 in the video.. LoL

Second edit... Fun fact .. the Correct spelling of Cold Fusion belongs to a level 47cr female character ... This makes me sad..
    • Like x 1
  17. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I hope they don't pull the same junk they did with the Anniversary event and set the price of the gear so high that we can't complete the set of vendor gear .
  18. Dyet Level 30

I hope they decide to let premiums who own every dlc into the raid. It's completely unfair that we got nothing with open content but members get to complain and get extra. Sure, make owning AFIII a req to enter, but it's unfair that we get the shaft for no reason when we got nothing extra in return. Every dlc we paid for was given out and only members get a raid now??? That's cheesy... Honestly I wish they would stop all events, dlc, and updates and just finish the revamp, finally fix all the bugs, and then give us some QoL improvements that we need (new UI is well overdue), then continue to make and release content. We still have bugs from release on live.
  19. Maxwill Committed Player

i guess he doesnt know that the revamp is already on hold :)
  20. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Wouldn't that make more sense for the next episode? But to be honest, some of those styles rock and I wouldn't mind having them. Maybe some skirts that aren't 3/4 way up your thighs. Or maybe some more awesome Bombshell styles.
    • Like x 1