Dev Discussion Starro: Rewards Feedback

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by spord, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Tiny Starro is so tiny; you hardly see him in battle. Maybe he could be a little less tiny.
    His damage output is poor. It would be nice to see a stun, debuff, or a mind control action.
    That would be cool.
    • Like x 1
  2. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It seems as if several recent trinkets have been both overly small and ineffective: Mr. Mxyzptlk was too tiny to be interesting, along with being ineffective in combat and out for too short a time. The Valentine's day "heart" trinkets are overly small and too ineffective to bother with. Trinket pets should be large enough to be unmissable -- they should have neat effects that make you *want* to pop them, and they should have benefits that make the trinkets desirable to use as well as to see.

"Baby Boo" and "Ms. Boo" were pretty good trinkets. Most of the other seasonal trinkets are, at this point, way too underpowered to be useful very often. (Though I can't resist using the St. Patrick's day speakers trinket to make adds dance on occasion.)

Priorities for devs making trinkets:

1. Make trinkets desirable for, and effective in, combat.

2. Make trinkets noticeable: large enough to draw attention, with distinct and unusual sound effects, and, of course, attractive design.

3. Make trinkets players desperately want to use because they're so much fun to see used!

4. Let trinket pets or objects stay out for at least 20 seconds, if not 30 seconds -- long enough for them to be a significant part of play.

Mr. Mxyzptlk is a tragic case of how to get this wrong. He's a wonderful concept that is visually too small, disappears too fast, and does little to help in combat.

Change these three things and I'd love him to death.

Ditto all the older seasonal trinkets could be upgraded in what CR they can be attuned to, with stats to match, even if little or no time is available for cosmetic improvements.

I hope the devs might see and consider these possible priorities as regards updating or making new trinkets in whatever context. Thanks!
  3. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Why are the Quicklime Canisters NO longer sellable to a Vender for Cash? I understand the Spore thing was a visual error and no Spores were actually given. However being unable to sell these is a bit overkill
  4. Rockdaddy099 Level 30

So I am confused because I am getting loot drops on the non-members raid for Aquaman fight but on the members raid I am not also the members raid doesn't have a chest drop is that normal? lot of talk about it but no definitive answer from devs.
  5. Killgasm Well-Known Player

Is the Fallen Stars feat not completing going to be fixed or should I fill out a ticket?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.