Dev Discussion Starro: Invasion! (alert) feedback

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here2Help Devoted Player

That was in the latest hotfix for Live. Is it possible to do something similar for the mind control in Star Labs? Once the boss is defeated and interacted with, you still remain mind controlled.
  2. Korlick Loyal Player

Ever since the last hotfix, i have been experience some lag spikes during the alerts. Its always in the same specific part of the map.
    In the STAR Labs, after you clear the first room and the doors start to open, when you open the door to ge to the stairs, thats when the lag spike hits.
    In the Magic Shop, after you clear the big room and the "magic door" opens the lag hits. And during the last hallway going to the final room it happens too.
    And in the JSA, its during the big room, before the door opens.

Its not my connection and, like i said, its always in the same specific spots of the maps.
    • Like x 2
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

Ive had this too. Today it seemed to not happen tho. So maybe it was fixed.

But i just spent the last 2.5 hours queuing for the alert and fought every boss in star labs 4 times. Only 1 i need is manhunter. The RNG with this is awful. Please dont make feats like this again. Its not fun, its just annoying.
    • Like x 1
  4. Korlick Loyal Player

Yes, today i run the alert on my toons and the lag didnt happen. I guess the GU today fixed that.

And i feel you with that feat. My pain was with B.Cannary in JSA. After i get her, she appears all the time lol Hate it.
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

I ended up getting it. Took 2 hours and 45 mins. 17 runs through star labs. Plus the 3 weeks of runs on that toon. Im just not a fan of feats like that at all. Imo feats should be about skill and not total randomness. But it seems im the minority on here when it comes to that opinion.
  6. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Compared to the other Starro event content (minus the members raid) I do find this alert at times difficult if I'm running on an U30 alt. If my toon is Lvl30+ I'm usually fine but lower and its a problem. Fortunately I tend to only use Earth/Sorcery/Ice/Munitions U30 toons (and end up carrying the group, Grand Summoning usually ends the alert boss no matter what CR/level I actually am) but I can see it being troublesome for other powers.

Is there any chance (as it is an event) of maybe a slight nerf of this alert specifically more for toons under level 30? The difficulty spikes compared to the rest of the Starro content. I don't want it to affect toons lvl30 and up however, I think here the difficulty is fine.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.