Dev Discussion Starro: Invasion! (alert) feedback

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackFrost Developer

Hey all! This is the forum thread I'll be monitoring specifically for feedback about the "Starro: Invasion!" 4-player content. Please let me know if you see anything amiss, with as many details as you think might be relevant. Really, any feedback is appreciated. I hope you enjoy this new Starro Major Event, and the Starro: Invasion! content in particular!
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Ran into an interesting bug in the STAR Labs version of the instance. Our boss was Cyborg. During the fight, Cyborg put up a transparent shield and one-shot the rest of the team. I was the only one blocking. After that, my character kept getting mind-controlled. During the mind-control periods, I would drop out of combat and Cyborg would heal back up to full health. During one of those periods, I just decided to Warp Rally since the rest of the team was waiting outside the room and there didn't seem to be any other way to "die." When I warped, the boss room doors did not open again and we were locked out.[/b]
  3. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the report!

For one, it was never intended for that ability to deal damage in this content, but that detail slipped through the cracks. I'm making a fix for that particular issue, and that fix will hopefully be in a hotfix pretty soon. Apologies for the inconvenience.

I'll dig in deeper on the reset issue you mentioned.
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Thanks for looking into that.

When my character was mind-controlled, I would drop out of combat and Cyborg would show up as an ally. He would heal back to full during those periods and wouldn't attack me. Since I was out of combat, I was able to Warp Rally. The door never opened for my teammates during my mind-controlled periods though.
  5. StopPerving Dedicated Player

Star labs version of the instance. Boss: The Flash.

Flash's teleport function can get him outside the room and if you're really careful, you can lead him right up to the respawn point. Funny, but obviously a bug ;) Oh and his cone frontal attack hits at max range and is nearly a one shot. Not sure if the damage there is intended, but the teleporting outside isn't.
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

So ive seen this happen multiple times now in the last 2 days. Because u can finish the alert in under 5 mins people are queuing in and standing there because the system will not let ya kick people until they have been in the instance for more then 5 mins. So obviously people can abuse this and they are. Such a great community we have. Please look into this.
  7. JackFrost Developer

When this happened, were there still people in the original boss room? Was Flash chasing someone who was outside of the boss room? He should have reset if everyone left the boss room.

I'll look into his cone attack. Thanks!
  8. Korlick Loyal Player

I hate the feat from the alerts. Pure RNG and luck based, worst kind of feats.
  9. StopPerving Dedicated Player

1 person outside bossrooom just outside the door, 3 inside.
  10. PBCF Active Player

I am irritated with this alert , the ONLY one I have left to get is freakin Donna Troy & she is NEVER in it , what gives , I mean you'd think after running it 50 times + already at some point I would have gotten her to finish off that list , but NO. So irritated at the fact of how random they make it with always 1 iconic never showing up. Can someone tell me please what one she will be in , I was thinking the magic shop due to her being magic , but I have only ever seen faust , grundy & blood in there .
  11. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Bug report:

In the alert flash got out of the boss room.
    How it happened: 3 of us were fighting flash in the last boss, while another player didn't moved the whole instance.
    2 of the people fighting flash get mind controlled and after getting out we get killed while the other player stays alive.
    Suddenly the person that didn't moved the whole instance gets close to the door and so does the player that stays alive.
    Somehow flash teleports himself to the outside part of the door where the other player was waiting.
    The player inside the boss room gets locked out and can't do anything. We proceed to fight flash outside the boss room while he chases us.

Video:

Sorry for the Quality as well but I had to rush to get the software to record to work.
  12. JackFrost Developer

Thanks to you and Lt Skmaster for the reports, and for the additional information/video. I'm going to try to get a fix out for this as soon as I can. I'm not sure it'll make the next hotfix, but if not, it should make the following one. Thanks again!
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

So literally 1 min ago our healer went afk and stayed out in the hallway. And flash teleported through the wall and went after him. Luckily a dps had died and respawned out there or else we would of had to disband. I see its been reported already. Not to be rude this teleporting stuff has been going on a long time now. It seems anytime a boss can teleport he/she somehow goes through walls and ends up outside the room. Maybe its time to stop the teleporting stuff until it can be done right?
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

Just queued into the alert and i came into a run in progress and flash was in the hallway already lol. So 2 runs in a row today ive seen this bug. And what i said above is not me trying to be critical of the dev team. I wanna be clear, there have been many bugs with doors and going through walls when it comes to teleporting. So imo they may wanna think about holding off on that mechanic until it can be corrected. Cause every time teleporting goes on someone goes through a wall or door.
  15. Korlick Loyal Player

Donna Troy is in the Magic Shop.
    I had that issue with Black Cannary. I was only getting the STARS Labs and Magic Shop and occasionally, the JSA. And when i got in there, there was always Hawkman or Powergirl. Worst kind of feats. RNG to get the map+RNG to get the right boss.
    Would be nice if, at least, we could pick what map we want to get in. Removing one level of RNG would make this feat way less tedious.
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Actually you can, in a way. I've seen quite a few people walk in, see the instance, and exit the group. So feel free to do that before you're loot locked. Also, you can still que even if you're loot locked for the feat. Just keep going til you get what you want.

@PCBF Also, and I mean this in a nice way, not a snarky way, you can chill. We're only five days into the event, and still have something like 50 more days of trying to go.
  17. Korlick Loyal Player

Not the same thing. At all. Youre still at the mercy of the RNG system to get the map you need.
  18. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Im getting the jsa map as i need it, but alan scott has NEVER Spawned
  19. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

At times there is some crazy lag in this instance.

For example on my alt I got mind controlled at the boss fight, ran through the wall while mind controlled and glitched out of the map. (This happened in Star Labs)

Can you please make sure that mind control doesn't result in players developing Shadowcat-like abilities?
  20. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I should also mention I'm on PS4.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.