Star Sapphire Male contest

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MariaTenebre, Feb 25, 2016.

1. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Due to some of the amazing designs for Star Sapphire males in the Costume thread I thought it would be a cool thing to do as a way of protesting the dev's decision to make the gear female only as well as to show our own creativity of males like John Stewart having the Star Sapphire ring for pure awesomeness. So fellow players post your own Star Sapphire Males either guys with Violet Rings or just your own design with the Violet themed costumes. Extra points go to players with Male characters with costumes similar to the ones in canon.
    • Like x 1
  2. Mightyhon Well-Known Player

Ewwwwwww
    Don't like lanterns, crossdressing ones even less..
    • Like x 4
  3. metalfenix Committed Player

I like the star sapphires...but I cannot bear that color. Sorry, but no.
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

How is it 'cross-dressing' when male Star Sapphires are canon? o_O

That is something that has personally always pissed me off: it's okay for a woman to cross-dress in men's clothing, but it's not okay for a man to cross-dress in women's? :eek::mad:

Can understand if you are not interested, but did you really need to post just to say you are disgusted by the idea of a man who is capable of Love? o_O
    • Like x 4
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Then I HAVE to post

The Night Sapphire. ;)
    Wanted to call it NightStar.... but it was not an option. :( ;)
    • Like x 8
  6. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Well I guess it couldn't last forever, it was a nice few months without your complete lack of excepting reality obsession.

I will say it one more time there is nothing in this game that DC Comics itself didn't approve, which mean that everything is perfectly acceptable and within how DC Comics believes things should be portrayed. But of course I know you will not register that simple fact and still continue on your whatever, that the Devs are completely going against Lore (which they aren't) all on their own.
    • Like x 2
  7. iAquamanJLA Well-Known Player

I'm in, ill post mine soon.
  8. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Actually that is because I am back to playing the game. Also DC is pretty lenient when people violate lore however they shouldn't be so lenient. The devs violated lore by making Cheetah American, by making the Star Sapphire gear female only, by making the Indigo Tribe gear faction neutral and definitely by making the Black Lantern gear faction neutral and I will continue pointing this out.

It is not cross dressing for men to wear violet clothes. Leave your heterosexism at the door.

Love your character Magneto he looks so awesome.
    • Like x 2
  9. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Sure I can't wait to see what yours looks like.
  10. Shellheart76 Active Player

I don't think heterosexism is the word you're looking for. I'd say it's more of the fact that his masculinity is so fragile that doing so much as making a video game character wear the color violet would probably cause him to implode. God help him if someone suggested his character wear pink. Back on topic,this is a great idea,I'm very curious as to what this will churn out,as I've seen some very creative costume ideas in contests.
    • Like x 5
  11. Supergirly Dedicated Player

Usually when someone starts a thread like this, the post their own pics first. So far this is just talk about it, but no pics from you. :p
  12. iAquamanJLA Well-Known Player

I made 2 styles,
    [IMG]
    normal uniform
    [IMG]
    armored
    • Like x 3
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Seriously?
    You guys are gonna protest this late?

Okay..

Yeah it's real smart to protest against the devs AFTER the lantern content is done and over with..

This community smh.

This maybe off topic, but I do have a sapphire themed base that I wanna post..(If yall are fine with that)
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

To be fair.... she was "protesting" eons ago
    loooooong before the Lantern content was done and over with.

But her protest has fallen on death ears all this time.
    • Like x 3
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Here's the thing, though: if the devs had "violated lore" as much as you claimed, DC would have been all over it already. Remember, they made the devs change the lines on a Brother Warth shirt for players so that it better matched up with that character's shirt. If they're gonna go over the game with that much of a fine-tooth comb on a lesser-known character like Brother Warth, they aren't likely to miss lore violations.

In all likelihood DC has to sign off on anything in terms of characters and lore that goes into the game. If female-only Star Sapphire gear ended up in the game, that probably means DC approved female-only Star Sapphire gear and had no problems with it. Same goes for neutral Indigo Tribe and Black Lantern gear.
  16. megamanzero Loyal Player

i think the costumes would look better if you used black instead of trying to go for a skin color. just because they are sapphires doesnt mean they have to dress like strippers
    • Like x 3
  17. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

'and this is why I don't participate in conversations she makes any more.'

This is the song that doesn't end.

Also, I'm going to submit a design later too. A female character. Because I can.
  18. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Ooh I love your character designs they are very sexy, cool and well done. Great job!

quote="willflynne, post: 3605272, member: 206"]Here's the thing, though: if the devs had "violated lore" as much as you claimed, DC would have been all over it already. Remember, they made the devs change the lines on a Brother Warth shirt for players so that it better matched up with that character's shirt. If they're gonna go over the game with that much of a fine-tooth comb on a lesser-known character like Brother Warth, they aren't likely to miss lore violations.

In all likelihood DC has to sign off on anything in terms of characters and lore that goes into the game. If female-only Star Sapphire gear ended up in the game, that probably means DC approved female-only Star Sapphire gear and had no problems with it. Same goes for neutral Indigo Tribe and Black Lantern gear.[/quote]

DC is insistent on some things but they also on the most part let the devs run pretty wild. I just mentioned they made Cheetah American in game. In the comics Barbara Ann Minerva aka the Cheetah of this game is a British woman. The Indigo Tribe is heroic only. Sure villains can join but as soon as the ring attaches to them it floods them with compassion making them heroic and they would definitely not be willing to do the many awful things that are obligatory to players playing as villains. The Black Lanterns for instance are the most villainous of the villainous Lantern Corps. As soon as that ring gets on you, you became an evil zombie whose only goal is to destroy all life. You can't get anymore evil then that. Besides that they also made Amazon and Wonder Woman gear for both genders when the Amazons actually are female only and would certainly not let a man be their champion nor do I think their matron Goddesses would approve so no Wonder Men would exist.

Also to megamanzero Star Sapphire males with skimpy costumes are welcome here as well in fact they are encouraged. I mean after all if the ladies get to show skin then so do the males.

[

Then woman why are you even posting on this thread if you don't pay attention to what I have said. If you really were not paying attention to me then you wouldn't respond at all to my thread. It sounds like someone needs attention. Also post your female Star Sapphire if you want but that isn't the point of this thread.
    • Like x 1
  19. Princess Zero Well-Known Player

I don't object to male sapphire, its just the way they dress. But then again Superman does wear his underwear over his pants. I guess 52 Superman finally figured underwear goes on first.
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Doesn't 52 Superman wear jeans and a t-shirt? o_O