Stale data for guilds and characters due to crossplay merges

Discussion in 'Developer Notes' started by airmetforums, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Superskull85 Devoted Player

That would be a terrible change to make BTW. :p There a lot of hard coded JSON lookups that would need to be updated across at least 2 of the major Census Apps.
    In terms of Wavedox it is open source and he is looking for a maintainer. I was approached/in contact with him in regards to potentially taking over maintenance. However I am still looking to integrate my time to get up and running with him. If anyone is interested I can get you in contact with him. It is written in JavaScript under Ruby on Rails. It uses Angular, Iron and Bootstrap. Hosted on Heroku's grandfathered free account as a host and domain paid for at least 2 more years from this post. It would not be overly complex to maintain assuming you know how to use the tech he implemented.

As of this post all character and league data is live. As mentioned paperdolls update after a logout. If you find data that is not live either wait an hour or make sure you always go to Settings -> Switch Character before you stop playing (or "/logout" in your chat box). Your character has to be "saved" in order for data to be updated. This is typically done via a logout. You should also make sure your browser and/or system is not caching any data. DCUO Live, Wavedox (if you do a new request, ie reload the page) or a direct API call is not automatically cached though. I am not be certain how DCUO Blogguide handles data. (I should also note DCUO Live and Wavedox do not store any data server side and thus not subject to the changes outlined in this thread specifically. Select USPS to access US data and EUPS to access EU data via these apps.)

This is the JSON structure using the character id you provided as of the time of this post:

Code:
    {
    character_list: [
            {
                character_id: "562958544127725",
                world_id: "2",
                database_id: "2",
                name: "MurkinHeroes",
                alignment_id: "2331",
                gender_id: "0",
                power_type_id: "2784",
                power_source_id: "3316",
                movement_mode_id: "3313",
                region_id: "87365",
                level: "30",
                origin_id: "21783",
                personality_id: "389435",
                active: "true",
                combat_rating: "156",
                pvp_combat_rating: "100",
                current_health: "19275",
                current_power: "7520",
                deleted: "false",
                max_health: "19275",
                max_power: "7520",
                defense: "17828",
                toughness: "1173",
                might: "12667",
                precision: "4579",
                restoration: "6313",
                vitalization: "2785",
                dominance: "221",
                skill_points: "245",
                max_feats: "1342",
                hash: "5202d6381859747f10b83ba11b95c3db"
            }
        ],
        returned: 1
    }
    It seems to be up-to-date as you outline (in respect to PvE CR). Your stats may have changed between both pulls though.
  2. Danja9 Active Player

Keep disconnected
  3. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Keep forgetting to come back and say that the paper dolls have stopped updating again.
    • Like x 1
  4. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Except that the SSL certificate expired on April 7. 2016... it's now April 18, 2016.
  5. SiberianSpecial New Player

Hello, I would leave my request, that release the clothes of the characters in the game, such as the Black Belt Adam, the head of the flash and zoom.

The game is very good, but could be great, could release the powers of the characters, example, the Black Adam blow he yells shazam, to become more like and diversify shoot spear Deathstroke or Aquaman, tie Wonder Woman all this has to be inserted to enhance the game more.

Releasing the conversation between heroes and villains!
  6. SiberianSpecial New Player

Hello, I would leave my request, that release the clothes of the characters in the game, such as the Black Belt Adam, the head of the flash and zoom.

The game is very good, but could be great, could release the powers of the characters, example, the Black Adam blow he yells shazam, to become more like and diversify shoot spear Deathstroke or Aquaman, tie Wonder Woman all this has to be inserted to enhance the game more.

Releasing the conversation between heroes and villains!
  7. ddidderr Well-Known Player

8. darkhealer New Player

when i try to enter dc it says error
  9. darkhealer New Player

i tried too do a update that did nothing when i enter it says play i press it then wait it keeps on saying error and the bar do not go up it stays zero i need help really bad i miss dc universe
  10. darkhealer New Player

i use pc almost forgot
  11. Chicken Well-Known Player

• Like x 2
  12. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Still no updates. New toon's have nothing but just stats. Old toon's have but stale picture and stats.
    • Like x 2
  13. Kemorak New Player

Nice stuff!
  14. ddidderr Well-Known Player

Is it even planned to activate the picture generator again?
  15. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

With no pics then how can i advertise my toon's to try recruiting for my league? My toon don't look like a 'banner'
  16. Crisio New Player

Ok I'm new to the forum, hoping this is the right thread and sorry for my bad english.

I just launched an Android app called "Companion for DCUO", it's working but pretty slow. But this is my problem and I will take care of that.

My problem is:
    I want to add a feat tree to it, like in DCUOLive but I have no idea how to get the data. If anyone has an idea I would be very thankful.

Greetings,
    Crisio.
  17. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

This thread is asking about stale paper dolls. You'd be better served making your own thread in the main topic:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?forums/developer-notes.123/

I haven't done any development myself, but I believe all the available data collections are listed in this:
    http://census.daybreakgames.com/get/dcuo:v1/
    • Like x 1
  18. DCDEMON New Player

Hello im new to the site but old to the game , ive spent thousands on this game over the 3years.. Ive bought membership but still aint got it :[ this was roughly 3hours ago lol people been complaining since 8am this morning about the mc.. Still no posts or messages saying sorry for the inconvenience were fixing the problem ? Help?
  19. WiezzlerHDR New Player

Is there a site that shows all the calls and the commands for this API? The census page seems to be missing a large amount of info.
  20. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I don't know why people are still coming to this thread, rather than the developer forum. This thread is asking about stale paper dolls. You'd be better served making your own thread in the main forum topic:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?forums/developer-notes.123/

I haven't done any development myself, but I believe all the available data collections are listed in this:
    http://census.daybreakgames.com/get/dcuo:v1/
    That comes directly from the census page, you just have to scroll down to "Listing Available Collections"