Stabilizer Fragmentation

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lllStrichcodelll, Mar 1, 2019.

1. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hello,
    have you ever logged in to DCUO and thought: *Oh Boy, a new day. Time for some super EPIC fight in the Stabilizer Fragmentation instance* ?

Or was it more like: *Oh Boy... a new day. Time to get my free Fragments while i have to do this boring instance*?

My Point is, with the Gift screen that was introduced back in October 2018 with the Halloween Event, why not just delete the Stabilizer Fragmentation instance and gift the Fragments as a daily log in reward. Its a filler Instance that (as far as i know) no one really enjoys.
    • Like x 15
  2. hazard099 Active Player

sounds good to me
    • Like x 3
  3. Zneeak Devoted Player

It would make sense in regards to having that Gift screen implemented. At the same time it's a minute of my life running that instance, my time isn't THAT precious. Ultimately, whichever way that can be exploited LESS would be the way to go imho.
    • Like x 3
  4. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

But i can replay, and even get nMetal while doing it, system works fine, why change?
    • Like x 3
  5. Dwild50 Well-Known Player

If it was just the Stabilizer fragments and the (usually) pathetically cheap item drop, I could say ok with just doing away with the Fragmentation duo. Still, it drops Nth metal. A fairly decent amount (by DCUO penny pinching standards) and Nth metal is what you use to level up those augments. So keep it. (Heck I still do the vault for the Nth metal..especially on Thursday resets)
    • Like x 2
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

yeah that stabilizer fragment instance which ppl call a duo lol and some try-hards even try to out-dps one in that clamped madness no matter of what or others who say GG at the end like i even wonder if they know what GG stands for ... indeed a funny instance.
    • Like x 1
  7. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Make it a solo or put the rewards into the vault... that's about the only change I would make.
    • Like x 4
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Dude...if you are spending replays on the stabilizer run (except MAYBE on the triple stabilizer weekend we had) you are now DBG's #1 favorite customer. You win!

Reinheld
    • Like x 4
  9. Kzinti Committed Player

Every time I do the Stabilizer Duo, I wonder if my partner will leave the start area and help...3.
    I actually had a person get mad at me for not finishing it while he/she waited at the start area.
    They called me a bunch of names and left, and I finished it without him/her :)
    • Like x 4
  10. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Additionally it can be 2 log in rewards with Fragments AND Nth Metal… . Fragments per Account and daily Nth metal for each Character.
    • Like x 1
  11. Knarlydude Loyal Player

That would be a big ole NO from me. This is not a good idea at all.

What you are proposing would make it easier than it already is for bots to game the system.
    Gold bots are already set up to relog after five messages so that they do not need to wait for a daily reset to spam. There would be thousands of new fake accounts made overnight so that the gold bots could log in daily and receive rewards for doing nothing.

Making it a solo would also make it too easy for gold farmers and companies that sell in game gold.
    • Like x 2
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

About the only change I would ask for in the Stabilizer duo is to lower my chances of getting the Flash Museum instance. All the interrupts in that instance can get REALLY frustrating. It's getting to the point that I find myself saying, "PleasenottheFlashMuseumPLEASEnottheFlashMuseum" while waiting for the queue to pop. :mad: :)

I would have added getting some kind of standard in place for the entrance gates but I can deal with that a lot easier than the Flash Museum. LOL
    • Like x 4
  13. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i wouldn't mind the instance being solo, most players can solo it anyways and it would allow me to actually have fun with the instance rather than having every single partner breeze through it while leaving me at the gate. gold spammers or no gold spammers, since gold spammers will always be in game anyways. i was always under the impression that gold spammers were mostly bots anyways, i never even considered that they might actually run content.
  14. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hmmm. Youre Right. Haven't thought about that. But if you think about it, bots would get 3 fragments/bot. So every 5th day = 1 Stabilzer/bot. I dont know how many bots they use, but i think not enough to exploit the Time Capsules completely. They would also have to manually open/sell the "dropped" item
  15. Brit Loyal Player

It also drops Nth Metal, random furniture, and the occasional Time Capsule.

The Stabilizer event doesn't annoy me (except partners who stand at the entrance and do nothing).

The Vault, on the other hand, I wish there was a way I could run it for the Mark, the Nth Metal, and the holiday furniture, but stop getting all those duplicate style pieces I have to manually click and drag to delete.
    • Like x 3
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I mean sure, it's your money/replays to throw away like this, but why would you replay the Stabilzer Duo??? :confused: The keys in the marketplace are a better value overall in comparison. Just sayin'...thanks for supporting the game either way.
    • Like x 3
  17. Starblast Well-Known Player

well...this is true. however, if you are someone like me who rarely replays anything and is a member you get the free replays a month so over time that is a ton of replays stockpiled, so when you are ready to open a box I can just spend them on the instance rather than purchase it. so this is why I would/have replayed it before. I really only do this though when i'm very close to completing something and need to open a capsule or some special capsule thing is going on like right now. But if you exhaust all of yours if you are a member then yes, I agree with you!
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I use my replays to buy tedious or hard to get feats and to occasionally unlock certain styles. The only time I was ever tempted to use replays on the stabilizer duo was during the bonus stabilizer weekend.
    • Like x 1
  19. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

They want people to accidentally reset the instance out of desperation
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

How would it help the gold farmers? If anything it would hurt them. I'm sure you can script behavior to sign in, queue up and activate a solo/duo, and click X when needed, but assuming it was a solo, you'd also have to account for the map, a door switch and killing the adds/boss to loot. Right now, as soon as a farmer is in, they will get loot unless their partner leaves. Now...does this happen all that much? Maybe...maybe not. But whatever automation is going on with a gold farmer, the only advantage to it being a solo vs the duo is the 1-10 seconds it takes for the queue to pop now becomes almost instantaneous as a solo.

I'm still in favor of the solo idea, or a daily grant (although it impacts the Nth drops and useless base item dropping...true). But I'm not sure if would help the gold farmers any.

Reinheld