Stabilizer fragment of premium players and nth metal

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Evanhhs, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Evanhhs Well-Known Player

Ok so this is basically 2 questions but both are too short to have their own threads.

For Premium Players, before the daily reward we get 4 fragments/day, so for a day of 30 days we get 120 fragments (in the meantime free players get 3 fragments/day and 90 for a month). However for the daily reward, there are only 93 fragments in total, which means that the fragment premium players get is greatly decreased to that of free players?

For nth metal, which is not really complaining anything. Theoretically the crit chance of nth metal hasn't really changed. However, it feels like it crits less than before when i split a pile of nth metal before fortifying, but when I throw it in directly without splitting, it seems to crit more. Has the crit pattern of nth metal changed?

P. S. Please do correct me if i got anything wrong, ty all :D
  2. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Yes. Premium players now get fewer fragments. But they also get no cash cap as an acknowledgement of their premium status. Not sure many premium players would trade the no cash cap back for what amounts to 2 time capsules. Premium, to me at least, looks like it got an upgrade from where it was.

No idea about crits and Nth. I only level on double days.
    • Like x 8
  3. Random Mind Dedicated Player

You are correct about stabilizer fragments, the premium players and players with alt armies (like myself) got the short end of straw when they designed the Daily Rewards system.

I can't speak to the crit chance of Nth Metal as I haven't investigated that matter, but I will say that I will probably get less Nth Metal per month after the update with the removal of the Vault.
  4. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I have one alt account which is premium and I only used it to collect stabilizers with and now I only log in to collect the daily rewards. So the unlimited cash cap doesn't mean much for me. But I'm sure other premium players would indeed trade unlimited cash for 2 stabilizers. They may also say, "Why can't we have both?" Also, this doesn't take into account the 5X stabilizer fragment bonus weeks. I don't know if they will bring back the stabilizer mission for bonus weeks, but if not, premium players will miss out on even more.
  5. Canadian Justice Committed Player

I highly doubt that alt accounts were of much concern to the devs when this change was considered. But I get your point, I have a few alt accounts myself (so I can solo queue things when I want to).

And given the multi year pleas surrounding premiums and the cash cap, it's likely the devs felt that there was a significant enough value to removing the cap that two stabilizers was a more than fair trade off. Then there's even more value in never having to buy a DLC again. Premiums got far more than they lost.
    • Like x 2
  6. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Agreed a major upgrade. I've been mostly casual/ premium / a la carté since 2017. I barely notice that I'm not subbed. Partly due to buying inventory and bank space over the years I was subbed, but mostly due to the cash cap.
    • Like x 2
  7. Evanhhs Well-Known Player

Stabiliser aside, the 3000xp nth metal i got from vault during the double nth metal week is one of the main source of leveling arts. Not sure if they do this by purpose but i feel like premium user isn't really getting much from the update. I am curious of how will these weeks be handled now, like 5x stabiliser will likely to be gone.
  8. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I agree that premium players got a big upgrade, but even if it is perfect day, if there is a fly buzzing around, you aren’t going to focus on how nice the day is, you’ll focus on the fly. As much as premium players gained, they did lose something and they probably wonder why they couldn’t have had it all.
    • Like x 1
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

So premuim players get unlimited cash cap…… this was seriously the only real reason to even even be a member and they are now complaining about getting because os a few random stab frags?
    ****, the entitlement is unreal.
    And, once u have some 200 arts and the styles u need from fate vendor there is basically 0 incentive to play any way except free (premium technically tho) but theres no need or reason at all to ever spend on a membership ever again.
    Maybe if fate vendor gets something an end game player thats got what they need actually needs but till then, no reason at all anymore to be a member. Premium/free have everything lmao, still cryin for more smh. Cant say im surprised sadly
  10. Zamara Dedicated Player

As someone who mainly plays as premium if we had the option to get those 2 stabilizers back in exchange for the unlimited cash cap i'd say no without a second thought.
    The removal of the cash cap is worth more than the equivalent to 2 dollars per month we "lost" with this system, considering that you can literally buy the stuff you would get from opening those 2 capsules per month if you sell random stuff in the broker or even more if you save up, if you did the math you'd realize it is way more expensive to get enough escrow tokens to remove the cash cap for a whole month than it is to buy 2 stabilizers, even if 2 stabilizers made that much of a difference i'd rather spend $2 per month to get those 2 stabilizers than spend money every time i needed more than the $3k we had if you were to buy the tokens to remove escrow a whole month might as well buy a month of membership instead at that point, it'd give double the stabilizers and have the same effect as the tokens at least cash wise.
    • Like x 1
  11. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Agreed. For me, my alt account is premium and because I don't really play on it, the cash cap increase doesn't mean much to me but I did notice the stabilizer fragment decrease. For people playing regularly as premium, I do think the unlimited cash is more valuable than 2 stabilizers, because those two stabilizers could end up opening 2 TCs that give you nothing. I would only say that If I was just a premium player, while I would be very happy with unlimited cash, I would also be asking why am I getting less stabilizer fragments. I would be happy with the unlimited cash, but I would be happier with unlimited cash plus the two stabilizers I had before.
  12. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

I don't know about premium players but I know they took away 1 stabilizer per month for subscribers and a s*** load of Nth metal.
    • Like x 1
  13. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Yeah, instead of "removing other people's stuff and calling it incentive to subscribe", how about maybe just tossing LEgendary an extra Stabilizer every time it's Stabilizer day and calling it a day. Also, the surplus Nth metal would be nice - this shouldn't be a reorganization to devalue what we had before, "gain" should be about actual progress, not a reorganization of benefits that leaves us in the situation "well, it could be worse".
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

To me legendary is now far more appealing then it ever was before, and its easy to advertise this game to people due to its free nature now.
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

But the perks arnt as heavily weighted to 2 perks anymore

Accessing my Cash and "free" DLCs. That didnt encourage me to subscribe, it only hardened my resolve to tell the system to "Piss off" and try to manage in-between the limitations.
  16. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Disagree wholly.
    Cash cap was the only real reason to ever be a member. More stabs was nice but hardly game changing. No cap was massively game changing.
    Now that premiums have no cap, if your endgame and have the items needed from fate vendor (which dont take much time to get really) then membership has virtually no appeal now.
    To be clear, when i say endgame, i mean an actual endgame player not a CR skip that has reset a few things an got max CR. Im talking multiple 200 arts, 400-500+ sp. an actual endgame player.
    To us, membership lost the value it had when premium got the same no cap.
    Now dont misunderstand, im not complaining at all, its good because now i save $ as i have no need to be a member lol
    Im just fundamentally disagreeing specifically from the perspective of an end game player that the change had massivly devalued membership to the point its obsolete.
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

I found the membership was useless to me, because it was trying to aggravate me into spending money. Im willing to pay for extra slots, i have no problem buying styles. But when your game is telling me i have to PAY to NOT be aggravated? That the wrong foot to start off on trying to introduce people to your game.I was a hard "No" on the previous subscription system. The current one does'nt feel like its trying to piss me off into subbing, so im more amenable to it.

But anyone fully at endgame and did all the side content will have nothing good for them, because they've already got everything. Thats when you see players interest in something start to wane.
    • Like x 1
  18. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed, perspectives differ, i didnt see it as aggrivating. For me it was value. It was a justifiable value for being loyal and a member. They gave that value to all thus devalued the membership (for me).
    There needs to be something unique, something game changing to entice membership. The only thing membership entails thats of value is hinhs those trying to “get there”. It doesnt entail anything at all for those of us that are “already there” if that makes sense
    • Like x 1
  19. Proxystar #Perception

I don't shed a single tear for premium players, they gained way more than they lost and should move on, if you want the extra stabilizers pay for a sub.
    • Like x 2
  20. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Let's not forget about the Episodes been free as well. That is a ton of game content that was previously behind a paywall.
    At this point in time it's a major win for new & casual players.

Unfortunately, the new business model is based on making your character stronger rather than paying for content. It may very well create problems with difficulty levels down the road.
    • Like x 1