St. Patrick's Day Event + Rainbow Movement Style

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

I have a question about the Rainbow Aura in the marketplace. It says it's able to be traded between characters on an account. Does that entail that I can't claim it on all of my characters, since it doesn't say it can be claimed by all of them?
    • Like x 1
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Believe it means, once you buy it, it is Account Bound until used
    Also believe, you are only buying one Aura for that price, whether that means it is available for Style Unlocking is another matter
  3. Ekart Committed Player

Ran Faust solo to test it out, and got a collection as extra drop at endboss.

Veil Between World Collection:
    1. Glowing White Horsehair
    2. Rune of Danu
    3. Floating Stone
    4. Thread of King Elatha's Shroud
    5. Hag Stone
    6. Phooka Charm
    7. Formorian Fur
    8. Green Candle
    9. Inscribed Silver Piece
    10. Inscribed Gold Piece
    11. Broken Wall Shard
    12. Shining Rune
    • Like x 1
  4. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

''traded between characters on an account'' is the DCUO way of saying that you can only use it once, but you can choose on which character, meaning you don't have to buy it on the character you want to use it on.

AP
  5. StealthBlue Loyal Player

By "rainbow aura" do you actually mean the new rainbow movement style? I can confirm that I have bought the rainbow movement style and consumed it on multiple characters without having to use style unlocking (movement styles are not available to style unlock yet anyway). Also, many recent things can be redeemed on all your characters, but are still able to be treated between characters. For example, the champions material pack is the same way. For some reason it doesn't grey out when you claim it on one character, so you can accidentally claim it multiple times on one character. Being able to trade it to a different character keeps you from having something you can't delete in your inventory.
  6. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

So if a player does the missions every day they will still be 10 clovers short on getting 25 of the 2019 base items. That is a poor way to construct an event and feat structure. Double the time this event is up!
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I would suggest using more than one character for doing this.

If you have more than one character you can send the base items to where you need them.
    • Like x 2
  8. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Apparently,....... The wording was recently changed without much fanfare and they can no longer be used account wide. It appears that they all have been changed to being single use items while keeping the prices the same.

I would like to ask a few other players to log into the game and re-confirm what I am seeing. It looks like most if not all of the auras and materials are no longer account wide and single use. I will do a double take just to make sure that is what I was seeing.
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I have a question or two for you regarding the wording that was changed on all of the styles within the MP.

Before, ( I'm not sure when the descriptions were changed) the wording on the styles description said that these styles within the MP were able to be used account wide. Now, it says that they are account bound and can be traded to any of our other characters.

Me personally, I really do not have any issues with single use items being sold in the MP. I always liked how you guys had the styles that we could buy and use on any characters but I always thought that you guys could do better with single use styles sold at a cheaper rate.

My questions and thoughts on this are..............

Why did you guys remove the account wide styles?
    Some players liked these account wide styles and made exceptions for their higher prices because of it.

Why did you add the single use styles and leave all of the prices the same as the account wide styles?

Wouldn't it be a better option to leave the account wide style options in place with the same pricing and then add the single use items at a lower price?

This way you appeal to the players that liked and bought the account wide styles while also enticing other players with cheaper single use items.
  10. Brother Allen Loyal Player

If that is not a bug then that is a pretty big change for them to not point out before doing so. The Movement Mode styles were already overpriced but at least they were account wide. If they are single use, then they are 100% not worth the 900 Station Cash. Even Mepps posted on the forums when they were released and I questioned the cost he pointed out that they were account wide and could be claimed on every toon which made them a great deal. Guess that is not the case anymore.
    • Like x 1
  11. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Yeah...it has to be a bug or some sort of oversight because they promoted adamantly to pay attention to the fact that they were account bound when released.
    [IMG]
  12. Eve YouTuber

I think It's just misworded because I can equip the rainbow movement style on all of my characters. Same for styles I own.
    • Like x 1
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We were not able to get a hot fix out this morning, so we expect this to go live tomorrow (Wednesday).
    • Like x 1
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This movement style is also for all characters on your account. We will look at the wording.
    • Like x 1
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

What is this feat for, that is currently not available? More base items or something else?
  16. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Seems to be a Trinket of Some Sort
    The Reward is a Diamond Shaped Icon
    • Like x 2
  17. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Sounds like an accessory...
    • Like x 3
  18. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Floating Shamrocks!!!
  19. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Mepps what is the reward for this year’s collection?
    • Like x 1
  20. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

So far it appears to be an accessory of some sort. Kinda surprised it wasn’t on the official st Patrick’s event pictures :/
    • Like x 2