Spring Seasonal - Will-o'-the-Wisp Base Pet and Vanity Trinket

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jafin, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Here's quick video showing off these adorable little pets! The base pet and trinket both cost 100 Seed Pods each. The trinket is purely a vanity trinket, it does not attack enemies or do anything but follow you around looking and sounding adorable af. The wisps also give you a little green sparkle around your body when you're close to them it seems.
    I'm also wearing the new Forest Spirit face piece and hands. They both cost 50 Seed Pods each and come in unattuned boxes that go up to level 163.
    • Like x 15
  2. Nodens Dedicated Player

Woot! Thank you, Jafin! I definitely have more use for those as pets in my nature-themed lairs, than I ever would have for penguins in ANY of my toon's lairs! I'm looking forward to getting some.
    Tell, me, once purchased from the vendor, can they be traded? Also, is that music actually coming from the speaker from the St. Paddy's day event? I have one, but haven't placed it in any lair yet, because I didn't know what it sounds like.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Amazing! I want loads of those Will-O-Wisp pets for my next base :)
    • Like x 1
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

They are all tagged with "Cannot Trade" unfortunately. And yes, the music is from the St. Paddy's Day speaker!

Edit: the "Cannot Trade" may be a bug. I just saw Proxy report that the trinket is tradeable but the base pet is not and that it should be the other way around. All the other seasonal pets have been tradeable (I think) so these should be also.
    • Like x 5
  5. Nodens Dedicated Player

Sweet! Thank you!
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Some screenshots I took of me quickly ramping up a base corner in 5 minutes :D - these new base items, I like a lot - I am very pleased with some of these as a base decorator.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 17
  7. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

8. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Nice! Are those new grass patches?

Love the mushrooms.

People wanting enchanted forests for bases will be thrilled with these :)
    • Like x 3
  9. Mermaid Dedicated Player

OMG they listened to my request last year!! Eeeep I am soooo excited to incorporate these in my base! ty for showing, gonna head to test personally now to check them out ^^
    • Like x 3
  10. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

How long does the pet stay out after being summoned?
  11. Proxystar #Perception

It's on the same pet cool down and duration as all other pets trinkets
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

Love the base items. Not a fan of the styles being attached to the blue gear boxes. That has never been like that before. And styles have always been 5-20 marks. Now they are 50? Nope not liking that at all.
    • Like x 4
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Here's a quick video I just hacked up in Xsplit for the section of base I posted in screenshots above - sorry Jafin for hijacking your thread with my own stuff, figured it wasn't worth making a duplicate thread lol :D

Oh should say too, the flower patches are actually all different colours but I note when you start cutting the light out they all look white
    • Like x 6
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

The ivy on the walls might be my new favorite base item. That is awesome.
    • Like x 2
  15. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Its bad enough you can't get everything on the same character soon you'll have to reset stuff to just get the basic stuff.
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

U should show off the styles if u get time :p And the base looks amazing. Thats super cool.
    • Like x 2
  17. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

styles didnt show up good with the bark skin :oops:
    • Like x 1
  18. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Got carried away with the base items and forgot about the pet.. the pet is cool honestly but I expected.. something else like the Venus Flytraps or idk something more plant-like or animal. The wisp will add an enchanting vibe to my Enchanted Forest but there is so much to farm I can't imagine farming dozens of that as much as I would love to!

As for the styles.. copied my test server comment:

Not loving the mask/hands being placed in gear boxes, it is redundant as Starro Event already drops gear that scales and will run during Spring Event's release. Revert them back to just being STYLES please with appropriate cost!

I also dislike when they don't release a full set or almost full set style, not a fan of just mask/hands of the Forest Spirit such a beautiful style with only mask and hands? Must we wait for next year to have 2 more pieces released? I know you can mix and match them with other plant styles but it would be much better to have a full set.

• Like x 3
  19. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Come to think of it, the pet kinda reminds me of Celebi (the Pokemon). :)
    • Like x 1
  20. recoil Committed Player

i LOVE all of these. the only other thing they could do would be give us large antlers and this would be complete.