Spring Seasonal Event!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

Springtime Seasonal Event

Poison Ivy is back to wreak havoc on the people of Gotham City! We’ve added three new Feats, new Spring-themed Base items, and new Spring-themed gear. Collect Seed Pods and purchase Spring items from “Arborist Louis” next to Swamp Thing in the Watchtower or “The Misgiving Tree” next to Poison Ivy in the Hall of Doom.

Villains can learn more about Poison Ivy’s plans by speaking to her in the Hall of Doom’s Pit, while Heroes can speak to Swamp Thing in the Watchtower’s Aquacultural Area to help bring down Ivy and her minions. Plus, speak to Veronica Cale (Villains) or Doctor Sarah Charles (Heroes) to find out more about taking on Swamp Thing. Level Requirement: 10

Celebrate this year’s Spring event with our new Holi Festival celebration! Pummel your friends and foes alike with handfuls of colorful powder!

New Feats:
    • Midnight Spring Dream
    • Holi Snikes!
    • Wooden Chip On Your Shoulder
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please note that this year's event is two weeks long (April 30-May 13, 2020). The currency rewards have been increased and most items from previous years now cost less on the Spring vendor.
    • Like x 7
  3. Eve YouTuber

Wait you can get the powders as base item?? How? They're not on the vendor...
  4. Walvine Well-Known Player

My gues is you need to find all 6 colours of powder then recieve it as mail reward , why is 7th colour missing hmm! .
  5. Jay Leon Hart New Player

[rant]"Cultivate Plant-Creatures"

Gee, I'd love to, but Heroes just rip them up. Shame I can't do the same to them...[/rant]

Why allow factions to interfere with missions like this, especially time limited event ones?
  6. Eve YouTuber

No? The powders are right next to swamp thing in watch tower (Guessing for villains next to Poison Ivy).
    The same thing happened with Christmas event, the green flame - there was a Blue one I think in Mepps picture, but it wasn't obtainable.
    This is a shame, cause these will be really cool as base items but for some reason they are not available to us, but they appear on promotional pictures.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Sorry about the powders in the base screenshot. These did not end up making it into the event.
    • Like x 3
  8. Walvine Well-Known Player

I logged into event after original post , forget i already had currency from last spring so all 2020 feats complete , Yup no mail reward , wouldve been nice if they included indigo powder next time , from what mepps say we atleast know what base item will appear next spring.
    • Like x 1
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

The changes you have started doing to Seasonals is very, very distasteful to say the least. You are, if even indirectly, pushing us more and more towards a need of purchasing additional Seasonal Currency of the Marketplace with the rate that the Vendor prices are going, while the uptime window on seasonals and mark totals is getting smaller.

Can't you guys even leave us casual side-content to enjoy without applying monetization-driven changes that entirely sucks the fun left out of it? The grind has become too much for something so time-limited, it's time to stop. Please.
    • Like x 6
  10. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I thought he said that they'd upped the rewards & lowered the prices?
  11. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

These rewards are awesome. My garden is getting out of hand, stuff overlapping, but my program just loves the decorations too much to care about the overlapping.
  12. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

Like all this stuff will make a super cool set in my league.
    My nature healer says thank you ;)
  13. UFOTechnologies2019 New Player

Pretty Harsh bro. I mean they just explained we get longer period of time for the event , we get more marks , and discounted vendor prices, uh they did exactly what you wanted , and yet you still trashed them. Try being constructive when giving a critique. It goes a lot further with the people you are addressing rather than trashing them for something they didn't even do. Better communication from us to the Dev's and Comm Manager will yield better results. Don't be simpin bro , be straight ******!!!!
  14. DiscoSoup Active Player

This really is cool stuff. Thank you very much. Love the base styles. Love the base items and love the forest spirit styles.
    @Mepps I also really appreciate the way the different events offer looks that complement different power sets. You know, how Light gets some cool stuff in the winter, Nature in the spring, Water in the summer, Nuclear and Quantum in the anniversary event, and so on.

Now I wonder if there are any powers that could use a boost in events? Which powers don't get complementary outfits?
  15. DakuSuiren New Player

im confused the event is not longer the event is shortened it used to take up the entire month of MAY and now they reduced it down to 2 weeks. It is upsetting and for those who are doing this event for a first time they don't have enough time. The mass amount of items in the vendor and they will have 2 weeks to pick what they want which means if they wants the feats that will have to be their focus instead of what base items and style items they actually want. Shortening this event is in poor taste and is extremely disappointing. Doesn't matter if they double what we get not everyone can get on every day so their time is even shortened with this 2 week limitation.
    • Like x 2
  16. Fwames Well-Known Player

Can you put the vendor collection item (forgot what it is called) in the shared storage?
  17. Grand Arbiter New Player

is there a reason that the items in the vendor are locked? i have pods and i cant buy anything
  18. Zneeak Devoted Player

My feedback was constructive, just because it is negative feedback doesn't mean I am trashing them. You're also completely wrong in stating that we get a longer period of time for the event, when in fact the entire change they made, of which I complained about is the opposite. It used to run for about a month, it now runs for half the time it used to, the discount-changes they've made isn't enough imo to justify said change in runtime for a limited-time event.

Sometimes it's good to have all the facts on the table when judging someone's feedback.
    • Like x 1
  19. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Um. nope. It isn't longer... was reduce from four weeks or so in all previous years, to just two weeks this year. And yes, they increased the marks, but they didn't double them to make up for the reduced event, they were increased by 60%. So far from "trashing them for something they didn't do", he is giving them feedback on exactly what they did do.

Just because the feedback doesn't cheer and applaud a decision doesn't mean it's not valid feedback.
    • Like x 2
  20. Spazz99 New Player

Some of us farm seasonals on multiple toons. I for one could not farm all the feat that I wanted in just two weeks. It usually takes me the full 4 weeks and I farm it on 11 toons. As I said, in two weeks I barely completeed things on one toon. Thanks but no thanks "BRO!"
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.