Spring Event Exploit Fix Please

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cold Fusion, May 1, 2017.

1. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

This community sometimes...

So me and a friend go into the event alert and all 4 of us walk up to the door we go in and I noticed someone is just standing there doing nothing.... We set the traps and they are still standing there... we are fighting and he is still standing there..

I'm like I'm not doing this for them while they watch tv ... So I told my friend let's go and 're Q... Nope .. We can't warp anywhere in combat.. We can't even die with no gear on because Swamp thing refused to kill us.. We can't kick him during a fight...

So we have no choice but to let this guy just stand there and get rewarded.. Nice

We need to be able to warp rally... Seriously
    • Like x 8
  2. Proxystar #Perception

How is this a Spring Event exploit, this can be done in any content a player queues for, it was done all the time in other events.

My suggestion is to forget about it and move on.
    • Like x 13
  3. Saami Loyal Player

There should be in-game video recording tool. Something simple to use and send to investigate.
  4. Korvyne Committed Player

Had the same happen yesterday. I had planned on doing what I normally do in this situation and bring the mobs to him(he can at least get a small repair bill) when he sprung to life. A leaguemate suggested he may have been ps3 and that they sometimes have very long loading screens. Seemed plausible in this instance.
  5. TheDrone Well-Known Player

The person was probably (90% chance) just letting you do the event for them.

But, the long loading screen suggestion is a legitimate possibility. I'm on PC, and I occasionally get ridiculously long loading screens. I've had Duo's that I enter (after a long loading screen) and find that my partner is halfway through. I've had Time Capsule events that get stuck on a loading screen so long that it's over before I get in.

Now, I have no idea if it's a related issue, but I also occasionally have another problem that makes doing anything in situations like this almost impossible. Perhaps once in every 10 things I queue into, it'll take as much as 3 minutes before any enemies are visible. I can see the red dot on the mini-map, but that's it. No actual enemies on my screen, no graphics from their attacks, no ability to lock onto them. Oddly, this never happens in PvP or LPvP matches...only PvE queues.
    • Like x 4
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I'm PC as well and while I will not rule out the possibility of just having one of "those' players along for the ride I've experienced the same long load times into instances. Maybe not quite as long as the Drone but I have arrived and my team mate ha several mobs already gone before i could even join in the fun. I have also had the extremely fun issue of standing and staring at little red dot on my mini map but not a thing actually showing i can shoot at.

Now I'll add a third... LAG. Not often but I have actually found myself having to rez and repair because I start into a mob to defeat them and then everything just freezes. By the time things move again I am on one knee.

Chances are what occurred was the usual player that is determined to just sit back and let YOU do all the work while they watch. There were threads on that subject during the Anniversary event and at least one when the Starro first began. It is possible to survive for quite a while in that mission so if that's the case my suggestion would be take the 20-30 seconds to kick the guy. Hey if your going to wind up completing the thing with only three active team mates why not just lose the cheer leader?
    • Like x 1
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I wouldn't have cared. They nerfed the freaking seasonal it's a joke. You might as well just stand there, it's about the same difficulty either way.
    • Like x 1
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

I was on the other end of this the first day. I loaded in, the cut scene started, my graphics card decided it didn't want to work and froze the system. When I logged back in, I was loot locked, so...thanks?
  9. ghosts Well-Known Player

Done the event today, and one person disconnected after the opening cinematic, then you go to do the open world event and heroes break the plants you're trying to grow, and there's nothing you can do about it
    And you're expected to do this daily, with several characters, for one month straight. Same with the other event that doesn't even let you use the skill points you grinded for years
    I'm done with this, if it's not the creators bleeding you out of every cent they can get it's the people that play this game that make the experience not worth your time and money
  10. ChillCat Loyal Player

The seasonal should NOT be a challenge requiring significant strength or skill. It's intended for level 10 and up. Level 10's (generally) know nothing and are fairly useless in team combat, so the difficulty has been tuned appropriately....in my opinion.
    • Like x 3
  11. Stark23 Committed Player

Who cares.
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

They didn't nerf the spring seasonal because it required skill or strength, They nerfed the spring seasonal because people didn't know such a simple mechanic.

Seriously, all you had to do back in the day was bring Swamp thing over to the orange toxin and then burn him. Rinse and repeat until he's down.

If the developers have to nerf down the Swamp Thing event because a Simple Mechanic couldn't be followed through, then that adds more fire to my argument that I don't see hard content coming back to DC.
    • Like x 2
  13. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

It is exploiting a system that allows for them to walk in and do nothing... As others say .. Yes it's easy and yes we passed it... Not the point.

But it does add a little extra time to the event and promotes this type of behavior to others if there is no recourse... What's the harm in giving us a option to deal with MIA's?
  14. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

They walked to the door before we hit the switch... Not loading.. I have PS3 friends and am aware of the loading times... This was not that...
    • Like x 1
  15. ChillCat Loyal Player

Again, level 10 players (generally) know nothing about group play and mechanics. Knowing mechanics and how to execute them accurately and repeatedly factors into skill. Level 10's are more prone to just spam a weapon attack and one or two tray power that they think will be beneficial. Pre-adjustment, the Swamp Thing mission was about timing and aggro. A new player may have a limited sense of timing but almost know depth of understanding about aggro.

It may have been "easy" for an experienced player, but that's not what this mission is designed for. This mission is designed for inexperienced players that want to get in on the action without feeling like a total failure. Comparing it to any DLC (past or yet to come) that requires actual skill and the Dev's ability to create challenging content is a false equivalency argument. That's like saying bumper cars at an amusement park are not challenging enough when you're training to become a professional NASCAR racer.
    • Like x 1
  16. SilkyPawz Bunny

To make light of the situation did the spring event yesterday, an the healer DIED, yes died while the other pug went off on them, I couldn't stop laughing we finished it me an the other pug while the other two were fighting, in a 2 minute event.. lol :p:D
  17. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

This, this exactly is what happens to me. The Devs need to fix this for us PC players (or any platform that keeps experiencing this).
  18. VariableFire Loyal Player

If you feel that strongly about it, add the player to your ignore list.

As for fixing stuff, can we please just drop the notion of linkdead? It only ever works right for me maybe 1/10 times (and my team was so surprised when I actually made it back). The rest of time it usually means I can't play for an hour while I wait for the stupid thing to let me back in.
  19. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I think what Proxy is addressing is the fact that you made it sound like it was some bug/glitch that was specific to the mission. You did name your thread
    Spring Event Exploit Fix Please

So exactly what do you expect the Dev team to do that will fix a player that joins a team, ANY team, and then hangs back expecting to be just carried to the end? I mention in my first post if you have the problem take the 20 seconds required to start a kick vote and bounce the freeloader off the team. If he is standing there doing absolutely nothing its not like he's contributing to completing the mission in any way so aside from 10-20 seconds to accomplish the vote what are you losing? There exploit fixed.
    • Like x 1
  20. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Curiously Do you actually read entire posts or just get defensive and start bashing without bothering to see exactly what the poster wrote?

Now in this first part I am simply agreeing with TheDrone because I have had the exact same problem on missions that he is describing and even then I add a line that basically says it may still have been just a player looking for a free ride.

And then there was part two where I actually state that the more likely explanation is you had along a player looking to do nothing and just sit back and grab free seed pods while the rest of you did all the work. Your thread title makes it sound like some player found a glitch or created an exploit to defeat the Swamp Thing but all you really have is a free loader. That situation has been around for years and the Dev team "fixed" it with the ability to kick players like that off your team. If you didn't do that and he walked out with 4 seed pods for doing absolutely nothing then how is it the Dev's fault you didn't use the system they provided to let yo9u get rid of him?